Wanting your opinion!!

rooster

Bass ackwards driver
My nephew called me this morning,He's telling me that his cdl is suspended cause the "company"forgot to send in an updated copy of his physical.I explained to him that you can't depend on no one to do that for you and you need to check or send in a copy for yourself.I know that Indiana gives you 1 yr. over experation to get it renewed,but he never paided attention to the dates and now he's mad at me for agreeing with the state it's his problem to keep his papers current.Am I wrong for not wanting to make him feel innocent?:dunno:

My nephew called me this morning,He's telling me that his cdl is suspended cause the "company"forgot to send in an updated copy of his physical.I explained to him that you can't depend on no one to do that for you and you need to check or send in a copy for yourself.I know that Indiana gives you 1 yr. over experation to get it renewed,but he never paided attention to the dates and now he's mad at me for agreeing with the state it's his problem to keep his papers current.Am I wrong for not wanting to make him feel innocent?:dunno:

its ALWAYS THE DRIVER'S RESPONSIBILITY, to make sure his/her license is up to date, his/her DOT medical is up to date..............EVEN paid parking tickets the company MIGHT pay, (but forget), etc,etc.

IT ALL COMES DOWN TO THE "PROFESSIONAL DRIVER" TO DO HIS/HER JOB.......!!!

now, HE NEEDS TO DO WHATEVER IT TAKES, to get re-instated.........

nuff said, from this 20 year vet................

P.S.

many companies MAY or MIGHT remind you of what NEEDS to get done, but that's about all they will do.................

I tried to get him on the phone today so I could find out what he's going to do about it,but I'm the enemy now!! Oh well,one day he'll have to grow up and become an adult! He always dreamed of being a driver,but I don't think he realized you had to work at it to keep your dreams. Thanks for your opinion.

I tried to get him on the phone today so I could find out what he's going to do about it,but I'm the enemy now!! Oh well,one day he'll have to grow up and become an adult! He always dreamed of being a driver,but I don't think he realized you had to work at it to keep your dreams. Thanks for your opinion.

if he wants to SURVIVE as a truck driver, he had darned well better grow up fast...........

trucking isn't an easy life, nor it is an easy lifestyle.

the sooner he realizes his responsibilities, the better off you (and he) will be.

invite him to come here and read this thread, or, copy it and mail it to him.......

a true tale:

i KNOW of a former driver, who got a speeding ticket.
he was mad as all heck.............
why was he mad, because he got the ticket you think.....??
no, he was mad because he THOUGHT the trucking company should pay for it, since he was driving THIER TRUCK....... and it was his first ticket ever....!!

i'm glad he ain't driving no more. i am friends with his father, this is how i came to know him. i see him often, but he's out of work, and on permanent disability..............

your relation should be aware that once he got that CDL, he signed onto a profession that requires responsibility. if he can't handle it, then tell him (or copy this and show him), i said to go and get a job flipping hamburgers.

nuff said about him and his lack of responsibility..............

I talked to his wife,who thinks as much as he complains about the life anyway,I have her talking him into taking a construction job.I feel if he's that irresponsible about his license,then how irresponsible is he driving? I have a feeling he's one of those who eats a sandwhich,drinking a soda,reading the map,typing on the qualcomm,sight seeing,and talking on the cel all at once,anyway! I don't know cause I've never ridden with him before,but I value my life and I've heard hia family and friends complain how he shows off,he's only 28 so he's got some growing to do,so he come around one day. I gotta go,cause if the wheels ain't turning,I ain't earning!!!!

I talked to his wife,who thinks as much as he complains about the life anyway,I have her talking him into taking a construction job.I feel if he's that irresponsible about his license,then how irresponsible is he driving?
then he doesn't need to be driving, he's going to complain his whole life, heck, he probably complains about being married.

I have a feeling he's one of those who eats a sandwhich,drinking a soda,reading the map,typing on the qualcomm,sight seeing,and talking on the cel all at once,anyway!
oh, you mean like me and a few hundred or so others.....!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I don't know cause I've never ridden with him before,but I value my life and I've heard hia family and friends complain how he shows off,he's only 28 so he's got some growing to do,so he come around one day.
showing off will get someone ELSE hurt or killed, he WILL survive...........
we call this type of driver a "cowboy"..........

I gotta go,cause if the wheels ain't turning,I ain't earning!!!!
well, i don't "gotta go" no place..........maybe i do.......:beep:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread