What’s your company doing?

Sinister

pari animositate
What “precautions” is your company and/or customers taking.

Tonight Walmart sent out a message that they’ll be taking the temperature of everyone coming and going at the DC gate. They’ve acknowledged it’s going to slow things down and are working on streamlining this.

Isn’t that fantastic.

So, that one hour window either side of your appointment?

You’re gonna need it.

Have your ducks in one bag when you get to the line because it’s going to suck for everyone.

I have a friend whose still at QC because he was able to make a living there and I was not.

He says lots of chemical places are doing this also.

My place is keepin the windows closed on the office. Gotta keep them peons away. Even took the damn tables and chairs outta where the drivers wait for their dispatches, and limit em to 5 people

We’re not supposed to approach the windows either. They have picnic tables in front of the windows and whenever possible they print your stuff out and place it on the tables.

Tonight a guy was leaning all the way over the table into the window.

I offered a bite of my orange peanut butter cracker to my load coordinator but she declined for some reason.

We slip seat. We gotta sanitize the truck at the end of each shift with this cleaning solution that smells like watered down bleach, and fill out sanitation report. But I don’t think everyone is doing it so I hit it with my own Lysol wipes regardless of what’s documented.

We slip seat. We gotta sanitize the truck at the end of each shift with this cleaning solution that smells like watered down bleach, and fill out sanitation report. But I don’t think everyone is doing it so I hit it with my own Lysol wipes regardless of what’s documented.

Yup. They gave us a can of Lysol and wipes for each truck. I do it at the start of each week and again at the end.

Tonight Walmart sent out a message that they’ll be taking the temperature of everyone coming and going at the DC gate. They’ve acknowledged it’s going to slow things down and are working on streamlining this.

Isn’t that fantastic.

You’re gonna need it.

Have your ducks in one bag when you get to the line because it’s going to suck for everyone.
at my place, we are only 4 drivers. 3 of us show up, the 4th guy comes in much later, when the entire c/d center is closed.

we were told that if we feel sick to call in and then stay home.

we were also told to limit our contact with the d/c dock workers, until it is time to get our paperwork, then leave.

after that, like i mentioned in another thread, we guys work alone at each place we go to for our deliveries.

we do not slip seat, and i have been keeping my truck as clean as can be, even wiping down the door handles, trailer door handle and steering wheel. the Penske shop if they come and get our trucks for servicing i wipe things down again.

We very rarely see our office people face to face. We have less than 10 drivers. Some customers are being cautious some aren't. Otherwise....

bQyFxMI_d.jpg

Interesting to note.

We have a contract with a smallish DC making sanitary wipes..

A Very busy place lately as you would expect, they were literally running out of floor space with all the extra boxes of freight being handled.

You would think they would be very strict with their policies with this Covid crises but they are not.

Drivers still are allowed to walk right in, sign their bol's even exchange pens, lol.
Their restrooms are still accessible to all drivers.

There is no questionnaire survey you have to fill out on recent travels.

I was quite surprised myself.

I walked in the building just a couple days ago asked them is it ok if I could still walk over here, (their desk area) they said sure.

While their quality control workers had the PPE's including face mask, the forklift drivers did not.

Isn’t that fantastic.

You’re gonna need it.

Hope I don't get another Walmart load anytime soon......

I did a Post to Grandview last week but they weren't doing all that "yet"

My place is keepin the windows closed on the office. Gotta keep them peons away. Even took the damn tables and chairs outta where the drivers wait for their dispatches, and limit em to 5 people
My place doesn't even want drivers in the main building and sent a message over the Quallcom....

Unless they wanna "Yell" at ya they'll still have ya come in the office..

A little over a week ago I hadda go in about forgetting my Loaded and Empty calls for the 3rd or 4th time now

My place doesn't even want drivers in the main building and sent a message over the Quallcom....

Unless they wanna "Yell" at ya they'll still have ya come in the office..

A little over a week ago I hadda go in about forgetting my Loaded and Empty calls for the 3rd or 4th time now
Was you already preplanned when ya “forgot” them calls?

Isn’t that fantastic.

You’re gonna need it.

This is now the policy for all loads going into Walmart, or is this just company drivers?

Not sure. I’m thinking everyone.

They were setting in up when I left just now.
They had the tables set up outside last week in Nee Braunfels.

And snacks at the Sams portion of the DC at the receiving window.

Interstate Warehouse is implementing a "no contact with drivers" policy. To check in, you call a number they give you, and supply them with your phone number and an email address. They send you a link to a page to fill out your load information, and if delivering, a widget that you use to take pictures of your bills. They give you a dock door, and we're back to the usual. They email you your signed bills back.

Sounds great, huh? No contact with stinkin', diseased drivers!

The product they emailed back to me was muddy to the point of being unreadable. Their response was basically, that ain't our problem.

Which of course, figures. :mad-97:

I had to produce a PDF copy of my bills, and get them to stamp that in order to get something usable. Via email of course.

Better have a scanner app handy guys.

The company I drive for has gone completely overboard... Drivers are locked out of ALL company facilities... Even our shippers and receivers aren't going to that extreme. The 10' x 10' shack out in the parking lot that used to be the guard shack is now the "driver's lounge" (there is actually a sign on it now that says driver's lounge) with no restrooms, no heating or AC or even chairs to sit on. If we need parts or supplies from the shop we call them on the phone and tell them what we need then we wait for a half an hour for them to bring the supplies outside. Then we have to wait for the sacrificial shop employee to back cautiously into the building and lock the door before we are allowed to approach the supplies and retrieve them. If there is more than one driver waiting on supplies it is survival of the fittest. We drivers are not being supplied with any sanitizer, sani-wipes or masks. I feel like a leper at my own employer's facilities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread