Undercover Boss

rebel

Well known, by a few
Premium
I watched the first episode on CBS after the Superbowl.
At first I was naturally skeptical, but after watching the entire show, I was impressed.

The premise is simple.
A CEO (or in this case President and COO) of a company goes to work at entry level jobs in his own company.
This one was Waste Management.
He worked the recycling line on a conveyor belt, picked up litter at the landfill, cleaned out port-a-pottys and dumped cans on the back of a garbage truck.
It was an eye-opening experience for him to see just how hard his employees worked, the obstacles they had to overcome and the bureaucracy that he was partly responsible for, affected their lives.

If you get a chance - check it out - live or online.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/underc...pC4RUe_O4m88dgi91p_wErmd&vs=Default&play=true

I think that it would sure be a lesson for ALL bosses if they actually did this.

If my boss ever figures out how easy I have it, he'll be cutting my pay. He don't need to know anything about my job, except for what I tell him.

i watched this show in the net. i was really surprised at who went under cover. i really liked the idea of the ceo doing what he did.i hope they get some one from FMCSA to do it LOL

I watched it, Thought it was good if it was really real.
They all stayed pretty clean, Even the port-a-potty's for a fair were not that bad.
And only one more thing well 2, I have never seen so many people run out and hug the trash collector.
And how did she find a private enough place to use the can?
Well at least it was easy enough to toss her p-cans.....lol

They all stayed pretty clean, Even the port-a-potty's for a fair were not that bad.
And only one more thing well 2, I have never seen so many people run out and hug the trash collector.
And how did she find a private enough place to use the can?
Well at least it was easy enough to toss her p-cans.....lol

Very observant.
Someone else pointed out to me that every person he worked with had a "story."
Not a coincidence, I'm sure. The TV producers no doubt made sure that the viewers were kept interested. That part wasn't exactly real life.
Yeah, I've ridden the back of a garbage truck in a Florida summer.
No hugs for me, LOL.
Gawd! I still remember. Someone had a fish fry that week........

I still like the premise of CEO's putting on their workers' shoes - even for a week.

There are not too many CEO's who would be up for that. I would love to see a hospital CEO do CNA work...lol! Somehow I doubt very much that would happen.

That's exactly what I thought. I couldn't help but think that this is some sort of propoganda move by huge companies to make it look like management all of a sudden gives a crap about the little guy because of ONE DAY faking an effort at a lower level job.

I guess I'm just too skeptical.

I wonder if the Waste Management guy made his tee time that day...

I could understand the excuses or disguises they came up with to get the hooters guy into the stores and the sauce plant, but I have to wonder how they explain the huge production crew following them around? I'm doubtful that it's as real as they portray it to be!

I never thought of that, how undercover can it be if a guy with a flippin camera is following you around the work place

Don't believe this show, its a bunch of ceos who sat around and said "hey, we are getting a lot of heat from giving ourselves $16 million bonuses in a recession, lets do a PR show & make them think we give a shit".... The 1st one seemed okay, the dude actually did some work but the guy at Hooters didn't even work half a day... He worked the lunch rush 1st then he his next few jobs was playing water boy for the manager & his last thing was a probably an hour at the plant..

If you guys actually think these people give a crap about their employees & its not a PR show for ceos then I got some ocean front property in AZ..lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread