Volvo’s New River truck plant in Virginia

I'm not that old. Cars were already invented by the time I was born. They even had air conditioning, power steering and 8 track players.

Maybe @GAnthony remembers though. He was in his 30's when the Titanic sank.
34 to be exact, dickhead.....

I d
I don't think Musk thought so. He's a con man. He just lies to get investors and pays himself a huge salary.

I think this is probably one of the most ignorant things I've since yesterday when Birch was posting.

I think this is probably one of the most ignorant things I've since yesterday when Birch was posting.
Thanks! I'm really not sure what the hell happened there. If you ignore the first part that looks like I had a seizure it makes sense.

Got any performance specs we can laugh at? The article doesn't mention any.

That's gotta be weird driving a totally quiet truck though. No gears to go through, I bet it actually keeps up with traffic when the light turns green. At least until the battery is dead.
i bet the batteries are lithium!!! now is there enough lithium in the earth to support all of these go carts :confused-96: ???
the second thing is. that our electric grid is crap. imagine what's gonna happen when we start plugging all of these go carts in:confused-96:

Got any performance specs we can laugh at? The article doesn't mention any.

That's gotta be weird driving a totally quiet truck though. No gears to go through, I bet it actually keeps up with traffic when the light turns green. At least until the battery is dead.
you'll be a super trucker for 10 seconds maybe 20 :D:rolllaugh2:

They paint them like that so if they have to drive it in the open no one can get pictures of the body lines. So other manufacturers can’t steal their aerodynamics.
Yup! I used to see cars going from the assembly plant to the test track in this weird black and white pattern in Detroit. I used to read a lot of car magazines when I was young and learned they would use this pattern so, like you said, photos would not capture the image properly

Like those ships they had in WW2 that were designed to confuse the enemy so they couldn't accurately guess its range and heading.
Depended on the theater, type of ship and the phase of the war. It was a British innovation, and the ship below is more representative of US use...

USS_Antietam_(CV-36)_off_Philadephia_Navy_Yard_1945.jpeg

Our use was designed to confuse optical tracking required to accurately target naval gunfire or torpedo attacks. That's the Antietam in "measure 32" camo from mid war. Below is Alabama from late in the war in "measure 12" camo.

USS_Alabama_(BB-60).jpg

And a different variety, "amphibious green measure 31" for the landing craft LSM-152, below...

USS_LSM-152_underway_off_Charleston_Navy_Yard_in_1944.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread