• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

UPS Freight Truckload

Driver1

I am new to the Forum and this is my first post. I have a job opportunity driving for UPS Freights Truckload division. It's a dedicated run, home every weekend (which is important to me) and home a few nights during the week. Does anyone have any experience with the truckload divisions? If so what are some of the ups and downs? Thanks for any advice.

Unlike most driving jobs, probably going to be lots of rules and regulations to deal with from the company, but the pay will probably make it worth it.

Thanks Mike. I don't think it's going to be that bad as this is the non union side of UPS (which also means it doesn't pay as well). I have spoken to some of there drivers and I know the guy who does there new hire road test. When I did my road test, he told me that as long as you make your appointments and don't get DOT violations then once you pull out of the gate, you will not hear from them again until you pull back in a day or two later. I'm thinking it's worth a try as the benefits are good and it seems to be newer equipment that is very well maintained.

I have no idea. I haven't been given the rules yet. I don't guess you can break them if you don't know them haha
You can post on forums, just never reveal your true identity & nothing they can use to figure out who you are like where you're going & when, etc.

I know a guy who used to drive local for UPS Freight. He was Union.

Gotta be clean-shaven. No whiskers. F*** that.

Also gotta have your seat belt on before you even start the truck. Even if you're in the yard or sliding tandems. They have sensors that rat you out.

He once got fired & had to have the union get his job back, because he wrote "proudly made in USA" on a crate that he made by himself from scraps of wood while on dock duty. (it was part of the job, he had to make a crate for some particular item that day)

He told me so much s*** about UPS freight that they couldn't pay me enough to work there.

There's just certain things that are deal-breakers for me, regardless of what it pays.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread