What Did You Name Your Pet And Why?

Racer X 69

Everybody that has a pet gives them a name. There is a story behind most pet names. More so than when we name our children.

So, what's your story?

Precious, had Parvo as a puppy, I almost lost her.

Blazer, has a big blaze down his face.

Mama, had puppies and the name stuck.

Buddy, is a big goof.

Big Boy, is a big clumsy dog.

Yaller, is yellow.

Bright Eyes, has big bright eyes.

Baby, is a cute dog.

Princess, I couldn't think of another at the time.

My dogs already had names when I got them. My son named the oldest dog Keyloke several years ago. Why, I'll never know. He named big dog, Bodacious, after the famous bull, because of his size. He is 100+ pounds. My little girl dog was a year old when I got her and she had already been given the name Missy-Prissy. Being a black pug, the name was quite suitable for her.

I did get to name my chickens. When I first got them last year, some of the ten were guaranteed to be hens. Those were a breed that has hairy feet so I could tell them from the others that I hoped were hens but were not guaranteed to be. As it turned out, one of the hairy legged chickens was a rooster. I named him Mr. Hairy Legs. Another rooster, Foghorn, did not survive and he is buried in the back yard. One of my hens, a gray and white speckled bird, I named Betsy. She was the first to start laying. The others are still waiting for names. I am hoping to come up with something to match their personalities, no matter how long it takes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread