Weight and Calories

Uncle Birchy

I think originally afew years back most got my hairy belly and I couldn't even zipper n hadda fold my pants down.

Then I got off the truck for awhile.

Starting out I ate nothing but Butter, Eggs, and Rice

Also walked every bike trail and Forest Preserve in the country.

My best of all time weigh out at the Plasma Donor Center was 177.5 in 2017 or 2018.

About a year and a half ago I started Driving "Full Time" because I needed the $$$ at the time.

Since then I've "deteriorated" vastly.

Normally I would post pictures but I'm on very thin ice as it stands .

Yes Trucking is a Good Paycheck and "steady"..

I have yet to "calculate" the Years it has taken of my life..

I think originally afew years back most got my hairy belly and I couldn't even zipper n hadda fold my pants down.

Then I got off the truck for awhile.

Starting out I ate nothing but Butter, Eggs, and Rice

Also walked every bike trail and Forest Preserve in the country.

My best of all time weigh out at the Plasma Donor Center was 177.5 in 2017 or 2018.

About a year and a half ago I started Driving "Full Time" because I needed the $$$ at the time.

Since then I've "deteriorated" vastly.

Normally I would post pictures but I'm on very thin ice as it stands .

Yes Trucking is a Good Paycheck and "steady"..

I have yet to "calculate" the Years it has taken of my life..
For starters weird schedules.

At home working a regular job even some overtime and weekend I can "adapt"

My "Sleeping" is all messed up a Doctor told me that.

I cancelled my follow thru because at the time they were getting big on Apena and I needed va signature on my Fed Med Card.

Hadda get a new pair of glasses but 2 year "Pass"

Somehow I've adopted to a Night Schedule but I cannot sleep as well during the daytime.

yes sir,I have a few similar problems

I stay fairly activ but my biggest problem now is smoking
I had my follow up a few months back and they said I was ok
blood sugar and clestroal are ok.I can`t go walking because of a hip pain,artery 80% blocked in my hip

driving the truck helps that

Anyways think I lost the point here.

My "skinniest" I was living off Junkfood , Tar Coffee , and 2 packs per day .

When I started trying to be half "healthy" as we are taught.

Those salads, and protein shakes were not working out

Infact they "Starved" me half 2 Death like I was gonna pass out

At same time also learned about going full blast at The Health & Fitness Center

People be like WOW watch this guy I was like an Animal

What they didn't See is that on my way home I'd stop off the Tollway for Taco Bell

When I got home I'd order a Pizza and gone

This is a battle that far too many truck drivers battle. I guess in this day and age it reaches out further than that, but the lack of (required) movement that on OTR driver has on a daily basis makes it even tougher on us.

I have been trying to slim down and get in better health for a long time now. I will get started, manage a strict diet for a week or two, then it all goes out the window.

I've gotten better this year, but still haven't stayed consistent.

That said, I have managed to drop from 235 to 223. Still more than 60 pounds from my 1st goal of 160. I want to see how I feel at that weight, then decide whether to push further toward 140-150.

I try to eat Keto, but my failure there (I think) is that I would be eating the same foods every day. I have been doing better lately after finding some frozen meals at the grocery store that are low carb and grain free. The meals are Paleo/Whole 30 certified, and actually pretty good. My stumbling block here is that I have to fight through the initial feeling that I am not eating enough. I look at a small meal, and just can't wrap my head around that being enough food. This week, that is my focus.

Another thing I have been doing of late is walking more. I gave up on the initial plan I kept failing at, which was planning to walk x amount of distance at the end of each day. I will still do it if there is time and the location is good, but I am now focusing on short walks throughout the day. Even if the walk is only 10 minutes, or just 5 minutes. A nice fast paced walk, quick stretch, and back in the truck. Unloading or loading? Taking advantage of that time if it is safe to do so and getting in a short walk. Sometimes a pretty long walk.

The new truck has helped. Every morning, the bed goes up, and the lounge comes out. There is no option to lay down at that point when at a shipper or receiver. It has also made it easier to eat a bit healthier, I just haven't fully taken advantage of that yet.

I leave out this morning for what will be a near two week stretch in the truck since I am headed to California, and targeting being back home by next Wednesday. So, actually about 10 days I guess. My goal is to stick to Keto this trip.

I am bringing more frozen meals with me. Only one additional box, but it is a box of sausage, egg, and cheest sandwiches for breakfast. Grain free, cauliflower bread type thing that is very low carb. Those and four actual meals for dinner. Cooked plenty of meat, got a couple containers of baby spinach to eat with my tuna or sardines, and I have added collagen back into my morning coffee (which is where I get the bulk of my fat for the day)

Bringing along protein shakes as well this time, as I have been finding myself buying the muscle milk quite a bit in the stores. Bringing something a little lower in carbs, and much much cheaper than buying individually at the truck stops.

One thing that helps me is not having any sort of food in unlimited supply within reach of the drivers seat. One of the worse things for me is to get bored driving, and start eating whatever is within reach.

I think getting past the barrier of eating small portions is the final wall I have to get over.

This is a battle that far too many truck drivers battle. I guess in this day and age it reaches out further than that, but the lack of (required) movement that on OTR driver has on a daily basis makes it even tougher on us.

I have been trying to slim down and get in better health for a long time now. I will get started, manage a strict diet for a week or two, then it all goes out the window.

I've gotten better this year, but still haven't stayed consistent.

That said, I have managed to drop from 235 to 223. Still more than 60 pounds from my 1st goal of 160. I want to see how I feel at that weight, then decide whether to push further toward 140-150.

I try to eat Keto, but my failure there (I think) is that I would be eating the same foods every day. I have been doing better lately after finding some frozen meals at the grocery store that are low carb and grain free. The meals are Paleo/Whole 30 certified, and actually pretty good. My stumbling block here is that I have to fight through the initial feeling that I am not eating enough. I look at a small meal, and just can't wrap my head around that being enough food. This week, that is my focus.

Another thing I have been doing of late is walking more. I gave up on the initial plan I kept failing at, which was planning to walk x amount of distance at the end of each day. I will still do it if there is time and the location is good, but I am now focusing on short walks throughout the day. Even if the walk is only 10 minutes, or just 5 minutes. A nice fast paced walk, quick stretch, and back in the truck. Unloading or loading? Taking advantage of that time if it is safe to do so and getting in a short walk. Sometimes a pretty long walk.

The new truck has helped. Every morning, the bed goes up, and the lounge comes out. There is no option to lay down at that point when at a shipper or receiver. It has also made it easier to eat a bit healthier, I just haven't fully taken advantage of that yet.

I leave out this morning for what will be a near two week stretch in the truck since I am headed to California, and targeting being back home by next Wednesday. So, actually about 10 days I guess. My goal is to stick to Keto this trip.

I am bringing more frozen meals with me. Only one additional box, but it is a box of sausage, egg, and cheest sandwiches for breakfast. Grain free, cauliflower bread type thing that is very low carb. Those and four actual meals for dinner. Cooked plenty of meat, got a couple containers of baby spinach to eat with my tuna or sardines, and I have added collagen back into my morning coffee (which is where I get the bulk of my fat for the day)

Bringing along protein shakes as well this time, as I have been finding myself buying the muscle milk quite a bit in the stores. Bringing something a little lower in carbs, and much much cheaper than buying individually at the truck stops.

One thing that helps me is not having any sort of food in unlimited supply within reach of the drivers seat. One of the worse things for me is to get bored driving, and start eating whatever is within reach.

I think getting past the barrier of eating small portions is the final wall I have to get over.
I started doing Atkins/keto the second week in January dropped 27 lbs so far. Good luck

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread