I’d rather turn it back
We just can’t do that
Can you bring that rate down?
We run these at a certain rate all day
Why you charge so much?
How do you justify what you make?
We helping the truckers get back home
we're a back haul company

All these say one thing, the shipper and /or the broker deserves to make an abundant profit, we expect to do that on your tender mercies and limited means not ours, we expect you to make less than you deserve or need so we can swim in all the money we are making off of you. You don’t need all that money, what are you gona do with it. Never mind that this office makes 300, 400 in many cases 500-700 even a 1000.00 dollars on some loads, this is a credibility issue here, I don’t want my shippers or other members in the office to know I didn’t keep my numbers up, keep their numbers up is code talk for “make the most money on the cheapest rate to the shipper”
It’s nothing for an office to make 17,000 dollars a day and at the end of the day they’re still talking about “oh I’d be losing on the load if I booked it for that much”.

When do we realize it all a bunch of bull and do something about it? Tell them, what’s in the load is irrelevant, it doesn’t change my rate. That you are going to take a loss, if I reduce my rate I’ll take a loss too, so do you want to pass your loss to me because you didn’t book the load for enough? All their argument fall on the fact you set the rate, not the shipper or the broker. You don’t have to argue with them, I never argue with them, I know so well why I need to make “if “ I have time I’ll explain a little to them, Yes I can be accommodating and sometimes on a slow day I need too, sometimes I pull back some but I try not to all the time. If I pull back 100.00 dollars on every load all month for about ten loads I just gave up the chance to pay for my son’s college or my daughters wedding or just having enough to take them to a movie or put a 100 dollars in my mom’s hand to surprise her and make her happy. Truckers have all the reasons in the whole wide world to hold their rate. How did we get to where we are? How? How?

Truckers operate usually out of fear and impatience, have you not read "let patience have its perfect work" If you you have faith, prove it by standing up for what's right for you and your family, you deserve it, you do the work, you own the equipment, you go out there and lay it all on the line, you deserve to make a good living and to never have money issues, you work hard and make a tramendous contribution to society. you have to start believing you can get your rate, if you can't believe in yourself that's alright you should believe in someone higher than yourself anyway, and if you profess Christ how dare you settle for less than what the Lord has for you, that's like refusing to go into Canaan Land because the giants are there. Ridiculous!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread