What do you look for in a good company?

Nephythys

Not getting schucked....
I'm a wife- not a driver.

My husband is not a new driver- he's been driving locally for 3 years.

Recently was hired by CR England. Wow, I wish we had done research on this company before he left.

After avoiding disaster (the lease program) he is going to drive company team for a while-but I am going to be putting my feet to the ground and finding other companies for him to apply to-

What do we look for?

Does it matter how long he sticks with CRE before he leaves for a better opportunity?

What companies are good- I saw the forum on the subject but I do not really know what to look for?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

If I was in his shoes I would look at Schneider. Their lease purchase/owner operator program from what I hear is very good.

Thanks- will look into it.

The issue of where you live-we are in CO-so I wonder how that works when looking for an OTR job.

So much to learn and I feel like I am in the batting cage and the ball machine is haywire-:crazy:

There is no such thing as "good" company. What works for one driver may not work for another driver. Of course you got some who are NEVER happy no matter who they work for.

There is no such thing as "good" company. What works for one driver may not work for another driver. Of course you got some who are NEVER happy no matter who they work for.

No- but there are clearly companies to avoid. There must also be good thing to look for- positive aspects that one wants to have in an OTR employer.

I'm a wife- not a driver.

My husband is not a new driver- he's been driving locally for 3 years.

Recently was hired by CR England. Wow, I wish we had done research on this company before he left.

After avoiding disaster (the lease program) he is going to drive company team for a while-but I am going to be putting my feet to the ground and finding other companies for him to apply to-

What do we look for?

Does it matter how long he sticks with CRE before he leaves for a better opportunity?

What companies are good- I saw the forum on the subject but I do not really know what to look for?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

I commend your husband for the 3 consecutive years experience he intels, but long haul is a whole different animal then local driving. As for a good company, he needs to decide what he wants out of his career decision as a OTR driver. He needs to be willing to sacrafice time from family and home life.

He needs to decide the compensation and benefits he expects for his sacrafice and the needs of those back home. I am not dodging your question just tring to give you an opinion for no one can tell you what is a good company for everybodies experience and needs are different then anyone elses

No- but there are clearly companies to avoid. There must also be good thing to look for- positive aspects that one wants to have in an OTR employer.

Their safety record is an issue I use to look at when looking, as for companies to avoid it is a hit and miss experience in this industry just as it is in any other industry. Positive aspects can only be concluded by that in which your husband is looking for

I commend your husband for the 3 consecutive years experience he intels, but long haul is a whole different animal then local driving. As for a good company, he needs to decide what he wants out of his career decision as a OTR driver. He needs to be willing to sacrafice time from family and home life.

He needs to decide the compensation and benefits he expects for his sacrafice and the needs of those back home. I am not dodging your question just tring to give you an opinion for no one can tell you what is a good company for everybodies experience and needs are different then anyone elses

Save for the fact that it seems universally agreed that the lease program was a BAD idea.

I get that people thrive in different companies- he may yet thrive at CRE- we don't know yet.

But seems that we are learning there are RED flags-and when you feel like you are at a two week sales presentation- that's a big one.

Save for the fact that it seems universally agreed that the lease program was a BAD idea.

I get that people thrive in different companies- he may yet thrive at CRE- we don't know yet.

But seems that we are learning there are RED flags-and when you feel like you are at a two week sales presentation- that's a big one.

This is true, but in the Lease Purchase arena, it will sound like a sales representation regardless where you look. If CRE offers what he is looking for in a company and the business is handled properly there is no reason you cannot thrive with that company

This is true, but in the Lease Purchase arena, it will sound like a sales representation regardless where you look. If CRE offers what he is looking for in a company and the business is handled properly there is no reason you cannot thrive with that company

Thanks- that is the best encouraging statement I have gotten so far.

We agreed that it was moving too fast- too much, too soon- need to work for the first. Kick ass at that...see how it goes.

Thanks- that is the best encouraging statement I have gotten so far.

We agreed that it was moving too fast- too much, too soon- need to work for the first. Kick ass at that...see how it goes.

That is the way they do it. They sucker new drivers who have no clue in these lease purchase deals when in reality you'll never own the truck and your just paying their truck off for them. Then when that driver goes broke the cycle repeats itself. There is only ONE company that I know of who will let you buy the truck after the lease is up for $1 and that is John Christner Trucking out of Oklahoma. I hear John Christner Trucking is a good carrier too.

That is the way they do it. They sucker new drivers who have no clue in these lease purchase deals when in reality you'll never own the truck and your just paying their truck off for them. Then when that driver goes broke the cycle repeats itself. There is only ONE company that I know of who will let you buy the truck after the lease is up for $1 and that is John Christner Trucking out of Oklahoma. I hear John Christner Trucking is a good carrier too.

heh- the lights just went on with that one.1

What do i look for in a good company u ask ppl that dont bug u as long as youre doing your job and getting load delivered on time the staff should just mind their own business ive drove for companies its like gees leave me the heck alone and go pester some other driver big companiies like to do that way too many chiefs and not enough indians so to speak im done with the giants im very well content and happy with small companies
Posted via Mobile Device

i am new to the trucking world. my friend and i are looking to do team truck driving to earn some quick money in the next year. can you give us any recommendations? we both live in tucson, az. werner trucking is located here, but i've recently read several bad reviews. also, swift was a possibility, but recently i've been doubting their integrity as well. does anyone recommend a place to start? is it even worth the cost given the economy?

i am new to the trucking world. my friend and i are looking to do team truck driving to earn some quick money in the next year. can you give us any recommendations? we both live in tucson, az. werner trucking is located here, but i've recently read several bad reviews. also, swift was a possibility, but recently i've been doubting their integrity as well. does anyone recommend a place to start? is it even worth the cost given the economy?

Smart move not driving for werner i was there almost 3 yrs just how much otr exp do u and the person youre going to team with have?the more exp the better the company maybe try transam trucking if u dont mind reefer decker out of fort dodge is spose to be good too but dont know how much exp they require there are many comapnies that would rather hire teams
Posted via Mobile Device

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread