Truckers shutdown fact or fiction........ "FACT"

dlittle

I am hosting on my website info about the coming shutdown April 1 , 2008
USCATTLEHAULERS
So far I have gotten over a thousand emails from trucking Co's that are in full support of this shutdown.
I have also been contacted by Sen. Hillary Clintons Office, The AP, several radio stations, And today was contacted by the Quad City times , who by the way are running a story on this in tomorrows paper.
If anyone is in support of this email me direct at [email protected]
I am talking to or at least calling Washington DC daily.
watch my website for updates
Thank You

Mike

Staff member
Split this post off the other thread, as I did some digging and found an article that is specific to this members comments.

From the article:

What started as a small, online grassroots effort now appears to have the potential for something bigger.

Dan Little, the owner/operator of a livestock hauling company in Carrollton, Mo., estimated Tuesday that at least 1,000 other truckers from across the United States have committed so far to joining him in a strike on April 1.

Although none of the truckers interviewed Tuesday at the Iowa 80 Truck Stop, Walcott, which is just off Interstate 80 west of Davenport, has heard of the intended strike, some said they would shut down, too.

Weldon Kinnison, a Virginia trucker who was hauling soft drink from Indiana to Denver, heard about the plans for a strike for the first time Tuesday while stopping at Walcott.

“I’m an owner/operator with the American Truckers Association,” he said. “I’d park my truck for a week with the cattle haulers.

“The fuel is too high, and there’s no reason for it. I don’t listen to the CB (radio) that much, but I guess I’ll start now.”

Source