• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

Tyson in Denison,Iowa closes its doors leaves 400 ppl without work

patriciajnsn

Steering Wheel Holder
Tyson closes Iowa beef plant | Food Business News This came as a total shock to everyone.No notice no nothing.Ray works ar kb transporatation which had drivers that picked up swinging meat from them every day for yrs,26 drivers to be exact.Dispatch heard the news from a driver who heard it from his girlfriend.She was shocked as everyone else.So kb has been working tiredlessly trying to figure out what to do with all the local drivers and here's what they did.They got rid of 22 drivers kept 4 and Ray is one of the 4 they kept.Starting Monday his hours change,he'll be starting at 10 pm getting paid salary and all the drivers will receive a 4 week severance pkg.Ray will be doing 2 Council Bluffs loads a day.Livestock exchange is who paid the drivers and they will be giving out the severance pkg.All the local kb trks are sold except 6.The tram trailers are sold and will be going to Mexico.Those are Tyson trailers and what the swinging meat from Denison were in.I guess 6 of the shag drivers in Tyson Dakota City will be without a job as well as some of the mechanics in the PBX shop So this closing affected a lot more then the employees in Denison.There will be a processing plant that's going to hire next year but that's aways away.Then there's Farmland in Denison but they only have so many openings.

Here's something else I forgot to mention,Tyson is interviewing the workers for a job at the Lexington,NE plant.Her'es what they're offering Ray told me,23 cpm there to the plant,an air mattress,pillow,a blanket and they stay at a center,$50.00 a day for food.They'll offer $6000.00 for relocation assistance for anyone with a family and the pay at that plant is less then what they were making.Wonder how many is doing that.

Here's something else I forgot to mention,Tyson is interviewing the workers for a job at the Lexington,NE plant.Her'es what they're offering Ray told me,23 cpm there to the plant,an air mattress,pillow,a blanket and they stay at a center,$50.00 a day for food.They'll offer $6000.00 for relocation assistance for anyone with a family and the pay at that plant is less then what they were making.Wonder how many is doing that.
Somebody remind Tyson what country this is.

people get the wrong idea because some refer to it as America. That being the Americas. Go with the United States.
They seem to think they can operate in the USA but pay Bolivian wages.

We need laws that say if you don't want to pay American wages, you can't sell your products or services here either. It should be called the "F*** you & f*** your third world wage offerings" law.

I read that article all the way through.

Mother Earth News is a liberal biased media source. Usually as soon as I see it's one of their articles I don't even read it, but this time I was interested in one thing.

The article seems well researched & detailed but the author left out one HUGE factor about how Tyson (and the other Wall Street owned meat corporations) is killing small towns.

I've been hauling meat out of Tyson, Swift/JBS, Excel, Smithfield, & Cargill plants for about 10 years now, and they all have one thing in common.

The overwhelming majority of their employees are immigrants who are barely able to communicate in English, if at all.

They don't "just happen" to live in that area. They go there because of the packing plant. The packing plant probably imports them from other countries & greases the wheels with Immigration.

There's only one reason any big giant corporation would want to employ fresh immigrants, .. cheap labor. THAT'S what is killing the small towns. The low wages are killing these towns economically & the fact they're bringing in hundreds or even thousands of foreigners (who don't know the meaning of the word "assimilate") into these rural communities is killing them socially too.

Ain't it funny how the liberal propagandist who wrote that article conveniently left that part out?

I read that article all the way through.

Mother Earth News is a liberal biased media source. Usually as soon as I see it's one of their articles I don't even read it, but this time I was interested in one thing.

The article seems well researched & detailed but the author left out one HUGE factor about how Tyson (and the other Wall Street owned meat corporations) is killing small towns.

I've been hauling meat out of Tyson, Swift/JBS, Excel, Smithfield, & Cargill plants for about 10 years now, and they all have one thing in common.

The overwhelming majority of their employees are immigrants who are barely able to communicate in English, if at all.

They don't "just happen" to live in that area. They go there because of the packing plant. The packing plant probably imports them from other countries & greases the wheels with Immigration.

There's only one reason any big giant corporation would want to employ fresh immigrants, .. cheap labor. THAT'S what is killing the small towns. The low wages are killing these towns economically & the fact they're bringing in hundreds or even thousands of foreigners (who don't know the meaning of the word "assimilate") into these rural communities is killing them socially too.

Ain't it funny how the liberal propagandist who wrote that article conveniently left that part out?

I be the first to admit I do not know much about some of these big companies or other worldly operations....However I will sure go hunting information on them when I hear of something that just not right.....I posted three articles on tyson activities....Public expose seems to be the only way a working man can get things done and even that sometimes does not work.....Yes, you are right the immigrants workers follow the money and food chain in this country....Gov regulation or rules mean nothing to most of them...Even that is not enforced to closely either....You see they already got the American system of operations figured out.....I already think that most every thing that is written or on television or hits the air waves is propaganda. You never buy every bill of goods that gets presented. JMO is all!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread