Trucking Regulations: U.S. Rep. Sharice Davids introduces bill to increase women in trucking

Electric Chicken

Premium
FreightCoin
The megas have a lot of female drivers. Taking advantage of that gender wage gap I suppose.

:hide:

Mike

FreightCoin
Woman driver posted on a Facebook group a day or two ago, it's a private group, so not going to copy any of the info. She posted pictures from the hospital after letting her dog out to use the bathroom and getting jumped from behind. The concern of that happening is really the only thing I can see that prevents women from driving. Woman got beat up pretty badly.

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Premium
FreightCoin
Woman driver posted on a Facebook group a day or two ago, it's a private group, so not going to copy any of the info. She posted pictures from the hospital after letting her dog out to use the bathroom and getting jumped from behind. The concern of that happening is really the only thing I can see that prevents women from driving. Woman got beat up pretty badly.
We definitely have to be more situationally aware than most men. I would like to be able to say I felt safe everywhere I've been, but that would be a lie. There were places I just wouldn't stop because they were dangerous. There were other times I did stop but got the heeby-jeebies and left, driving after my clock expired just to get away. There were a few times I couldn't leave, so I tied my doors closed with a ratchet strap. I routinely kept a spray can of starting fluid and a utility knife within reach. I still keep starting fluid close, but upgraded from the utility kife to a 669.

Women coming into this field need to know there's more to it than driving. Sometimes, we have to do hard, heavy work. If we can't do our own work, we shouldn't be driving.

To Glenn's grandson: There is no wage gap in trucking. It's a piecemeal job, for the most part. When I ran for mileage, I routinely earned more than my male peers. But I worked for it.

Electric Chicken

Premium
FreightCoin
We definitely have to be more situationally aware than most men. I would like to be able to say I felt safe everywhere I've been, but that would be a lie. There were places I just wouldn't stop because they were dangerous. There were other times I did stop but got the heeby-jeebies and left, driving after my clock expired just to get away. There were a few times I couldn't leave, so I tied my doors closed with a ratchet strap. I routinely kept a spray can of starting fluid and a utility knife within reach. I still keep starting fluid close, but upgraded from the utility kife to a 669.

Women coming into this field need to know there's more to it than driving. Sometimes, we have to do hard, heavy work. If we can't do our own work, we shouldn't be driving.

To Glenn's grandson: There is no wage gap in trucking. It's a piecemeal job, for the most part. When I ran for mileage, I routinely earned more than my male peers. But I worked for it.
I'm a small dude who would lose in any physical altercation, so I have the same fears.

The wage gap comment was tongue-in-cheek.

Users who are viewing this thread