Truckers and Citizens Rally April 12, 2008 - Shutdown May 5th

truckerstrike08

Navigational Assistant
Ok everybody. We had some great discussion in this thread for the most part, and with almost 50,000 page views to this thread alone, I think it is safe to say we successfully directed a large amount of attention to the April 1 Shutdown.

Now it is time to direct our attention to another rally. This rally and potential shutdown includes not only truckers, but also all citizens. Basically everyone that drives and is effected by these outrageous fuel costs, as well as the money that brokers are scamming from truckers causing the rates to be forced up and the cost of groceries to go up as well.

Join us in the following thread and let's get the word out for a big rally on April 28, 2008, followed by a potential shutdown on May 5th.

NATIONWIDE SHUT DOWN
  • TRUCKERS AND CITIZENS UNITE AGAINST HIGH FUEL PRICES
  • MEETING TO BE HELD April 12, 2008 Saturday 2pm (eastern)
  • WHERE Gables Truck Stop (I-81 exit 77) Manada Hill Exit
Everyone Who Is Effected By High Fuel Costs Is Urged To Participate (This Includes: Gas, Heating Oils & Diesel Fuels)

****FOLLOW ME TO D.C.
***** ON 4/28/08 RALLY IN D.C.
***PULL THE PLUG ON MAY 5TH 2008*** THEY WILL LISTEN THEN!!!!
  • This DOES affect each and every one of us.
  • We are all digging deep in our pockets for gas, groceries, $$ to buy heating oil, etc.
  • If enough people ban together and draw the attention from the right people we will be heard, this means we will make a difference.
  • Remember, the prices all trickle down to the consumer.
  • Even if you aren't in the trucking industry you are feeling the crunch.
  • LETS TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK!!! STAND UP, SPEAK OUT OR GO BROKE!!!

Now if we could direct everyone's attention HERE instead of the other thread.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask and not assume.

You have reached your message sending limit for the hour.
This limit is in place to prevent abuse of our system. To send messages to a large group of people, visit Yahoo! Groups.
Your message has not been sent.

I just got this message AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN. I hate it!!

I have updated the first post and put a direct link to the flier for this rally and shutdown.

For anybody reading this, I think it is important that you notice this is not just a trucker rally, these people are encouraging all citizens to unite in this cause.

:order:

Here is a news item from the corporate lap-dogs,

The Gov is saying that gasoline could (that means it well) reach 4.00 for regular. That means Desiel could hit $5.00 this summer.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=2008-04-08_D8VTOPEO2&show_article=1&cat=breaking

Like I said .... Dicky Cheney tell us we (America) are at war. I agree, we are at war with those who have no regard for the U.S. or it's people. This is nothing new to the working class that grease the wheel of industry in the U.S. Patriotism is a word that people like Cheney (the puppet master), and the oil industry evidently feel does not apply to them when it comes to winning their oil war. They lie and cheat us to get their way, while Americans suffer from GREED! It would appear that their definition of patriotism is that good Americans must be willing to bend over at the pump with a smile on their faces, and to never question the tresinus behavior of the oil industry, and some memebers of our Corporate Government.

Does anyone remember what Dwight Eisenhower said in his last speech as president. He warned Americans not to allow the Military Industrial Complex to take our freedoms away. Google "Eisnhower+Military Industrial Complex" and see for yourself.

There is no "PECK OIL" that a propaganda lie. It was Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's minister of propaganda that said "If you tell a lie long enough, it will become the truth" There is more crude in the ground than they know want to do with. I can give you more details about how much crude there is still in the ground if you want them, about how much oil they have found in just the last year. At the Bakken oil field in Montana alone they have found as much as 450 billion barrels of "SWEET" crude, that's four times what the OPEC still has in the gound. WE DON"T NEED OPEC!!! And there is more, much more just in the U.S. alone. All Americans need to know this because the lie of "PECK OIL" is why you are paying more, and more, and more, and more, at the pump!

America is being taken to the cleaners, and the truckers are the only Americans with the courage and real patriotism to bring and end to this tyranny. We are talking about the end of America as we knew it in "The Good Ol Days" This isn't some game we're playing here.... this is it, this is your life. This is why we fight wars ..... for freedom, your children, your self respect, the hope and dreams of America.

SPREAD THE WORD ..... LIGHT THE LANTER IN THE CHURCH BELL TOWER ....... "THE OIL SLICKS ARE COMING"

This morning contacted local news paper, Dave Ramsey @Fox business, Goodmorning America, ABC NEWS Charles Gibson. I am printing flyers and asking businesses to post them in their windows. Also contacting some influential friends for help on the flyers being posted in business.

i don't know if it is just me but i don't really see this "strike" thing doing any good without copanies supporting and backing this. don't get me wrong i cheer you all for everything you are doing in these times but it is just fueling the fire for the mexican driver program. the way i look at it if some big companies got together, let's say JB, swift, werner, schneider, and just shut down for a week saying high fuel prices was the major factor then there would be major panic and changes. i feel this is bigger than some people realize and enough eyes are looking and watching this and now is the time more than ever to make a big stir , bigger than the last attempt, or it will be all for not or the fat cats will just sit back and laugh at the feable attempts. right now they have the upper hand and that needs to change. they are looking at all this as we are all replaceable and sadly we are. there are mexican drivers out there that will do this job for half the money and be happy about it.

Everyone has their opinion and that is yours. But me personally I am not going to stop doing what I do just because the companies are bigger and make more money. Means nothing to me just that I have to try harder and get more attention of people.
Of course they aren't going to shut down they have drivers making their CPM regardless of what prices are around us. They get paid either way, O/O's don't.

ILLEGAL MEXICAN DRIVERS KILL FAMILIES so let's not go there.

i don't know if it is just me but i don't really see this "strike" thing doing any good without copanies supporting and backing this.

This is why the site that is getting this started is doing more than just encouraging truckers to get involved. This is a push to unite all drivers, whether you drive an 18 wheeler or a 4 wheeler.

It is also very important for everyone to remember that the big companies don't even make up for 30% of the freight that is moved in the United States. While it would be nice for them to support, we all know they never will, so the plan simply has to go on without them.

Get a few thousand 4 wheelers involved in a rally around D.C. and our Government officials will literally crap their pants because at that point things can really take off. The news media and everybody will take this much more seriously if they see that everybody, not just truck drivers, are fed up with this.

Everyone has their opinion and that is yours. But me personally I am not going to stop doing what I do just because the companies are bigger and make more money. Means nothing to me just that I have to try harder and get more attention of people.
Of course they aren't going to shut down they have drivers making their CPM regardless of what prices are around us. They get paid either way, O/O's don't.

ILLEGAL MEXICAN DRIVERS KILL FAMILIES so let's not go there.

i guess you might have taken this wrong. i am in no way saying to stop what your doing, i just had an opinion and a thought that i would share. i personally think what you are doing is great and i hope you get more support next time.

I had a lot of support this time around and with sites like this that will allow you to post things without banning you it makes life a lot easier and encourages me to shove more people here. But it's not only drivers getting involved its everyone even if they are Amish and drive a horse and buggy. Which is what I am about to start doing :p
I think I did take it the wrong way, for that I apologize.

This is why the site that is getting this started is doing more than just encouraging truckers to get involved. This is a push to unite all drivers, whether you drive an 18 wheeler or a 4 wheeler.

It is also very important for everyone to remember that the big companies don't even make up for 30% of the freight that is moved in the United States. While it would be nice for them to support, we all know they never will, so the plan simply has to go on without them.

Get a few thousand 4 wheelers involved in a rally around D.C. and our Government officials will literally crap their pants because at that point things can really take off. The news media and everybody will take this much more seriously if they see that everybody, not just truck drivers, are fed up with this.

great idea on getting more truckers involved but from what i see and hear out on the road is they just don't know what to do but sit around trucks stops and moan and bitch about it. they (we) all want something done but most drivers are confused and not sure what they can do. and remember not every driver can get on the internet. need some sort of different ways to get the word out. everybody watches tv at some time during the week. commercials are a bit pricey but more would be informed. how about billboards, we all look at the scenary driving down the road. slap one on a billboard going into a major city, say d.c., and people would be more knowledgeable about it. and the general public has no idea what is going on here. all the know is they go to wally world and buy there goods and go home. get them informed on the situation.

I had a lot of support this time around and with sites like this that will allow you to post things without banning you it makes life a lot easier and encourages me to shove more people here. But it's not only drivers getting involved its everyone even if they are Amish and drive a horse and buggy. Which is what I am about to start doing :p
I think I did take it the wrong way, for that I apologize.

no apology needed. you have a passion for what you are doing here and your not letting anybody stand in your way. that is great.

Hold those horses!

Hey .....

We all mean well..... but lets stay focused on what we're trying to do here. No one person can carry this load alone. It's going to take the determination of us all to pull off a march on Washington.

If Black America can get one million black men to show up at the Washington monument, one millon Americans can show up to save America from the oil slicks and their lap-dogs legislators.

Like I said in my reply above ..... this isn't a game that we can play over and over until we get it right.

This is it, shit or get off the pot!

Tried to get in touch with Lori Morgan and Sammy Kershaw but they had moved. Does anyone know anybody we can contact. I'm still thinking

Why don't we focus on the media and general public instead of getting off track to singers that more than likely won't give us the time of day?

I have a list of media contacts if you want it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread