What campany to go with for Flatbed??

JugHead85

Hello everyone I.am new here and would like some peoples opions on trucking companys for a new driver looking to get in flatbed.I will be going to TD school this month the 19th with a local school. I will be 23 this month the 14th.My parents own a trucking company just small flatbed but me being a new driver the insurance is very pricy for me. So i'am going to go with a company and get a year in.I,am nervous about school but at the same time I can't wait. I was looking into maverick. I live in southeastern ohio outside mariettia.

any opions

thanks
JugHead

why maverick? is there a spot on the app. he should put your name down for the referral bonus? im not trying to be an @ss but he asked a simple question and your reply is pretty much b.s.,

i personally prefer the small, local, mom and pop shops that know your name and care more about you than how much your lining their investors pockets.

Local mom and pop will go out of business in this economy. Apply to Maverick, they are reputable, a decent size, and I do not ask for referrals. Do not question my motives, you've been here for five minutes. I have been here for quite awhile and my motives are clear.

you're right, i forgot we were on the internet where sign up dates and post counts are the true sign of knowledge. but whatever, keep leading everyone to the large cut throat companies, after all you have the internet credibility here not me.

you're right, i forgot we were on the internet where sign up dates and post counts are the true sign of knowledge. but whatever, keep leading everyone to the large cut throat companies, after all you have the internet credibility here not me.

It's been known for a long time on this board and others I do not recruit. And only steer people in the proper direction. Those are your words not mine, but I've never heard bad things about Maverick. And if I didnt have my job with Kelloggs I would probably work for them. Since they get most people home every weekend.

SE Ohio, go to OU in Athens, party like a rock star, if your parents own trucks, what is the problem. I have many and my insurance does not ask about age, unless under 21, also I haul mainly hazmat, my best guy just turned 24 and has been with me for over a year. The oilfield will hire you and pay for CDL, Penn. is big time into needing people now. Sorry I tossed out my news paper, a Penn. company was advertising on Co this week. Talk with BJ Services, Schlumber J, and Halliburton, they all hire brand new CDL holders and pay for CDL if needed.

I used to run into them a lot around the pittsburgh and buffalo areas, they lost a lot of business when LTV steel got bought out by U.S. Steel and when the metal companies in Buffalo all went belly up, it was to much

If your parents own a trucking company that is the way to go. Not sure about the ins thing. I have worked for several small outfits and if they wanted to hire someone they hired them. Had one of my bosses ins co tell him he couldn't hire his nephew cause he had no experience, he told them he would hire whoever he wanted and if they didn't like it he would take his ins business somewhere else. They said no problem hire who you want.

Anyway any small company is usually better than any big company to work for in the way you are treated for sure. Big companies may have better benefits so you really have to find a company that fits YOUR needs because there is no perfect company for everyone. What works for you won't work for somebody else and so on. Good luck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread