US executive order to re-define Section 230 of the CDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a couple of problems with trump's executive order. First, there are 1st Amendment overtones in all of this. The government can't just use the heavy hand of censorship against media outlets without running afoul of it. As much as trump may not like what a private media outlet does, he doesn't get to shut them down, or regulate them by fiat. Yes, electronic social media isn't what the Framer's had in mind, but so much of modern life was unforseen by those in the 18th century that the courts will adapt the Constitution to fit.

The second problem is "Section 230" is part of a law passed by Congress. trump thinks that he can unilaterally change the meaning of laws passed by Congress. He can't. Article 2 which governs the powers of the executive only gives him the power to execute the laws that Congress passes. It doesn't give him the power to rework them to his liking.

This will be going to the courts long before it has any effect on Twitter, FB, or @Mike's Ye Olde Forum.

There's a couple of problems with trump's executive order. First, there are 1st Amendment overtones in all of this. The government can't just use the heavy hand of censorship against media outlets without running afoul of it. As much as trump may not like what a private media outlet does, he doesn't get to shut them down, or regulate them by fiat. Yes, electronic social media isn't what the Framer's had in mind, but so much of modern life was unforseen by those in the 18th century that the courts will adapt the Constitution to fit.

The second problem is "Section 230" is part of a law passed by Congress. trump thinks that he can unilaterally change the meaning of laws passed by Congress. He can't. Article 2 which governs the powers of the executive only gives him the power to execute the laws that Congress passes. It doesn't give him the power to rework them to his liking.

This will be going to the courts long before it has any effect on Twitter, FB, or @Mike's Ye Olde Forum.
Today they issued a warning for inviting violence over his Looting and Shooting Tweet..

Next a Suspension and eventually BAN-HAMMER..

Bet ya thatd unleash a Trump "Tirade" like never before

Today they issued a warning for inviting violence over his Looting and Shooting Tweet..

They won't ban him.

They also posted tags on some Chinese government tweets today, so it appears the new policy just doesn't apply to trump.

At that point he should just shut Twitter down completely. Call it "war powers", I don't care.
Twitter definitely becomes a non essential service the instant they ban the president.

I’m not missing the point. I understand Twitter is taking a political stance. I also understand Trump is a master showman. Trump is responding because Twitter called him on his post. Why? Because they don’t like him. Why is he responding? Because he’s an ego maniac who doesn’t like to be questioned. So really who is at fault?
hell trumps a twitter *****

after they get the ban hammer they will more than likely obtain a new IP addy. but that might not work since they more than likely ban by the mac address. or another is to get a vpn and make another e-mail addy and make a sock puppet profile

At that point he should just shut Twitter down completely. Call it "war powers", I don't care.
Twitter definitely becomes a non essential service the instant they ban the president.
it would not bother me if they shut twitter down there platform suck and is a Pain in the ass to use. just leave to rest of them alone

So what happens to youtube and there silencing as well as google and removing conservative content?
I dunno the few videos I ever "YouTubed" were more like "Ametuer" Hour and don't recall I ever made a "Political" Point..

Most were I hadda few and Free "Entertainment"

I dunno the few videos I ever "YouTubed" were more like "Ametuer" Hour and don't recall I ever made a "Political" Point..

Most were I hadda few and Free "Entertainment"

Theres a LOT of political channels on YouTube of all different types.

Who the hell is talking about you??
You "quoted" me pal ..

Who the hell is talking about you??
How about "you" and anyoneelse here.

Used to be Folks could almost "Agree" to "Dis-Agree"..

That was "Simpler" times there @Sinister and not exactly sure how "WE" ever bring that back

So because you don’t like Trump this a constitutional problem but govenors violating multiple amendments over a virus is ok? Got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread