Unpaid wages

alex777

Hello, I am truck driver working for Trucking company. My past week salary was cut by more then $1000. My employer said that they unpaid me this money because I got 2 violations with my LOG Book when I passed driver and truck inspection on the road conducted by Wisconsin State Patrol
When my trucking company hire me I signed the paper said that the company can fine me if I got violations from the inspection.

My question is: is it legal to unpaid me if I fail the inspection and company got some points on their company record?

And what can I do about this issue?

Best regards

What can you do? very little, probably nothing. You signed a piece of paper allowing them to do this, which was a big mistake on your part. It's too easy to get violations out here that are bogus, and you don't need your paycheck being compromised as a result.

Your only option is to try and get the violations thrown out, and at that point, get your money back.

Hello, I am truck driver working for Trucking company. My past week salary was cut by more then $1000. My employer said that they unpaid me this money because I got 2 violations with my LOG Book when I passed driver and truck inspection on the road conducted by Wisconsin State Patrol
When my trucking company hire me I signed the paper said that the company can fine me if I got violations from the inspection.

My question is: is it legal to unpaid me if I fail the inspection and company got some points on their company record?

Best regards
yeah...you're screwed. like Mike said, unless you can get those violations thrown out, you signed up for this to happen to you. better luck on your next job and remember,..DON'T SIGN anything like that ever again..!!!!

you must be relatively new to trucking.....as no one would ever sign anything like that.

Best regards
Why did you sign that paper saying they can take money for violations?There is nothing you can do because you signed an agreement sheet.If you're smart you'll find another company.

many will sign something like that, thinking it will never be an issue.

It's merely a lesson learned.
when i worked for a few of the mega-fleets, starting out, there are always (or was always) more papers to sign, then God has pages in his bible.

it IS easy to sign something blindly.

in his particular situation, he had time to read, and knew what he was signing, so yes, lesson learned.

Lots of people get themselves into bad situation by signing off on things that they shouldn't. Unfortunately, in the trucking world, these things tend to show up after you have left a job and went to a new job, traveled to the location for orientation, already missed several days of work, and you find yourself in a situation where if you don't sign, the only option is to walk away.

At that point, you find yourself with no job and having to look for another one.

In a perfect world, you have money set aside to live on, and can absorb such a situation. The majority don't live in that perfect world though and find themselves on the verge of losing houses, cars, and who knows what after missing a couple paychecks.

I'd say you just paid what is referred to as "Stupid Tax". It's money we pay for stupid mistakes. And as my Grandfather used to say, You're not stupid for making a mistake. You're stupid if you didn't learn from it.!!
I've paid my share of Stupid Tax. And I'll probably pay some more before it's over.
This is just a future story that some day you'll begin by saying "I worked for this company one time..."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread