Trucker beats burglar to death.

Tim

U.S.Constitution
HOUSTON – One suspect was killed and another got away after a truck driver caught the two trying to burglarize his 18-wheeler Tuesday night, according to Harris County Sheriff’s deputies.

The 60-year-old suspect and an accomplice were caught breaking into a big rig parked in the 8500 block of C.E. King Parkway at Tidwell around 10:15 p.m.

The truck driver’s wife was taking him to bring a load of tools to his 18-wheeler and, when the two arrived, they spotted suspects inside the rig

Investigators said the driver approached the truck, but when he opened the door, one of the suspects started attacking him with a metal pipe.

The two struggled, and at some point, the driver snatched the pipe away and started beating the suspect with it, deputies said.
That suspect was taken to the hospital, where he died from his injuries. His identity has not been released. The second suspect got away and was still on the run Tuesday evening.

Other truckers who store their rigs in the area said they’ve been targeted time and time again by thieves.
"Just here in our lot, we’ve had about five break-ins – some during the day, some at night," Jose Renteria said.
Now, a grand jury will decide if the driver will face charges.

"You know, he’s obviously shaken up. He’s worried about his family and the fallout of what’s going to go on with the investigation," delivery company owner Scott Drier said. "He’s confident he acted correctly in what he did, but obviously, he’s still nervous."
Given what other rig-owners in the area have been going through, some said they don’t think any charges should be filed.
"I think it definitely sends a message. We’re going to protect ourselves, police or no police. Once you’re on our private property trying to steal what we worked hard for, we have to take things into our own hands. That’s just the way it is," Renteria said.
http://www.khou.com/news/local/Depu...-caught-breaking-into-big-rig--160357695.html

It the start of a cool trend.....That's the second asshole this week that got beat to death for being an asshole!

Keep up the good work boys!

Let's hope the grand jury sees it that way. In most states, the castle rule does not apply to places of business. Use of force is authorized to stop an attack, but only to the level necessary to stop it.

The deceased burglar was 60 years old. The article does not mention the driver's age. If he is in his 30s or 40s, his prime, and the burglar was run down and unhealthy, those factors may play against the driver. It is also possible the grand jury will see it that the burglar was no longer a threat when the pipe was removed from his possession. A charge of manslaughter may come of such thinking. Had the burglar lived, perhaps aggravated battery.

We'll have to wait and see on this one. My hope is the grand jury has some sense and declines charges on the driver.

Texas has a better castle law than Kansas. In KS we can protect ourselves, family and property no matter where we are.

It might depend on how many hits the trucker got in before stopping.

Once he thought his life was threatened, and took the pipe away I say he had every right.

Might should have called the cops first, but I give the guy kudos. I am for protecting our own property.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

The deceased burglar was 60 years old. The article does not mention the driver's age. If he is in his 30s or 40s, his prime, and the burglar was run down and unhealthy, those factors may play against the driver. It is also possible the grand jury will see it that the burglar was no longer a threat when the pipe was removed from his possession. A charge of manslaughter may come of such thinking. Had the burglar lived, perhaps aggravated battery.

Um hold up on that age thing missy............BW9 is all most 60, dont you think he could hold his own in a street fight? IMO age has not a thing to do with it and I dont care if the dude was in a wheelchair stealing my stuff and comes after me with a pipe, its gonna be a bad day for someone.

[MENTION=8936]Tim[/MENTION], that's the way you and I see it. But that's not how the lawyers will spin it. Even if BW9 had his rear kicked :)rolllaugh: ....as if....) by a younger man and died from his injuries, the lawyers would use the age thing as a tool to win. Lawyers usually only care about winning. Justice be danged.

@Tim, that's the way you and I see it. But that's not how the lawyers will spin it. Even if BW9 had his rear kicked :)rolllaugh: ....as if....) by a younger man and died from his injuries, the lawyers would use the age thing as a tool to win. Lawyers usually only care about winning. Justice be danged.

Yeah well some lawyers need to have a misfortunate accident also.

Harris county texas? I'm pretty sure the guy will walk. Cops in texas aren't usually too sympathetic to thugs. I had a guy breaking into my pickup a couple years ago and i beat the crap out of him. cops just said that if the guy fought back it was a felony and i was free to do whatever i wanted at that point including shoot him.

Harris county texas? I'm pretty sure the guy will walk. Cops in texas aren't usually too sympathetic to thugs. I had a guy breaking into my pickup a couple years ago and i beat the crap out of him. cops just said that if the guy fought back it was a felony and i was free to do whatever i wanted at that point including shoot him.

A few years ago, my dad was awake at 5AM sitting on his computer & there was a knock at the door. By the time he got to the door, another old timer, a guy in his 50's looking disheveled had already entered the house. He was startled to see my dad, but started spewing out a sob story about needing gas money to take his mom to the airport & said he only entered the back porch to knock on the screen door that separates the completely enclosed back porch from the rest of the house. My dad yelled at him & made him leave.

The guy left & went up the street & went up to another house, so my dad got in the car & went up there & told the neighbor not to listen to the guy & that he'd just chased him out of his house. The neighbor shut & locked the door & the bum was getting aggressive towards my dad, but left & went to a 3rd house where an elderly man & his wife lived. So my dad called 911 on his cell phone.

He didn't even tell me that story until about 2 weeks later.

Mother's Day, this year, I was at my parents' house doing computer surgery & I heard a knock at the door early in the morning, followed by the back door opening. I grabbed my dad's .22 pistol before I even went to the door. My parents have a friend who usually knocks, then immediately opens the door & enters, but she doesn't usually show up that early in the morning. I got to the door just in time to see an old man about 70 yrs old leaving & walking back to his car which was in the driveway. With the gun hidden in my pocket & my shirt tail hiding the bulge, I asked the guy what he was doing & he said he was dropping off flowers. I don't know why he didn't wait more than 3 seconds after knocking on the door before entering, but when I got back in the house, there were flowers sitting in there that my sister had sent for my mom.

It really bugs me that some people think they can open a door & enter a stranger's house even for a legitimate purpose like delivering flowers inside where they wouldn't get blown over by the wind. There are stickers on both doors like this one below. I put them on my parents' doors the same time I bought my dad that .22 after hearing about that other guy who entered the house.

PAEHAAPPODPDBNGH.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread