What’s on your bucket list ?

Fast Freddy

Been busy these last few years checking things off my bucket list as I’m getting older.

Seen some Amazing places and done some amazing things. But still much to be done.

At the top of my Bucket List is Alaska. I’ve always wanted to see it and especially the Northern Lights and maybe take a plane ride to some of the most remote parts and do some camping. Also want to see the badlands of South Dakota and the coast of Oregon.

What about you what’s on your Bucket list that you’re determined to do before you die. What places in this world do you want to see?

I'll be 50 in a few months. I enjoy getting older and have decided I'm going to live to be 100.

I think about a bucket list from time to time. You know I look around me and I'm happiest puttering around home taking care of my deer and wild life. I'm sure there may be a time I will want to go somewhere and experience some other things. Right now the only way I would consider doing something is if it requires a gun, spear, or fishing rod. Fishing rod would require ice to be involved.

I'll be 50 in a few months. I enjoy getting older and have decided I'm going to live to be 100.

I think about a bucket list from time to time. You know I look around me and I'm happiest puttering around home taking care of my deer and wild life. I'm sure there may be a time I will want to go somewhere and experience some other things. Right now the only way I would consider doing something is if it requires a gun, spear, or fishing rod. Fishing rod would require ice to be involved.
I always wanted to drive to Alaska on a motorcycle as I got older I thought maybe in a camper then I thought maybe a car then I thought maybe we would just fly.Now I’m not sure if I even need to go.lol

Bucket list? I'd like to try living in Mexico. Trucking took all the sight seeing out of me, I suppose. When I talk about living down there with Americans who're already living there, they talk about all the cool things to see down there. And I'm like "great," :unsure:. The last thing I wanna do is go try to hike up some mountain, or walk miles and miles throughout some touristy historic part of any city.
I'm fine with looking at pictures of things.
Although, there is a nice train on the west coast of Mexico that I'd like to take a trip on. It's pretty long. There's one spot on that route where you can see a canyon a lot deeper than the Grand Canyon. Traveling without having to drive is appealing.

I just looked it up, it's called the Copper Canyon train.
1622318290158.png 1622318382939.png
1622318455166.png

Bucket list? I'd like to try living in Mexico. Trucking took all the sight seeing out of me, I suppose. When I talk about living down there with Americans who're already living there, they talk about all the cool things to see down there. And I'm like "great," :unsure:. The last thing I wanna do is go try to hike up some mountain, or walk miles and miles throughout some touristy historic part of any city.
I'm fine with looking at pictures of things.
Although, there is a nice train on the west coast of Mexico that I'd like to take a trip on. It's pretty long. There's one spot on that route where you can see a canyon a lot deeper than the Grand Canyon. Traveling without having to drive is appealing.

I just looked it up, it's called the Copper Canyon train.
View attachment 83603 View attachment 83604
View attachment 83605
Take Amtrak vacations especially from Midwest to Seattle

I think when I retire I want to be like @Fageol. I'll move to Alaska and just sort of ruminate.

Except that Alaska for me will be a remote corner of the desert southwest on an elevated position with good visibility and fields of fire.

Because I've lived in the upper Midwest the better part of three decades and it's damn cold here. And when it's not cold it's buggy. If it's temperate and not buggy its because it's so damn windy you have to walk at a lean.

I don't really have a bucket list per se. Just get the house paid off ASAP so I'm not dragging this mortgage note any longer than necessary.

Debt bothers me.

Once the business is stabilized with enough footing to weather the storms, I'll start paying myself more to make that happen.

I'm still too new to know where I'm at.

I would take up wood working. Maybe build a boat or cabinets. I’ve been watching barn wood builders and have come up with some good ideas.
Do you have woodworking tools? I have a battery powered circular saw and that's it.

I made a post about why I bought it but deleted that because I suddenly remembered Lowe's cut those down for me. I don't actually know why I have it. It's just a little Porter Cable and runtime is too short to be truly useful.

Do you have woodworking tools? I have a battery powered circular saw and that's it.

I made a post about why I bought it but deleted that because I suddenly remembered Lowe's cut those down for me. I don't actually know why I have it. It's just a little Porter Cable and runtime is too short to be truly useful.
I’ve got the same little saw you do. It’s handy if you don’t need to make more than 3 cuts.

I’ve got the same little saw you do. It’s handy if you don’t need to make more than 3 cuts.
That about sums it up. It's convenient for a quick cut then it peters out and you're waiting for batteries to cool down and charge.

Same for their angle grinder. I got one of those for bolt seals until Ryobi came out with an actual battery bolt cutter.

I have two circular saws, a table saw, a Milwaukee Porta-Band, a Harbor Freight "sawzall" 2 regular band saws and a jigsaw. And some hole saws that go in the drill press. And 2 gas chain saws & 4 electric ones.

All I need now is a backhoe. 😎

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread