Vaping like a skinny jeans wearing, man bun sporting, beard having, murse carrying hipster tool.

Again, you clearly didn't read my post all the way through. Betting you're not a smoker either. Enjoy your day, this is clearly not going to be a conversation. Takes two people to listen for that to happen, and your ears are blocked because your mind is already made up. Fare the well.
I read your little rant... the only ignorant thing you've posted yet is the part where you ran out and spent around a hundred dollars because you need to secure your supply of vape products because of your panic due to being hopelessly addicted.

And all they're doing is yakking about it.

The rest of it is just stupid rationalization over the need to draw children into your circle of addiction.

I read your little rant... the only ignorant thing you've posted yet is the part where you ran out and spent around a hundred dollars because you need to secure your supply of vape products because of your panic due to being hopelessly addicted.

And all they're doing is yakking about it.
I'm not addicted to vaping. I just started. Yes, it works. And absolutely yes, I want a flavor other than tobacco. It helps, man. They aren't "yakking". Two states already banned everything. So hell yes I want to make sure that the only thing that has ever worked for me will break this 30 year habit. Don't really give a crap if you don't get it. You clearly have never had a smoking addiction, and that's fantastic. Wish I never did. But you don't have the right, not even a little, to judge me on how I quit.

I'm not addicted to vaping. I just started. Yes, it works. And absolutely yes, I want a flavor other than tobacco. It helps, man. They aren't "yakking". Two states already banned everything. So hell yes I want to make sure that the only thing that has ever worked for me will break this 30 year habit. Don't really give a crap if you don't get it. You clearly have never had a smoking addiction, and that's fantastic. Wish I never did. But you don't have the right, not even a little, to judge me on how I quit.
You don't get it. JUUL, et al, lose if you quit. They're a for-profit profit business,and if you quit, they lose money. Their only goal is to get you to switch to their nicotine delivery system, and products - and to continue to hand them money. Meanwhile, they've violated the law by not establishing through testing that their product is safe.

There are 600 people hospitalized with a lung infection, and 6 have died. That's only since they made a connection to vaping, there's no telling how many more are sick because of this, who haven't been connected to it.

Are you not at least somewhat concerned for your own health?

I don’t care about the dangers of vaping as it pertains to adults. Their decision.

Do I think vaping is a smart decision? Not at all. No way this inhaling vapor into your body can be a good idea. I imagine we have just barely touched on the long term health problems this will cause. Time will tell.

Do I think this stuff is being targeted to kids? There is no doubt it is being targeted to them. There is no doubt that it has become a major problem with kids as well, far worse than smoking was when I was a kid.

Our middle daughter started high school this year, but this crap was pushed at her heavily throughout middle school. Kids get ahold of this easily, and they like it due to all of the child targeting flavors.

Unlike smoking, this is extremely easy to hide from parents. I’m a strict parent and our oldest had one in the house that I never knew about for who knows how long.

Smoking targeted a small group of kids, the vaping target encompasses a large percentage of school kids because of what it is. It’s a gadget. I’m reading you guys posting about upgrades and hacking, and all the different cool types and designs like it is an obsession.

It generates this massive amount of vapor, which for some odd reason people think looks cool, and kids are all over anything that will get them noticed. Apparently, many adults are as well.

Child targeting and access IS a problem with this stuff.

I think the flavors thing is a BS argument or every high school kid would have a fruity flavor of dip in their back pocket. I didn’t start smoking flavored cigarettes at 12 I had Marlboro reds. I did it because it made you seem dangerous or a rebel and the risk of getting caught made it exciting. NASCAR being sponsored by Winston didn’t make me smoke either.

However you ever see YouTube videos of people using juul in an ad like manner. They all young carefree, and attractive. So advertising does its job again.

Bubblegum and cherry sugar bomb vape juice I really don't think are adult choices. This so called innocuous industry is targeting children with something that is required by law to establish the inherent safety of before being placed on the market.

That obviously hasn't happened.

This product was originally marketed as a something to help gat adults to quit smoking. I could personally care less about whether you mess up your health with this junk. These companies, JUUL in particular are going after kids, and apparently are getting them addicted to nicotine with these things - in a big way.

Their apparent concern for your health, has morphed into total disregard for the health of children they get hooked because of the money they can make off it. In a big way.

Are heroin dealers any better?

You have to be 18 inmost states, 21 in a few to buy the crap.

More laws and bannings aren’t going to help anything.

Certainly not re-elections...

It is definitely my intention to use this device to quit, and it is extremely helpful in that regard. I'm not switching one habit for another. I'm trying to be done, and nothing else has worked this effectively. As far as the flavors not being for adults, not sure what to tell you to satisfy your opinion. The frosted sugar cookie in mine is pretty dam good, and I'll apologize to absolutely noone for enjoying it.
So if you're trying to quit, why choose a sweet sugary diabetes flavor you like? I'd choose something gross like "roofing tar" or "pineapple pizza".
The only "ban" proposed is to remove sweet flavored vape juice that should only appeal to minor children from the market.

Is that what's got your panties in a twist?
That's the same line of bullshit as "we're not going to take your guns, we're just going to ban this type, then that type, then this type, then that type, then blah blah blah" and you know it. Do you believe your own lies or are you just trolling? 🙄

So if you're trying to quit, why choose a sweet sugary diabetes flavor you like? I'd choose something gross like "roofing tar" or "pineapple pizza".
That's the same line of bullshit as "we're not going to take your guns, we're just going to ban this type, then that type, then this type, then that type, then blah blah blah" and you know it. Do you believe your own lies or are you just trolling? 🙄

Because quitting an addictive substance is unpleasant enough.

Why choose a flavor like “Floor Of Taxi Cab”?

Cigarettes taste horrible universally.

Because quitting an addictive substance is unpleasant enough.

Why choose a flavor like “Floor Of Taxi Cab”?

Cigarettes taste horrible universally.
Use the diabetes flavor while making the transition from cigarettes.

Then use the "Rosie O'Donnell's stripper pole" flavored stuff when you're trying to stop vaping.

I didn't bother with a douche flute when I quit smoking though. I just stopped smoking and started chewing Walmart generic Nicorette gum instead. Then 3 months later I switched from that to Mentos spearmint gum. I haven't had a cigarette in approximately two years now, and I haven't had any nicotine in I guess 21 months.

Last edited:
It’s not always a “quit smoking” thing. There’s a lot more to it if one chooses to get involved in building and such.

Besides, if we know it’s an effective tool for quitting smoking, what good to bans do again?

The stuff the teenagers are getting a hold of is being sold to them illegally. There are already laws in place which are obviously ineffective.

The stuff the teenagers are getting a hold of is being sold to them illegally. There are already laws in place which are obviously ineffective.
It's unregulated, so you could be getting anything including roofing tar. Then, it's heated to an aerosol, and cooled - which means whatever is in that stuff has the opportunity to recombine into a different chemical before it gets deposited in your lungs.

Just because a corporation with a legal face is selling it doesn't mean its safe. A legal corporation made billions off of OxyContin, got people hooked, and that resulted in the Opiod Crises and tens of thousands of deaths. So this is supposed to be safe because JUUL Inc is making money off it, and they *claim* its safe?

It's unregulated, so you could be getting anything including roofing tar. Then, it's heated to an aerosol, and cooled - which means whatever is in that stuff has the opportunity to recombine into a different chemical before it gets deposited in your lungs.

Just because a corporation with a legal face is selling it doesn't mean its safe. A legal corporation made billions off of OxyContin, got people hooked, and that resulted in the Opiod Crises and tens of thousands of deaths. So this is supposed to be safe because JUUL Inc is making money off it, and they *claim* its safe?

Who claims its 100% safe?

There are reputable labs, and black market ones. The reputable ones are not the problem.

Teenagers getting JUUL is.

Teenagers.

For whom there are already laws in place for purchasing.

Who claims its 100% safe?

There are reputable labs, and black market ones. The reputable ones are not the problem.

Teenagers getting JUUL is.

Teenagers.

For whom there are already laws in place for purchasing.

Well those laws don't work so let's make more.

Let's ban any vape that holds more than one hit. Let's ban batteries that last for more than one hit, and put a 500% tax on the vape juice. Let's have a 90 year waiting period, close the vape show loophole, end private sales of vape rigs, and make everybody register them so we know where to send the NKVD.

HOW MANY MORE CHILDREN ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DIE BEFORE ADULTS STOP VAPING?

Think-of-the-Children.jpg

Well those laws don't work so let's make more.

Let's ban any vape that holds more than one hit. Let's ban batteries that last for more than one hit, and put a 500% tax on the vape juice. Let's have a 90 year waiting period, close the vape show loophole, end private sales of vape rigs, and make everybody register them so we know where to send the NKVD.

HOW MANY MORE CHILDREN ARE GOING TO HAVE TO DIE BEFORE ADULTS STOP VAPING?

View attachment 52107

Exactly.

Restrictions on cigarettes have decrease both overall cancer rates and deaths due to smoking. It used to be much worse, but you weren't around to see it.
Of course you’d say some stupid shit like that. What made people quit smoking was not being able to smoke everywhere and made them over $5 a pack. That’s why I quit smoking. The price is why a **** ton of people quit had nothing to do with restrictions on advertising or flavors.

I happen to think humans get hooked on some type of monkey known as addiction. It all about a fast turn over $$$. This is only part of a list......tobacco, vaping, booz, shopping, tv, videos, games. Hunting, fishing, sports, night clubbing, ****, foods....lol......lazness.....work....mall surfing......gossip, fake news, heck fire list just goes on and on. Even lot lizards are hooked on money and sex. So it just a matter of picking out what you choose to support.

Well those laws don't work so let's make more
Speaking of things that don't work so let's make more.

Is not Vaping just another cessation tool for the other tools that don't work.

So you get a cold or have a bad headache.

We run to he pharmacy for the latest greatest remedy to relieve us.

Soon the affectiveness of that remedy subsides and so we look for something
else.

Just like I think they should not look to always make new laws, I think it's also dangerous to always look to create unproven new ways or alternatives to quitting smoking.

But hats off to those who are struggling to get off cigarettes, I do hope Vaping, the patch, gums, medicines or whatever do help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread