Wally World Wanderings - and still the only 20 thread you need to read.

Its hard not to feel a kinship with the pioneers who so fearlessly drove westward chasing out vermin Buffalo and prairie squatters along the way.

Where many chose to stay in the east because they'd heard about the roving bands of savages and prairie squatters and feared they might step in Buffalo poop, these people saw opportunities in the vast, sometimes desolate expanse that few others could even dream of.

Evidence of that entrepreneurial spirit and desire for innovation can be found in the fact that 1543 Spearfish, SD has not a Subway, but instead a "Famous Wok". It seems like it's a Chinese place similar to a Panda Express.

What can I say? Some people get ideas in times of busy chaos, and others when there is nothing at all to look at.

20210905_120957.jpg

Last edited:
Its hard not to feel a kinship with the pioneers whi so fearlessly drive westward chasing out vermin Buffalo and prairie squatters along the way.

Where many chose to stay in the east because they'd heard about the roving bands of savages and prairie squatters and feared they might step in Buffalo poop, these people saw opportunities in the vast, sometimes desolate expanse that few others could even dream of.

Evidence of that entrepreneurial spirit and desire for innovation can be found in the fact that 1543 Spearfish, SD has not a Subway, but instead a "Famous Wok". It seems like it's a Chinese place similar to a Panda Express.

What can I say? Some people get ideas in times of busy chaos, and others when there is nothing at all to look at.

View attachment 85248
Pretty country.

Its hard not to feel a kinship with the pioneers who so fearlessly drove westward chasing out vermin Buffalo and prairie squatters along the way.

View attachment 85248
Damn that's some Trucking Poetry for "Real"

What? Write?

Yeah I know. It's a sad state of affairs.
He really is a good writer though. Not everyone can do that.

Over The Road "Poetry" from My Heart..

"
Okay back to Truckstop Trash Barrels..

Some of us are actually "Civilized" Human Beings Actually bag up or trash and throw our pee jugs into a trash can instead of allover the parking lot..

Some Truckstops don't care about all the Trash blowing around the parking lot..

Some are $$$-Park but that's a Dope Stop or Hooker place..

Stay away young man...

Now from a Buisness "Perspective" places like Loves, TA/Petro, FlyJ Pee-Lot" should have enough Maintenance Staff to empty the Trashcans..

Otherwise if they don't CARE about their Property then why should I..

Cripes some of these joints ya could PASS OUT just from "cooking" the PEE"STANK off the Blacktop"

Trucking Company "Orientation" Class..

Nope not that "kind" of orientation..

In trucking "By Law" every New-Hire must take a PEE-Test first thingy we load the van up at Concentra Labs in the Parking Lot before they even open up..

When we get back watch "Safety Videos, sign like 50)100 documents before "Lunch-Time"..

After Lunch finish the days video and the Shuttle take ya guys back to the Motel 6 or sometimes Super-8 or Days Inn and the Home & Suites Deal eh I got a Mini Kitchen and that's a "Decent" Carrier..

Next Day still waiting on Pee Tests and Labwork..

Let's go by the shop yard give afew guy in the waiting room $50/$100 bucks and Free Lunch..

Why they'll tell ya how they been "here" since the Cabover way back in 1980 something making 23 cents per mile..

And oh gosh this Company gets the BEST LOADS ..

Okay enough of that Crap..

Day 3..

Lab finished the PEE TEST..

Afew are gonna "flake-off" at this stage..

Eh even if ya guys got drunk at Days Inn and slipped busted your face on the Window A)C unit..

Too bad buddy boy..

It's "Road-Test" Day..

Basically ya gonna do a "Day-Haul" with a Supervisor or "Trusted" Employee..

Welp basically can ya SHIFT...

But today so many trucks are Auto Shit like a car..

Back in the day ya always used clutch never ever float gears on a Road Test because if ya don't use the Clutch "legally" ya ain't got Control of the Truck

Yeah I know...

Also know I could throw it all away and day Go Back to Prison or live in State Hospitals on an "extended" Detox program..

They could even get ya qualified for Disability but they take the check off the top give ya like $50 back your $pending Money..

Alotta really got nowhere else 2 go and if not for that they'd be Sleeping under a Freeway Overpass..

I atleast got "Truck" a "legitimate" living..

Who gotta rott the rest their days in that Cesspool

Not just write but write gooder.
When I get something independently published instead of self-published amazon bullshit you people will not be able to deal with my ego. However, do NOT disregard self published material. "Elements of Style" was actually self published. True story.

The problem is getting other people to like my stuff. I got ONE GUY I have to impress. And I think this next one is going to do it.

Which also reminds me, I think I'm supposed to move some of my front page stuff to the regular forum. @Mike said something about that. Because it's so awesome writing things that get wiped out at a whim or need to be moved every 20 minutes.

If I had to guess I'd say 50,000 words in articles over the years. Most of them sucked.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread