Truckers Coming Together For Trucking Rights

SilverSurfer

Old School'd
TruckNet
By Allen Smith

Truckers Coming Together For Trucking Rights

The trucking industry has several organizations that represent our nations’ truck drivers. Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for an organization to use the main theme, content, or source from another’s news story or blog post and not link back to, or at least mention the original post or author’s work and research.

We ask that all of you join together and keep in mind that our common goal is the benefit of our nations drivers. By communicating with one another, we need to respect and appreciate the hard work, integrity, and commitment we all have towards our common goal of helping truck drivers. As those of us continue our dedicated path in helping the trucking community and its drivers, we as bloggers, journalists, and website owners need to share this common-bond of information among our readers, strengthening our bond with one another, and encouraging each other to stand up for what’s right. Only then will we have the momentum, force, and power to create a true voice and brotherhood which will be required to battle the serious issues which are facing the trucking industry today.

(more...)

-ss-

OOIDA has been around almost as long as all the problems drivers complain about have been around . OOIDA has been taking money from drivers and O/O's for years and the problems haven't gone away . That's why I don't belong to OOIDA . All the services they offer can be found elsewhere at a better price and handle by far more knowledgeable and courteous people .

They were useless to me trying to find insurance for authority and were overprice on drug test pools , fuel cards ,and other services I checked prices on . Their phone reps sound like gum smacking , nail filing bimbos .

The point of the article is not about organizations and what they can, or are not, doing...but the brotherhood (or sisterhood as the case may be) which does still exist among truckers.

We all know we have serious problems in our industry, and it's been demonstrated clearly that the organizations are not able to get the needed job done. We've been waiting for many years to address serious problems and we have yet to see anything accomplished. It lies squarely upon us to effect the actions necessary for positive change within our industry.

-ss-

I agree with silver 100%.The trucking industry needs some serious reshaping.But how can that happen if we sit back and continue to let this happen.I don't know about the rest of you but I for one hate the way the industry is.Let us quit being a puppet on a string and help silver and FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with silver 100%.The trucking industry needs some serious reshaping.But how can that happen if we sit back and continue to let this happen.I don't know about the rest of you but I for one hate the way the industry is.Let us quit being a puppet on a string and help silver and FIGHT FOR OUR RIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is this the same lady that would even drive a purple truck with polka dots ? The biggest problem in the industry now is the oversupply of drivers willing to put up with too much for too little . Schneider is hauling $.69 a mile loads and YRC will probably go bankrupt . Not a good time to be making demands.

Is this the same lady that would even drive a purple truck with polka dots ? The biggest problem in the industry now is the oversupply of drivers willing to put up with too much for too little . Schneider is hauling $.69 a mile loads and YRC will probably go bankrupt . Not a good time to be making demands.
I've always had issues with the trucking industry.I don't think anytime is a bad time to make demands and you're right oversupply of drivers and not making a stand.It does'nt matter if the industry was in full force or not.As long as drivers including myself sit back nothing will ever get resolved.You have probably been driving for awhile.Can you ever remember the drivers having a say so in anything?

Just because i'd drive a polka dotted truck right now lol does'nt mean i'm for being dictated by the companies and the law.

Am I understanding you correctly? Because of an economic situation created by our federal gov't...we should cowar and surrender. This is exactly when we should be standing up and speaking out. It may not be much longer before the end of the trucker is upon us...then what my friend? Complete control of our transportation industry by the federal gov't and big business.

-ss-

I've always had issues with the trucking industry.I don't think anytime is a bad time to make demands and you're right oversupply of drivers and not making a stand.It does'nt matter if the industry was in full force or not.As long as drivers including myself sit back nothing will ever get resolved.You have probably been driving for awhile.Can you ever remember the drivers having a say so in anything?
In the days before deregulation Teamsters were able to negotiate well for drivers . There was a lot of family type operations that actually had concern for their drivers . After deregulation brought the bottom feeder megacarriers in the only concern was making max profits by giving the drivers as little as possible .
I never worked for a large carrier and I've had few complaints .

you have to wonder when if ever the truckers will get tired of bending over and taking what the companies and government wants to give them, obviously the supply of Vaseline hasn't run out yet.

you have to wonder when if ever the truckers will get tired of bending over and taking what the companies and government wants to give them, obviously the supply of Vaseline hasn't run out yet.
I wouldn't be surprised if the will work for a warm bunk to sleep in wannabes used up the Vaseline supply.

Such an attractive way with words.LOL But I know what you're saying.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread