Trucker slain after talk on CB radio conversation

"Associated Press

SCIO TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- The Washtenaw County sheriff's department says a 44-year-old man was stabbed to death at a Scio Township truck stop after a conversation on a CB radio led to a confrontation.
The department tells The Ann Arbor News officers got a call Saturday to the TA Travel Center in Scio (SY'-oh) Township, about 35 miles west of Detroit.
They say Gregory A. Hobalt of Davenport, Iowa, was pronounced dead at the University of Michigan Hospitals.
Authorities are holding a 36-year-old man from Garland, Texas, while they determine charges.
They say the suspect apparently made offensive comments on the CB radio about the 10-year-old daughter of Hobalt's girlfriend. "

http://http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071231/UPDATE/712310400

Don't be suprised if you see if you see the guy from Garland on "To catch a predator" soon!!!

This is why I turn the CB off when idiots start rambling on the radio. And these days, it seems like the radio is off more than it is on.

Pride gets alot of people into situations like that,instead of thinking it through they just jump in.His intentions were clearly seen,but the thought process didn't lead him to that idea.And yes that knob really does do something!!

I definately have to say my heart goes out to the lady and her daughter,just imagine the trauma there.You know that would have been a great father for the girl,He gave his life literally for her,just sucks that's how it went and why it went down.

people take the CB chit chat way too serious. it's just guys talking smack at the truck stops. if you don't like what you are hearing on the CB, then turn it off. simple as that.

Unfortunately, the number of dumbasses out here seem to be increasing all the time.

this is infraction language here. lol

seems all i come across here lately is dumbasses. i sat in line at T/A fuel line in harrisburg for a half hour waiting for the guy to move. he was done fueling and had his truck running with the hood up. i ended up going inside and having the front desk tell the driver to move. he came out of the T/A and added some window cleaner fluid and finally moved. i was so ticked off and he knew it. i just happened to be talking to the guy at the next fuel island and saying out loud how the guy should move to put liquids in the truck. i looked dead at him and he didn't say a word.

The people are being worked into a frenzy with high food prices, fuel prices, many folks facing foreclosure, job losses and the likes. This is being done intentionally by the powers that be to strip us of our sovereignty. impo
Race war, class war or any uprising to declare martial law!

When you can't have a heated argument on the CB without it ending in murder theres more going on there than meets the eye.;)

This is why I turn the CB off when idiots start rambling on the radio. And these days, it seems like the radio is off more than it is on.
Same here, i used to enjoy having a cb and used it quite regularly. though i still enjoy a cb and think they are a valuable tool to have, i would much rather talk to my family on my cell phone when my nights and weekend minutes roll on but thats just me.

5+ years ago when there were more INTELLIGENT DRIVERS, there were more INTELLIGENT CONVERSATIONS that were free of profanity and other conversation stoppers.:stirpot:
I used to like to ask a question with a Fruity voice and wait for replies and listen to all others' comments and be entertained for at least 30 minutes.
NOT ANYMORE!!:nono:
These new dimwits cannot fathom Humor and take ribbing as direct insults, then proceed into the profanity and/or the accusations/challenges of fights.
There are very few of us remaining that remember what a SENSE OF HUMOR is.

Y'all recall the brief Baba-Bouy days yes??
At least that was fun AND aggravating at the same time however the usual folk hollering that phrase were not stupid enough to be insulted when confronted.
I would say it at times and select places JUST FOR the comments as I saw this as another form of ENTERTAINMENT.:biglaugh:

I seldom have the C. B. on anymore because of the LACK of fun emphasized.
I'm not interested in **** wars or who has the bigger Rooster and can last through the Donkey diddling or throat choking.:paddle:

I mostly ignore most Truck Drivers because of their consistently stupid maneuvers like riding my tail when I'm in a Hammer Lane rolling 5+ over the limit, or in the Granny lane minding my own business doing whatever posted speed limit.

Same here, i used to enjoy having a cb and used it quite regularly. though i still enjoy a cb and think they are a valuable tool to have, i would much rather talk to my family on my cell phone when my nights and weekend minutes roll on but thats just me.

sadly enough i only use the cb to see why traffic is backed up or waiting at a customer and they call u on the cb regarding your load. this trash on the cb these days is absoloutely ridiculous:wtf:

The people are being worked into a frenzy with high food prices, fuel prices, many folks facing foreclosure, job losses and the likes. This is being done intentionally by the powers that be to strip us of our sovereignty. impo
Race war, class war or any uprising to declare martial law!

When you can't have a heated argument on the CB without it ending in murder theres more going on there than meets the eye.

Thats the truth!

O HELL THATS A GOOD SOULUTION ----RIGHT . -------------------j.r. horton

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread