Trucking through Mexico.

Interesting. Thanks for the info:thumbsup:
Anytime. My dad and I often travelled down into the interior.

I think the Mexican government not recognizing US auto insurance is more economic protection for their own car insurance companies.

My company doesn't have Mexican operating authority. It's easier to just contract with a Mexican carrier to run trailers into Mexico. The only El Paso carrier I know that does have Mexican operating authority is Stagecoach Cartage and Distribution.

I take my 1997 Camry down there. Just bare Texas liability coverage. :)

Most insurance will cover you within the 40 km "border zone". But in order to venture into the interior, you will need a Mexican policy as a US policy won't extend coverage into Mexico beyond the border zone. Plus the Mexican government won't issue you the temporary import permit you will need to bring your car without valid Mexican insurance.

Do Mexicans buy extra insurance when they travel to the USA?

KIDDING!!
I was just messing with you!
:D

:biglaugh:

But do not try to leave the country with more diesel fuel than your vehicle was designed to carry. Mexican diesel is cheap compared to gasoline due to tax breaks the Mexican government gives to heavy truck and bus operators. They set up checkpoints leaving the country and if you have a diesel vehicle and have a non OEM tank, like one in the bed of a pickup, they will confiscate the fuel and issue you a citation for attempted illegal fuel exporting.

But do not try to leave the country with more diesel fuel than your vehicle was designed to carry. Mexican diesel is cheap compared to gasoline due to tax breaks the Mexican government gives to heavy truck and bus operators. They set up checkpoints leaving the country and if you have a diesel vehicle and have a non OEM tank, like one in the bed of a pickup, they will confiscate the fuel and issue you a citation for attempted illegal fuel exporting.

If I send you a note from a Canuckian who calls himself Dr Love can you get him some penicillin and leave it at customs in Detroit [or Buffalo]?

That doesn't have half naked rednecks like that last one @Sinister posted does it? I am still trying to bleach my eyes.

eye-bleach_o_2873725-300x236.jpg

Mind your step. Goof is a go word in Juvei, EH!
And just for that you get this :thefinger::D

Well I apologized immediately, didn't I?

No need to go on a tear...
I mean tare...
I mean...
the tomato wall just got higher...
and I turned down the heat in the greengro ...
get it, gringo... greengro house...
it's like gringo from the South morphed with a mispronunciation from the fart East.
:)
I freakin crack myself UP!

But I digress...
what were we talking about?
:stare1:

Well I apologized immediately, didn't I?

No need to go on a tear...
I mean tare...
I mean...
the tomato wall just got higher...
and I turned down the heat in the greengro ...
get it, gringo... greengro house...
it's like gringo from the South morphed with a mispronunciation from the fart East.
:)
I freakin crack myself UP!

But I digress...
what were we talking about?
:stare1:
Okay Fine. I will work on your tomato plantation. I am only picking green tomato in hopes of fried green tomatoes sammiches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread