Trucking Firms Deploy Ultra Clean Near-Zero RNG Trucks at Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles

Mike

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 8, 2018--Six trucking firms operating in the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are deploying trucks powered by Cummins Westport (CWI) near-zero ISX12N engines, and fueled with Clean Energy Fuels Corp.’s (Nasdaq: CLNE ) Redeem ™ brand renewable natural gas (RNG) in an effort to reduce emissions and improve air quality in the ports and surrounding communities.

The project’s goal is to introduce this ultra clean technology, which is 90 percent to 99 percent cleaner than existing port trucks, to the port drayage industry. This project aims to inspire greater interest in near-zero RNG trucks, particularly with the incentive funding that California is providing to help truckers transition to this clean technology. Near-zero trucks are also one of the strategies for reducing emissions from trucks under the ports’ recent update to their Clean Air Action Plan (CAAP).

Trucking Firms Deploy Ultra Clean Near-Zero RNG Trucks at Ports of Long Beach and Los Angeles

I wonder if their going to decide that this technology is going to be harmful to something later on. Like how California is screaming that def kills bees.

I wonder if their going to decide that this technology is going to be harmful to something later on. Like how California is screaming that def kills bees.
Them crazy Califonians actually believe they can have their cake and eat it too..

Then again I heard like a tiny apartment out there cost more than my house

I'm also seeing more CNG trucks than ever.

You are noticing more? Seemed to me like this technology simply stagnated permanently. I see the fueling stations taking up lots of good parking area at truck stops, and nobody in them unless they are parking in them overnight.

You are noticing more? Seemed to me like this technology simply stagnated permanently. I see the fueling stations taking up lots of good parking area at truck stops, and nobody in them unless they are parking in them overnight.
Yeah believe it or not there are a bunch of fleets using them. NFI uses 'em for Lowe's store deliveries out of Minersville, P&G uses them to shuttle from plant to warehouse in Tunk, UPS runs some up and down 81, etc.

I dunno how practical they are but I see them.

I also just saw a KW sleeper with one retrofitted to it last night. At least the truck LOOKED old enough to be a retrofit. I suppose it could have been original though.

Really? With all the ships coming in to port that burn some of the dirtiest fuel, trucks are the problem?:confused-96:

LONDON — New rules coming into force from 2020 to curb pollution produced by the world's ships are worrying everyone from OPEC oil producers to bunker fuel sellers and shipping companies.
The regulations will slash emissions of sulphur, which is blamed for causing respiratory diseases and is a component of acid rain that damages vegetation and wildlife.

Story

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread