Update: TAB banking troubles continue after computer upgrade

Maria

Diet Coke
Staff member
Friday, March 2, 2012 – It’s been six days since the Transportation Alliance Bank of Ogden, UT, underwent a full computer system upgrade Feb. 26 that locked countless small-business truckers out of their accounts. They were unable to buy fuel, withdraw funds, or even check their balances.

While some say they are now able to log in to their TAB accounts by using the last four digits of their Social Security number, others say they are still unable to determine their accurate account balances because of the computer glitches.

OOIDA member Kia Goldberg of Cincinnati, OH, said she was able to fix the password issue on Sunday before many realized there was a password problem, but that she still has been having issues with her accounts since then. Her husband, Michael, was able to fuel in Arkansas this week, but the amount of $544 was deducted four times from their account, plus an additional charge of $551. They have no clue what that charge is for. She was able to get the charges reversed during the week, but Goldberg said they reappeared on her account when she checked her balance online on Friday.

“I am afraid to pay bills; I am afraid to do anything right now,” Goldberg told Land Line on Friday. “All of our automatic payments for services that were scheduled to go out on March 1 were denied. I am having to call them all today, but I really don’t know what to tell them.”

She said she is printing her accounts statements hourly because “phantom charges keep appearing.”

“Yesterday, an $847 auto loan payment was deducted from our account. We don’t have a car payment; then the day before that $387 was deducted for an auto loan payment,” Goldberg said. “At this point, it’s going to take a forensics accountant to figure out what my balance should be.”

She said another glitch in the system is that when she used the phone prompt to check her balance, she was told that her billing address does not match the address on file for her TAB accounts. The Goldbergs have lived at the same address for 16 years, but she said that when she goes online, she can’t even see her address to verify that the address is correct.

OOIDA member James Dean of Anamosa, IA, had two drivers stranded earlier this week in Indiana and Kentucky. He told Land Line he was able to get them fuel by using TCH checks, but he only got six access codes for fuel because he thought his account issues with TAB would be resolved by now.

“I know about what I had in my account, but the bank has no idea,” Dean said. “It’s still a mess, and my drivers are going to need to get fuel again soon.”

Eva Rees, supervisor of the consumer credit and compliance department for the Utah Department of Financial Institutions, told Land Line on Friday that her office is aware of the problem and has been in contact with TAB officials nearly every day since the conversion. She said she has received between 50 and 60 calls this week, ranging from drivers under loads with no fuel to owners of small trucking companies who were unable to pay their drivers this week because they ran their payroll through TAB.

“I think the real problem is that there are still some truckers out there who can’t get fuel, and they are stuck,” Rees said. “That’s a really big issue because time is money for truckers.”

full story

there is a real easy fix to the mess get rid of TAB and go another route, they have had time enough to fix their screw up and have shown their incompetence, so why would anyone trust that they will not continue to be complete idiots.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread