Truckers Strike April 1, 2008

april 1 shut it down

I will shut it down on april 1.I have been spreading the word on my cb.Hope this works fuel in fl. is about 4 dollars a gallon that really hurts the pocket im not living just surviving!!!!:dunno:

are the major unoins stopping also on april 1??????????????

unions won't shut down......the companies can levy fines against the unions. as long as the company is paying for the fuel, why would the unions worry....??

and there ain't gonna be no stinkin strike

April 1st......aprils fools day......:biglaugh:

I am an Owner operator and will shut down on 1st of April..I understand it is very important to spread the word..the more people shut down the better. I think it is hard on company drivers..unless half if the fleet shuts down. They can't fire EVERYBODY.
Surviving is te right word..barely..and hoping nothing breaks..either on the truck or at home:banghead::dunno:

Will spread word.

Spread it fast. The one thing I fear with truckers shutting their rigs down is getting the word to everyone in time, and then getting them to do it. I really hope there are enough people participating that this one gets noticed.

It has already gotten more news coverage than any previous ones have in recent history, so that is a good sign.

Count me in for the shutdown. Not sure how long it will last, since the dates are a little scattered, but I will be home in 3-4 days, then it is 2 weeks off for me.

I'm a company driver, but I have vacation time, and since hearing about this, seemed like as good a time as any to use it.

I have sent messages to all of my local television stations, asking them about doing some remote interviews with truckers in our area Dallas/Fort Worth truckstops.

If you have a few minutes, please to the same. If these news sources get multiple tips regarding this, they are more likely to act on it.

Here is what I sent to all our stations, feel free to copy or adapt to your liking:
Many stations across the country are interviewing truck drivers in their local area truckstops regarding an up and coming shutdown due to fuel prices making it impossible for truck owners to make a living.

I created a special forum on my trucking site simply for the discussion of the potential shutdown. Feel free to browse it for information:
http://www.truckersforum.net/forum/f98/

If you do a story, please send me the online link, and I will add it to our website.

Thanks,

Mike

Looks like those who have been investing and driving up the price of oil are getting a little concerned:

oil has dropped from 111.00/barrel to 104.00/barrel in the past couple days.

Oil prices take steep dive - CNN.com

See, all it takes is telling the oil companies they can basically shove their oil up their backsides, and being serious about it, to force this stupidity to stop.

Just imagine what a shutdown of even 10% of the trucks out there would result in.

10% is an obtainable goal with such short notice. However, I believe that if 10% actually go through with a work stoppage, it will grow more and more daily when each individual driver realizes they aren't alone. Italian drivers in Rome did this last year, and I'll be darned, IT WORKED, as did France back in 1996. We just need to stand our ground. It is OUR country, OUR families, OUR future we need to have the salt to fight for.

Denise -- Company driver preparing to STAND!!!

Anybody here at home from around the DFW area? I have a station looking for someone to interview.

:beep:Well..for what its worth I send your link to local newspapers and to local TV stations! :beep:

:beep:Well..for what its worth I send your link to local newspapers and to local TV stations! :beep:

Every little bit helps. I got one station contacting me after I emailed them, wanting to do an interview now. I might see if I can take an early weekend and just go do it myself.

There is in fact a strike being planned for april 1st. I am with the group of log haulers that got the Central G.a meetings started. Information on this can be found at Home There is a meeting sheduled for this saturday, March 22,2008 at 3 pm.

There is in fact a strike being planned for april 1st.

I think we have got that figured out :)

Would love for you to join our discussion here. Got no problems with you throwing in a link to your site, but I would hope that isn't the only reason you posted.

No, Not at all. The reason I posted was to try to help everyone get all the correct Info I can, and I like talking to other drivers about issues in our industry.I have been busting my butt helping get the word out because I firmly believe in this. I have already parked both of my trucks. The site that I posted a link to isn't mine. It is for everybody. I did not create it. I am just helping promote it. I enjoy driving a truck and I'd like to see us all benefit and prosper from all this. I am tired of wearing my truck out for nothing. Thank you for inviting me to join in the discussion Bullwinkle. I am glad to be here !! :)

No, Not at all. The reason I posted was to try to help everyone get all the correct Info I can, and I like talking to other drivers about issues in our industry.I have been busting my butt helping get the word out because I firmly believe in this. I have already parked both of my trucks. The site that I posted a link to isn't mine. It is for everybody. I did not create it. I am just helping promote it. I enjoy driving a truck and I'd like to see us all benefit and prosper from all this. I am tired of wearing my truck out for nothing. Thank you for inviting me to join in the discussion Bullwinkle. I am glad to be here !! :)

Welcome speedracer...

One thing about the forum listed on the site you mention...I would mention to the admin's (I know they don't own it, as it is a free forum) that they should allow visitor's to at least view the forum, without having to join it.

If not then, google,yahoo,msn, etc... will not be able to index anything about except that it shows an error whenever you follow the link to the forum, because you must join it in order to view it.

If google,yahoo,msn..etc RE: search engine spiders can't see it then it is a waste of time to try and promote it on the Internet.

Now to get back onto topic here....

Has anyone had any new updates, I mean I have searched a lot of news places today and not seeing much.

CNN covered that one story...but you would think if CNN jumped on it a lot of other places would also.

I saw the link Bullwinkle posted about the oil price dropping...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread