West Coast Container Congestion.

Part 2. I didn't watch part 1.

Part 2. I didn't watch part 1.

Very interesting indeed! Kinda like a train wreck, you just can't seem to look away.
Like many crisis it is never just one issue, if it was it would be easy to fix.
The issues with no where to store the cans and chassis is much like a sliding puzzle.
1635120963968.jpeg

I wonder if in California you can run an electric chain saw off a gas generator.
No. You have to use an electric generator. Duh.

We purchased a bike trainer off Amazon coming from China about two months ago. I was sure it was on one of those ships parked waiting to unload.

We were just about to order another from the states and cancel the previous for a refund when low and behold it arrived about a week ago.

Amazon is still saying your item is dalayed.
It's not Amazon or the carrier. It's the shipper. I ran into this with a food mixer my mother sent me from Walmart dot com. The third party seller was dragging their feet putting it on delivered status. There's a limited merchandise return window. If they can wait out the return window before placing it on delivered status, you're stuck with it regardless of defects or whether you want it. This mixer was enormous. Way too big for my kitchen. My mom didn't know what she was buying.

I started trying to return it the next business day after I got it. It took a dozen emails, seven phone calls, two trips to the local Walmart store with a 175 pound mixer, three more phone calls, five more emails and almost a month to get her money back. The last email said the carrier is supposed to contact us for pickup. Chinese companies are notoriously difficult to return stuff to. One of their tricks is to not acknowledge delivery until it's too late. The only reason we were able to get this far is Walmart's backing. I will never do business with Joy Buy again. Neither will my mom.

And somehow when it is packaged it is labeled Florida orange juice.
By law, it only has to contain 10% Florida orange juice to be labelled Florida orange juice.

Oh God. Never buy anything off Walmart.com if it's through a third party.

It's almost like Walmart doesn't even bother to check if they're selling through a crappy pawn shop or what.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread