Trucking News: Trucking among most fatal occupations, according to federal report

Big picture. Figure how many times that happens per miles traveled by the company.
I heard somewhere that when you take into account miles driven that SWIFT has one of the best records out there. I'm too lazy to look it up. But if it's true them we know hourly pay or high pay isn't the answer.

When narrowing down to more detailed occupations, heavy and tractor-trailer truck driver had the most fatalities at 831, according to the report.
Accounting for all occupations, transportation incidents were the most common event leading to an occupational death. With a 1% increase to 2,080 deaths, transportation-related incidents account for 40% of the 5,250 total work-related fatalities. Other fatal events include:

• Violence and other injuries by persons/animals up 2.5% to 828 deaths.
  • Fall/slip/trip down 11% to 791 deaths.
  • Contact with objects and equipment up 12% to 786 deaths.
  • Exposure to harmful substances or environments up 17% to 621 deaths.
  • Fire or explosion up 6.5% to 115 deaths.
Wow ...I know it's crazy put there but I never realized it was that many each year

Wow

I heard somewhere that when you take into account miles driven that SWIFT has one of the best records out there. I'm too lazy to look it up. But if it's true them we know hourly pay or high pay isn't the answer.

That would be an aggregat of all miles and they got like probably 10/20 thousand trucks so that'll make they're average low

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread