We Really Do Care

George Carlin has a great bit on how people destroy language with political correctness, and how "Shell Shock" as it was called in WWI evolved to PTSD..which I'm too lazy to type right now, and blames that for the lack of mental care veterans need and deserve after combat.

It is a tough thing to deal with, I refused to take the prescription drugs I did not need anything else messing with my brain. I don't even know if they would work any way. The only thing that would work is erasing the memories that we relive and that can't happen so it is just something we have to deal with, they say time helps, it doesn't, believe me.

I don't exactly know what you're going thru but I can relate when u say a tough thing to go thru from a family members point of view.My mom has bi polar and very hard to cope with at her age of 76.We take it day by day.
It is a tough thing to deal with, I refused to take the prescription drugs I did not need anything else messing with my brain. I don't even know if they would work any way. The only thing that would work is erasing the memories that we relive and that can't happen so it is just something we have to deal with, they say time helps, it doesn't, believe me.

I don't exactly know what you're going thru but I can relate when u say a tough thing to go thru from a family members point of view.My mom has bi polar and very hard to cope with at her age of 76.We take it day by day.

Not trying to one up you but my ex developed that, all I can say is WOW, talk about DR. Jekyll and MRS. Hyde. She could go through five different emotions in just a few minutes, I used to dread coming home sometimes 'cause there was really nothing I could do to help her. Feeling powerless to help a loved one is not a nice feeling.

Isn't that the truth though.At moms tender age of 76 is nothing like your ex.She has mood swings but they're controllable and minutes later she forgets what she said and she sleeps alot.We learned to ignore her.Shes had shock treatments and they did'nt help.Dad cut her med way down going against the doctors orders and that seems to be helping.
Not trying to one up you but my ex developed that, all I can say is WOW, talk about DR. Jekyll and MRS. Hyde. She could go through five different emotions in just a few minutes, I used to dread coming home sometimes 'cause there was really nothing I could do to help her. Feeling powerless to help a loved one is not a nice feeling.

about two months ago i got a text message at 2am in the morning from an old friend i had not seen in awhile. ..... I will be haunted by this for the rest of my days. thanks for listening guys and may gods speed be with you all!

Sorry for your loss. It is hard to accept and live with, that's for sure. It's hard to seperate the sorrow from the guilt. I am not sure your friend would want you to suffer this way for the choice he has made. He had the choice to say, "Call me." Remember him with happy memories.

Sorry for your loss. It is hard to accept and live with, that's for sure. It's hard to seperate the sorrow from the guilt. I am not sure your friend would want you to suffer this way for the choice he has made. He had the choice to say, "Call me." Remember him with happy memories.

thanks for the kind words flatlander. yes, i understand it is selfish of someone to commit an act like this that effects the people who care. but i cant help but think about the depression and helplesness someone with a troubled mind must have been going thru in those final minutes of his life. the happy memories do keep me smiling however! thanks again.

Shell shock, very difficult. A great friend of mine, Viet Nam Vet, Airborne Ranger, When the C and C went down. They sent him to get our boys back home safely. I remember him saying, Every damn time we went out there to get them back, There was always a party there waiting for us. He wakes up in the morning, fills the sink up with cold water, puts a bunch of ice cubes in it, and sticks his head in the sink. Just way to freaking hard to deal with life, and did seek help from the VA. But still cant deal with life !! Even after all these years. Still freakin hurts, he says. I talk to him daily, dont know what will happen day to day. I had many friends Pass, since they came back home. Sometimes wish memories can be erased.

I wish the government would take care of the veterans when they get back from their tours of duty. We were told all our lives not to kill other ppl. Then you go into the military and are told kill those ppl. That in itself is tough enough. Then you see good friends blown away, and suffer torture, and come home, and are treated like dirt. Just doesn't make sense.

I have to admit, I love my job. But I hate when I have to sit forever to wait for things to happen. Right now, Im waiting for people to cut the crates off my load, and I've been told it may be a few days before we can leave. We have stinger attachments on the back of our trailers that have to be detached, and loaded up. Plus, we're working with another company whose pulling our trailer, and has to be in texas again, so I might have to wait on that so I can deck his trailer.

I love heavy haul, and wind energy, but I hate the waits. I can't do anything but think of my boy who when talking on the phone only says the same thing he said when I worked for ATS. "Come home!" and "Love you, Daddy."

I hate the waits. Hate the waiting.

Oh, that's all you get. I'm back to being a shithead moderator now.

LOL@your last sentence.Can you take your son on trips with u?????/?I see that alot out here drivers have their kids with them and alot of kids seem to love it.How old is your son?????????
I have to admit, I love my job. But I hate when I have to sit forever to wait for things to happen. Right now, Im waiting for people to cut the crates off my load, and I've been told it may be a few days before we can leave. We have stinger attachments on the back of our trailers that have to be detached, and loaded up. Plus, we're working with another company whose pulling our trailer, and has to be in texas again, so I might have to wait on that so I can deck his trailer.

I love heavy haul, and wind energy, but I hate the waits. I can't do anything but think of my boy who when talking on the phone only says the same thing he said when I worked for ATS. "Come home!" and "Love you, Daddy."

That would be difficult to hear when he talks to you on the phone. Isn't it wonderful to be loved and missed!

That would be difficult to hear when he talks to you on the phone. Isn't it wonderful to be loved and missed!

That's why I love my dog so much. All the tail waq without any words that hurt my heart. I love my dogs so much that my wife said that when she dies whe wants to come back as one of my dogs.

When I start drivin' I have got to find a hauler that allows riders and pets.

That's why I love my dog so much. All the tail waq without any words that hurt my heart. I love my dogs so much that my wife said that when she dies whe wants to come back as one of my dogs.

Yesterday evening when I was standing by my bus at the Golden Corral a reefer truck came into the parking lot. It was a husband/wife (or gf/bf) and they had their 2 little dogs with them. It was a tight parking lot and I was impressed with the drivers maneuvers. Once parked they had the lil pups running around on the lot so they could get exercise. (there was a grassy area at the back of the lot out of the way of all the cars.) Those were some well-loved dogs.

I feel the same way about tiny,that's my dog.Many companies do allow pets and if u don't see it on their website,ask the recruiter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread