What did YOU do?

beeble736

Well, here is is Sunday morning. The shutdown started a week ago and already most drivers I've spoken to in the past two days are heading back out tomorrow. We made a lot of fuss, and then it came time to to show up and speak up no one did. WV state police were planning on 600 - 800 trucks for the hillbilly convoy, fewer than 100 showed up. The convoy to Atlanta was planning on 250 truck, how many were there? I heard estimates of 50 - 75, what happened? My grandma has a saying that is so appropriate here, either poop (not her word) or get off the pot. If you're unhappy, tell the whole world. You don't need to come here and vent, WE know how bad it is.

I have offered to publish a newsletter that would be e-mailed to any driver, o/o, leased, company, farm or toyota camry. NO ONE acknowledged my offer, I was on 6 different chats at one point, no one answered. WE need an organization to provide communication and to speak for as many of us as possible, short of that, we need a central connunication, one which I offered to provide since it is something I do professionally anyway. Everyone wants a solution, but no one want to be the mechanism to make it happen.

I did THREE interviews on Tuesday. I was so sick I could barely talk, but I did THREE interviews, what did YOU do? I made over 250 phone calls, EVERY member of the senate, all the state reps from Georgia, the governor of GA, the big four presidental candidates, the WHITE HOUSE. WHO DID YOU CALL????

One more time, I am willing to put together and e-publish a newsletter addressing out concerns and "demands". We have to work together to make any difference. If we choose to sit and wait for everyone else to work, the we have and will continue to fail.

Bea Hall
Newington, GA

we have made some mistakes because it was not organized and no one really knew what they should do and while people parked their trucks and sit home no one but themselves and the chat rooms knew they were on strike. I COMMEND them on thier efforts but they were not heard. Its time to go to work and not in the trucks but or organize truckers in large groups, which is very impressive if i must say so. Have you signs, call your local news media and let them know where you'll be, their in the phone book and they will show up. As angry as drivers are and they see ther drivers fighting they WILL join in. It's like when talk of the strike first started, people were so ready, i guarantee you every drucker was glued to his tv at news time, they are looking to see whats happening and when they don't see anything they figuere why bother, no one else is. Don't get me wrong, my husband and the drivers at his company did shut down but no one else did. But they would not picket, so who knew they were sitting home and the news media had nothing to report on. BIG MISTAKE

Thank you Bea, I'm one old trucker that is more than proud of you. I too have tried to do my part in this. I'm just about at the point where I'll be out of the trucking part of all of it, but like everyone else in this country I know, full well, that my family and I will still be a big part of what is going on. I for one would love for you to do the newsletter. I don't know why no one else has answered you, but I think it's a great idea. I have been doing most of my posts on this site at The Truckers on Strike Post. There is another on here that is standing firm and fighting hard,,,,,,,Tn Truckers Wife. She has been posting there too. I only hope that not everyone but us has given up the fight. There have been some posting on here that they have won. They, or we, haven't won a damn thing. There isn't a damn thing changed in the past week, except the cost of gas went up another 12 cents on average. I sure as hell don't call that a win for anyone. Anything I can do to help, I will. Just let me know.

We started out with about 75 trucks and wound up with almost 250 in the atlanta ride. I was mid-pack and it was trucks as far as I could see in both directions. I can't tell you how many trucks that were north bound that run up behind us and fell in line with us. Most of them rode with us until they got to their exit. We had a great ride to Atlanta !!!

What did I do?
1. Kept people and media informed.
2. Answered a "few" hundred e-mails
3. Contacted the media via e-mail, once they contacted me with their phone number. (FYI I only contact media via e-mail and if I am important enough to speak with they will contact me-if not then thats their problem.
4. Spoke to God only knows how many reporters, radio stations, newspapers, TV news, and anyone else you can think of.
5. Answered OVER 2,000-3,000 messages on my myspace
6. Forwarded any media contacts along that I could
7. Chatted with people in the chat on the board to keep them informed.
8. Stayed in close contact with the Convoy that was to Harrisburg

What drove me insane was the media contacting me with deadlines, that put a strain on things. I had drivers wanting me to talk to their local news media which wasn't soooo bad. I mainly did things on my myspace e-mailed people.

This time I plan on e-mailing about 100,000 people all over the world. No people I am not just contacting the US. It is called PUBLIC BURN, very sweet method and I suggest everyone learn it and love it LOL. I should be posting all the media I contact and that needs to be contacted to get the word out about the next rally and meetings very very soon. So stay tuned, I got skills on how to e-mail a "few" people.
MySpace.com - Trucker Strike - 24 - Female - Shut down the USA, Kentucky - www.myspace.com/truckerstrike08

I suggest we get on the same page though as everyone else meaning the people in PA that are going to DC.

We need to focus on west coast shut downers. I have the media contacts I just need their drivers to be on the same page as the east coasters

Is there any way to delete this thread? I have been personally and privately balsted by several drivers from other boards and I'm just sick of the whole mess. This was intended to motivate people to get out there and make some noise, I did not intend for it to be interpreted and a complaint to those of you who have been working night and day to improve conditions for all drivers.

I've been told I'm stupid, that I deserve to be in the situation I am in because of my stupidity and several other lovely things that aren't fit for family consumption.

I remain pasionately committed to the shutdown. Yes $1 a mile sucks, but guess what? That's the going rate here, so the drivers have to live with it.

BEA: Tell us who they are!!

Tell us here, openly who has been doing this to you. Get them out in the open where we can all see who they are and we can all take a few shots back at them. Print their names here and if you want, post the trash that they sent to you. Let everyone on here see who it is that are the assholes that are a big part of why this shutdown didn't bring about any changes. You don't need to feel bad about anything. You have worked hard to make this whole thing mean something and to get things to work. Please, let us all see who they are and what they are running their stupid mouths about. I have a pretty good idea on who it is, but everyone needs to know.:pissed::mad:

Everything that BANDIT just said, I second. Bea, don't you DARE give up! Between you and Trucker08 this has gotten to more people than I could have mustered in a year. As for the morons who are belittling you let them come HERE and say it. Post what they sent to you and let US back you up, because I assure you .... WE WILL. You have done nothing wrong unless trying to make it better for everyone, including the assholes, is considered a bad thing, it's folks like you that make the difference. We're so lucky to have you on our side, as for "them" they can go straight to hell.

*sorry for the cussing*

Petes wife

I get all kinds of slack for helping out and doing this and that but I ignore it. I've been called every name in the book. My kids have been mentioned among other things and I still hold my tongue and try to be nice. I am realllly shocked that a certain person has not followed me her to bash me like he has since December. He is bent on trying to bring me down but it just ain't working out for him too well.

Anyway just IGNORE the ignorance.

Well this is the old man, and here is how I feel, for those who wish to work for slave wages or Mexican wages have a nice life. I was able to cut our miles by 1/3 last year and make a better profit. If I have to cut my miles another 1/3, I will still make as much and not wear my equipment out, and not under pay my help. For those of you who have nothing other to do than bash or criticize us, you are wasting your time. I have been getting a real thick skin through the years. Its to the point now it has become callas. We are the ones trying to make a difference, if you don't like that tough. Since you all are working and happy, you should be glad that there is much more freight to haul. But this complaining tells me you are not happy, you don't make enough money to be as comfortable as you want to be, you are struggling to make ends meet, you probably have to drive a vehicle that you don't like and you probably have to deal with ignorant company dispatchers who are making the money by not paying you what you should make.

I look at it this way, for those who are complaining, you are under paid, most likely mis treated. have no or very little benefits, and truly not happy at all and must not be working much either, because you spend way to much time on the internet boards complaining.

Drawing attention to this situation is not pretty by any means. i can show ya some messages that will make you cry lol. But SMILE it only gets worse. No sense in beating around the bush about it.

I was one of the log haulers from G.a who participated in the convoy to Atlanta. 97% of the attention we recieved was positive. I too, like many have been scorned for being 100% in support of this strike/shutdown. I have spent many late-nights right here sending E-Mails and letters to our state capitol, reps, and everyone else that might could help us do something while occasionally glancing out the window at my truck parked in the driveway. We did have a few "C.B Rambo's" say look at all those dumba**es !!! They are protesting the cost of fuel and here they are riding around wasting it !!! We ignored them and went on up the road. I had cars pull up beside me, Honk the horn and give me "Thumbs up", Other drivers fell in line. One guy said on the C.B that his boss said that if he got in line with us he would be fired. He said screw him !!! And fell right in line with us. We did get the states attention. Ya'll don't give up !!! We have more attention to this now than ever. We cannot give up !! If it just stops now, we will never have another chance at making it happen again. We have to keep fighting !!:paddle: Don't let the naysayers get you down. Most of the people who have been giving me any flak don't know Jack about trucking, or what it takes to operate a truck. To hell with'em. I don't even acknowledge that crap. It takes all their fun away when you don't give them the time of day. BAN TOGETHER DRIVERS !!! LET'S KEEP THIS ROLLIN' !!!!

I'll tell ya what happen. WE at least tried and I'm proud of that fact. The way I look at it, If you don't do anything, nothing will happen, isn't that true? "All of you who did nothing", "NOTHING HAPPEN!" You continued to drive and made lots of money. Right, Who are you kidding. For us here is what did happen in Jacksonville, FL even though we only could find 6 drivers. First Coast News - News on Demand Video -= This came about with only 6 trucks and one commerical van. Think what would have happened if everyone had only tried. :tiphat:

WTF? Did anyone really think this would be short and sweet?
It will be a long war, with many battles!:nono:

I too appreciate what everyone has done...but don't give up,our children and grand childrens future depends on it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread