TRUCKERS & CITIZENS SHUTDOWN MAY 5, 2008

I don't know if you all remember the conversation we had almost a month ago about the strike and how quickly it started to fizzle. What will happen will be some will strike and others will want to but they will wait to see how big this thing becomes. Like i said before if you sit home, who will know you are on strike but you and the computer. Everyone needs to gather in large groups with picket signs and call your local news media and let them know where you will be. When others see this happening everywhere they will be more inclined to get involved and the strike will grow day by day. If the ones watching on the side lines don't see anything happening they won't join in and we will only be repeating the same mistake over again. I guarantee if drivers see it happening everwhere it will grow larger and larger.

i am guilty of this. i have bills and can't afford to miss a paycheck as my bills don't stop coming in. i am behind this 99% but is there a way it can be done without it hurting the driver, me. that is my only hesitation in this. if i can be shown a way that the strike can be done and i sit saying the word without hurting me finacilly i am for it. i'm not behind now but if i sit for a period of time i will be and eventually i will lose my job. Now is there a fund out there that will pay my bills and other drivers bills while i sit. if so then i will sit for as long as it takes as long will other drivers. amongst myself other drivers cannot afford to sit for a period of time. this needs to be noticed as a reason why people are hesitant to this strike. sorry to say this but it's true. i don't think my bill collectors give a damn if i can't pay my bills cause i sat and made no money. they want there money as much as i want mine. i am a slave to the system and i have to do what i have to do to make ends meet.

i am guilty of this. i have bills and can't afford to miss a paycheck as my bills don't stop coming in. i am behind this 99% but is there a way it can be done without it hurting the driver, me. that is my only hesitation in this. if i can be shown a way that the strike can be done and i sit saying the word without hurting me finacilly i am for it. i'm not behind now but if i sit for a period of time i will be and eventually i will lose my job. Now is there a fund out there that will pay my bills and other drivers bills while i sit. if so then i will sit for as long as it takes as long will other drivers. amongst myself other drivers cannot afford to sit for a period of time. this needs to be noticed as a reason why people are hesitant to this strike. sorry to say this but it's true. i don't think my bill collectors give a damn if i can't pay my bills cause i sat and made no money. they want there money as much as i want mine. i am a slave to the system and i have to do what i have to do to make ends meet.
I completely understand where you are coming from. We all have bills to pay. , but then you have to look at it this way, it will be easier to pay those bills a month from now if you are making more money, or if fuel prices go down. I don't mean that ugly at ALL. Now think of it this way. If you are looking at the news and you see truckers ALL OVER THE COUNTRY on strike, I mean everywhere you look, TRUCKERS wouldn't you be more willing to jump on that band wagon. I'm only trying to paint a picture here. I know i heard too many drivers say this before, they would if everyone else would.

I don't know if you all remember the conversation we had almost a month ago about the strike and how quickly it started to fizzle. What will happen will be some will strike and others will want to but they will wait to see how big this thing becomes. Like i said before if you sit home, who will know you are on strike but you and the computer. Everyone needs to gather in large groups with picket signs and call your local news media and let them know where you will be. When others see this happening everywhere they will be more inclined to get involved and the strike will grow day by day. If the ones watching on the side lines don't see anything happening they won't join in and we will only be repeating the same mistake over again. I guarantee if drivers see it happening everwhere it will grow larger and larger.
Great point TTW. Thanx for a great suggestion. You're exactly right, we all need to be seen and heard as much as possible. Make lots of noise, make everyone take notice that we are fighting for them, not only ourselves. The more of a spectacle you are the better chance of media attention and the more people will join the fight. :stirpot:

I completely understand where you are coming from. We all have bills to pay. , but then you have to look at it this way, it will be easier to pay those bills a month from now if you are making more money, or if fuel prices go down. I don't mean that ugly at ALL. Now think of it this way. If you are looking at the news and you see truckers ALL OVER THE COUNTRY on strike, I mean everywhere you look, TRUCKERS wouldn't you be more willing to jump on that band wagon. I'm only trying to paint a picture here. I know i heard too many drivers say this before, they would if everyone else would.
For now it's one day, May 5th. belive me alot of us r hurting, The rally and may5th r just steps it's not going to be just one or 2. This is a lot of steps up a very high hill, and we must keep on climbing.

Great point TTW. Thanx for a great suggestion. You're exactly right, we all need to be seen and heard as much as possible. Make lots of noise, make everyone take notice that we are fighting for them, not only ourselves. The more of a spectacle you are the better chance of media attention and the more people will join the fight. :stirpot:
Keep in mind, these people don't have to be truckers, they can be citizens as long as you have a large gathering protesting with wifes, friends, your grown children any damn body that can hold a sign. LOL

i know your not getting " ugly " in your comment and i understand this whole strike gig. but when i sit and watch the news and hearing gas i s gonna top out in between 7 - 10$ a gallon how can i afford to sit and not work ? i don't work then i lose everything i got and having a financial commitment to the state of ga it's not an option for me. i don't work = i have no money = jail. not an option i want to deal with. my PO won't understand me not working and paying what is due. i got screwed over by the system and i am paying my dues. and i feel until congress forces oil companies to produce more oil there won't be any changes. what you good people are doing is great and i wish i could do more but i can't. so how can i jump on the bandwagon if i am living a lie inside myself. i can't. that is why i can only give 99%.

ok

what everyone can do, if u have base stations and radio's in ur car and I know alot of people like to talk on them driver or not,
Keep annoucing it. driver's alot of u talk to 4 wheeler's and base station, let them know, trust me they will spread the word.

We all understand where you are coming from Cerberus. Most of us are in the same boat. You know the one, the one that's sinking fast. We all have those infamous bills luming in the background, that are getting harder and harder to meet every day. If we all just keep on going like we are, we're eventually going to reach the point where we can't possibly meet the bills anymore on what we're making at work. I don't see anyone getting pay raises at the rate that the economy is rising. Maybe, just maybe if we can get enough to stay home from work on May 5 for even a couple or three days, it will cause enough caos in this country that things will get changed. Maybe Not, That's the big problem here. There is no guarantee to any of this. Just like getting in a fight or going to war. You have no real idea who is coming out on top. Usually though, it's the one who fights the hardest and the meanest. I understand that there are going to be many out there that will feel they have to keep on going on May 5. I can only hope that there will be enough that don't to be able to make the difference and make the change for all of us. I know that this didn't help give you a solution to paying your bills if you sit, but it's all I have brother.

i know your not getting " ugly " in your comment and i understand this whole strike gig. but when i sit and watch the news and hearing gas i s gonna top out in between 7 - 10$ a gallon how can i afford to sit and not work ? i don't work then i lose everything i got and having a financial commitment to the state of ga it's not an option for me. i don't work = i have no money = jail. not an option i want to deal with. my PO won't understand me not working and paying what is due. i got screwed over by the system and i am paying my dues. and i feel until congress forces oil companies to produce more oil there won't be any changes. what you good people are doing is great and i wish i could do more but i can't. so how can i jump on the bandwagon if i am living a lie inside myself. i can't. that is why i can only give 99%.
understood.............lol.
just spread the word..............
that's ur part this time................

I understand. I also appreciate your honesty.

We'll gladly take that 99% and be glad for it and proud of you for giving it!!!:tiphat:

We all understand where you are coming from Cerberus. Most of us are in the same boat. You know the one, the one that's sinking fast. We all have those infamous bills luming in the background, that are getting harder and harder to meet every day. If we all just keep on going like we are, we're eventually going to reach the point where we can't possibly meet the bills anymore on what we're making at work. I don't see anyone getting pay raises at the rate that the economy is rising. Maybe, just maybe if we can get enough to stay home from work on May 5 for even a couple or three days, it will cause enough caos in this country that things will get changed. Maybe Not, That's the big problem here. There is no guarantee to any of this. Just like getting in a fight or going to war. You have no real idea who is coming out on top. Usually though, it's the one who fights the hardest and the meanest. I understand that there are going to be many out there that will feel they have to keep on going on May 5. I can only hope that there will be enough that don't to be able to make the difference and make the change for all of us. I know that this didn't help give you a solution to paying your bills if you sit, but it's all I have brother.

and thats all i want is understanding for when i am driving on the 5th. not cause i want to but because i have too. it's hard to preach things when it comes down to , do what i say not what i do. nobody will listen. hell i wouldn't either.

and thats all i want is understanding for when i am driving on the 5th. not cause i want to but because i have too. it's hard to preach things when it comes down to , do what i say not what i do. nobody will listen. hell i wouldn't either.
Only you know your situation and what you are able to do and not to do. Like i said at least you are up front and honest and i respect that.

Only you know your situation and what you are able to do and not to do. Like i said at least you are up front and honest and i respect that.

thank you.. i give honesty and respect to everyone here and i hope to get it back. so far i have or at least i think i have. i have no reason to doubt anybody here.

If we could just get an honest 99% effort from every member of this Forum, I know I'd be tickled shitless. It would be nice to get about 110% from just a few too.....LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread