Trucking News: UK relaxes trucking rules to ease shortage of drivers

Many people live paycheck to paycheck, because they don't have the skills to create a budget and limit spending on stupid stuff. These days they have to have the biggest TV, the newest iPhone, $200 sneakers, thousand of dollars worth of tats, yet they'll live in a tattered trailer, smoke 2 packs a day and drink a case of beer a day.

I've done all of the traveling that I want to do in a truck. I've seen all 48 contiguous United States and 5 Canadian provinces, I've been to a lot of Europe and the Caribbean. I'm content to sit on the front porch and tell people to 'Get off of my lawn'.
My fetish is air tools. Especially impact wrenches. They make me stupid.

Many people live paycheck to paycheck, because they don't have the skills to create a budget and limit spending on stupid stuff. These days they have to have the biggest TV, the newest iPhone, $200 sneakers, thousand of dollars worth of tats, yet they'll live in a tattered trailer, smoke 2 packs a day and drink a case of beer a day.

This is very true. It is the one legitimate criticism that people from other countries have against us. They see how we live, and how we think we have to have these things in order to live, while they manage on a tiny percentage of what we have.

My cell phone bill is insane. Because kids now need them. NEED THEM!

Houses have to be large now, we NEED them to be huge. Because although we lived in small houses as children (most of us), the thought of doing that as an adult is out of the question.

Land, we NEED land. 99.999999% of us aren't farmers, but for some reason we need land. I'm out on this one, because I am happy to have a lot in the city.

This list varies for everyone, but the list is huge. We pay for things that we absolutely do not need, and we don't pay cash for these things.

We are a two-car family. A few decades ago, we would have been a one-car family. Mainly because my wife doesn't have a job outside the house, but also because I am in a truck 99% of the time, and even if she did have a full time job, we could manage with one car. Our kids don't have cars. We adulted one already without having her own car, and about to adult another one without having her own car. So, we have managed with two vehicles.

We live in debt because we think we need things that we absolutely do not need, and are willing to pay for them with interest because they are so important. We will most likely replace these things before they are even paid for, because we need the newer model of them.

I'm out on shoes. I buy the old model of shoes for $30 somewhere like Ross, or in the clearance section of a department store. Those shoes were over $100 the year before.

This is very true. It is the one legitimate criticism that people from other countries have against us. They see how we live, and how we think we have to have these things in order to live, while they manage on a tiny percentage of what we have.

My cell phone bill is insane. Because kids now need them. NEED THEM!

Houses have to be large now, we NEED them to be huge. Because although we lived in small houses as children (most of us), the thought of doing that as an adult is out of the question.

Land, we NEED land. 99.999999% of us aren't farmers, but for some reason we need land. I'm out on this one, because I am happy to have a lot in the city.

This list varies for everyone, but the list is huge. We pay for things that we absolutely do not need, and we don't pay cash for these things.

We are a two-car family. A few decades ago, we would have been a one-car family. Mainly because my wife doesn't have a job outside the house, but also because I am in a truck 99% of the time, and even if she did have a full time job, we could manage with one car. Our kids don't have cars. We adulted one already without having her own car, and about to adult another one without having her own car. So, we have managed with two vehicles.

We live in debt because we think we need things that we absolutely do not need, and are willing to pay for them with interest because they are so important. We will most likely replace these things before they are even paid for, because we need the newer model of them.

I'm out on shoes. I buy the old model of shoes for $30 somewhere like Ross, or in the clearance section of a department store. Those shoes were over $100 the year before.
$30 for shoes? That's nuts!

😳😃

$30 for shoes? That's nuts!

😳😃
Sometimes under $20.

I can look at shoes that are high dollar, and the same model is available the next year on clearance somewhere for a fraction of the price. This past year, that hasn't been the case because lack of supply has increased the demand of everything and new shoe models have not been coming out or simply not available, so the stores I go to don't have them.

The changes are always slight color variations, or simply a new name. Shoe typically remains the same.

New Balance is my brand. We have New Balance stores around me, and it's funny to see the prices on new shoes, when they are no different than the show of the past 2-3 years.

Sometimes under $20.

I can look at shoes that are high dollar, and the same model is available the next year on clearance somewhere for a fraction of the price. This past year, that hasn't been the case because lack of supply has increased the demand of everything and new shoe models have not been coming out or simply not available, so the stores I go to don't have them.

The changes are always slight color variations, or simply a new name. Shoe typically remains the same.

New Balance is my brand. We have New Balance stores around me, and it's funny to see the prices on new shoes, when they are no different than the show of the past 2-3 years.
I'm messing with you. It took me too many years to find out my feet like Asics. They usually run about $45 by the time I'm getting a pair. I think I paid $55 once.

Usually just wear the work boots though and they're high dollar to me at about $100. Haven't found another one my feet like, and they love these, so they're worth it.

Since this thread went all Imelda Marcos, They do make safety work Shoes. They look just like runners but have a hard toe cap.
The company pays for those and my pair of work boots. I also have a good set of cowboy/biker boots with heel and toe tips all fancy like. Those I had to buy.
I wear the safety runners for my day to day errands. Didn't cost me a dime.
After digging my self out of debt, I intend to stay out of debt.

Back in the day, I spent a lot of money on booze and broads and the rest of the money I just wasted. :D

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread