Trucking is an EXTREMELY valuable component of the American Economy...

Getfit Tommy

Highway Hero
...and ANY productivity effects of heavy burdens will most certainly cause ripple effects throughout every other industry... right down to the price of your TP...

The overall economic impact of all the new and future trucking regulations will DEFINITELY cause productivity losses.

Don't try to deny it...

Be Pro ELD
Be Pro HOS
Love thy CSA and its flawed scoring
Deny the driver shortage
Act like driver retention isn't an issue and that some companies have a 100% turnover rate
We don't text while we drive, right? But are we distracted by APUS, C.B radios, hundreds of rearview mirrors, thousands of gauges, constant shifting and seat adjustment...no, of course not..

And our highways and the morons that travel them daily in those obstacles called "four-wheelers"... are never an issue.

I am going to hold my breath while the American Transportation Research institute addresses all of our unimportant issues and resolves them...

Wait... my face is already turning Smurf colors....:confused::confused::confused:

...and ANY productivity effects of heavy burdens will most certainly cause ripple effects throughout every other industry... right down to the price of your TP...

The overall economic impact of all the new and future trucking regulations will DEFINITELY cause productivity losses.

Don't try to deny it...

Be Pro ELD
Be Pro HOS
Love thy CSA and its flawed scoring
Deny the driver shortage
Act like driver retention isn't an issue and that some companies have a 100% turnover rate
We don't text while we drive, right? But are we distracted by APUS, C.B radios, hundreds of rearview mirrors, thousands of gauges, constant shifting and seat adjustment...no, of course not..

And our highways and the morons that travel them daily in those obstacles called "four-wheelers"... are never an issue.

I am going to hold my breath while the American Transportation Research institute addresses all of our unimportant issues and resolves them...

Wait... my face is already turning Smurf colors....:confused::confused::confused:

I dunno lots of people say they make "More" on Elogs yet "ovr" or Long haul for @GAnthony I don't "see" it..

Well I'm 3 weeks into "local" again it's "Hourly" time clock but still a "Salt Mine" but I'm not quite 62 yet so I gotta "struggle" until then.

When I got 62 I'm gonna ...uh oh wait HEALTH INSURANCE shot ya gotta be 65 to comp medicare...

Well "Cobra" don't get me started Basic Cobra was "more" than my first House Payment in early 90s

Although to be "fair" a decent new Pickup truck "Today" cost what my first home did in 1995

But are we distracted by APUS, C.B radios, hundreds of rearview mirrors, thousands of gauges, constant shifting and seat adjustment...no, of course not..
I don't know what kind of trucks you've been driving but I've never even seen one with more than 6, including the spot mirrors.

Thousands of gauges though, . . That would be nice. :thumbsup:

I'd like to have a laser temp gun that monitors the pavement temperature.

And individual tire pressure gauges for all 18 tires. :D

Can be. When I ordered up my current truck, I got every gauge available put in it. Can monitor the smallest detail. But I only ordered one hood mirror on the right side along with the stock West Coast mirrors with both upper mirror and lower convex mirror. But they also threw in the mirror over the passenger door that looks downward. That is 6 total. if I had gotten the left hood mirror, that would have been 7.

I can't say for sure I make more with Elogs for the last 5 years of using them in comparison to past years, at least on an inflation adjusted basis, but they sure didn't hurt me. I guess I am making more in actual dollars, but one has to also factor in that I am getting more on the rates than years past and my truck is much more efficient that previous I have owned, so not sure Elogs have anything to do with it. I know my average miles per year has not changed much. My situation has been very profitable even on Elogs. No complaints. I don't advocate for Elogs, I just like them for me. So I waste very little time getting caught up in the paranoia over ELD's. I have a "0" PSP score and many carriers have very low CSA scores, so that doesn't seem to be a major headache for some.

But most drivers, any distractions are self inflicted. Over 30% of fleet trucks now are automated shift versions, and growing, so shifting is not the distraction as years gone by. 60% of all Volvo truck sales now are automated transmission versions. Most fleets have the minimum set of gauges in the dash, to where it is hardly different than a modern car or pickup. And many of the various controls are now located in steering wheels instead of having to reach over on the dash. So distractions are less than ever before. Any supposed distractions now are not much different than operating a modern car or pickup.

I don't really buy into the driver shortage thing, except in one way.... shortage of good drivers with a good work ethic, not a shortage of bodies to fill the seats. Mainly because a lot of the supposed driver shortage has more to do with driver retention. And there is nothing new in that regard over the last several decades. They were crying over 100% driver turnover in OTR truck load fleets back in the 90's. I clearly remember the trucking rags screaming about it. Nothing has changed, at least for the major big carriers, and never will. There are a lot of well run smaller truckload carriers (500 trucks or less) that have driver turnover rates below 20% just like the LTL carriers. I have my truck on with one of them. Driver turnover has stayed in the mid teen percentages the 8 years I have been here.

Most of the higher prices, including your TP, has to do with the lower value of the dollar, which has lost over 25% of its value just while Obummer has been in office. And that is true especially with food prices. Major crop prices on the commodity markets are no more expensive than when Bill Clinton was president. When adjusted for inflation, actually less expensive. Yet on the store shelf, they are more expensive. Fuel is almost half the cost it was just a few years ago. So nothing in trucking has much to do with higher cost of food and many other items.

Billy Joel had it pegged right.... "the good 'ol days weren't always that good and tomorrow is not as bad as it seems".

my bad.jpg

Just a downright Pacaar work of art.....no such thing as a "blind side".... and...

absolutely nothing distracting at all. Kind of like a gnarly tree from my favorite Dr. Seuss book. (I have the whole series in my sleeper with my P.J.'s so that I can get a GOOD night's rest.....

Please, don't bother telling me about my serious "issues"....my therapist rides with me every trip just so we can talk through each traumatic situation....

...and then I give myself advice on how to cope with reality.

(I know, I'm doing a knock-up job!) :throwfit::panic::tongueout:

View attachment 37192

Just a downright Pacaar work of art.....no such thing as a "blind side".... and...

absolutely nothing distracting at all. Kind of like a gnarly tree from my favorite Dr. Seuss book. (I have the whole series in my sleeper with my P.J.'s so that I can get a GOOD night's rest.....
Why would you do that to an innocent 579? What did it ever do to you?

Couldn't you pick on Freightliner or Mack?

Why would you do that to an innocent 579? What did it ever do to you?

Couldn't you pick on Freightliner or Mack?
I could have picked on a Volvo....come to think of it.... i'm so used to Googling my favorite trucks... not something that makes me hurl....

See?

My thought-processing abilities are malfunctioning... I just might have 14 wheels too many.....:confused::(:(

what's with all the satellite dishes..????

tryin' to get your favorite soap operas..????

Get FiOS man, get FiOS...........
Well, Dr Seuss cartoons are on one network... Beavis and Butthead on another... the 3 Stooges....

You get the picture (no pun intended)

I don't....

I think there is a Quad-quel version of Dumb and Dumberer coming out... I wouldn't want to miss that either ~

Well, Dr Seuss cartoons are on one network... Beavis and Butthead on another... the 3 Stooges....

You get the picture (no pun intended)

I don't....

I think there is a Quad-quel version of Dumb and Dumberer coming out... I wouldn't want to miss that either ~

oh joy, a pre-quel.........

i guess i had better stock up on Nyquil, ZZZZZZZZZZ.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread