Truck Stop Internet.

Boost uses Verizon towers. In Colorado I had to agree too accept the roaming when calling. It's a prepaid set charge. I have never seen ATT on my phone so far. Have never been charged for roaming calls. My tethering settings says I have unlimited tethering. When we used Chromecast to watch Netflix playing videos and tethering letting Chromecast use the internet only using the boost phone for both tasks, sometimes the video would freeze up. I just used my phone to play Netflix using the boost internet, it stopped freezing up. The Microsoft cable doesn't need internet to get your phone to display on a tv.

"LIE" right there off the Bat....

Boost is SPRINT and "Pre-Paid"....

As for Actual "ROAMING" that PRE-Dates Smartphones. ......

As for ROAMING "back then" on "Pre-Paid"....4-Get It

I have only been on the road with him for 3 weeks so far only Colorado said that I was roaming. I am from Texas not sure where all boost stores are located in the USA. Most likely not in Colorado

My boost phone says roaming. I get a pop up to agree to roam. I like boost because it's a set charge, no unexpected overage when you get your bill. I am in Belle, MO just getting 3g not 4g. I think the mountains give the phone poorer internet speed. And being in the middle of no where, where no towers are at. It's not perfect but it's internet in my truck. Picking up a load from Clorox in the morning. There are no truck stops around here.

if you look at boost mobiles coverage map it sucks and one thing about pre paid phones is theres no roaming:eek:. then again the sprint and t-mobile networks suck

True @krelithous T-Mobile "sucked" in the Country but 50 miles from any big city that 4G was Lightning Fast and even most places inbetween the 2G was just "Enough" to Surf The Web but ya ain't streaming videos nor uploading.....

Sprint on 3g was Too Slow to check Email

True @krelithous T-Mobile "sucked" in the Country but 50 miles from any big city that 4G was Lightning Fast and even most places inbetween the 2G was just "Enough" to Surf The Web but ya ain't streaming videos nor uploading.....

Sprint on 3g was Too Slow to check Email
i remember when i tried t-mobile i went around a corner and the phone would say roaming on AT&T:eek:. the phone didn't know who's network it wanted to stay on:D:eek::stare1:. that and there customer support sucks as well. iv'e been happy with verizon and i get 4G everywhere. i paid to get out of the contract with t-mobile

My boost phone says roaming. I get a pop up to agree to roam. I like boost because it's a set charge, no unexpected overage when you get your bill. I am in Belle, MO just getting 3g not 4g. I think the mountains give the phone poorer internet speed. And being in the middle of no where, where no towers are at. It's not perfect but it's internet in my truck. Picking up a load from Clorox in the morning. There are no truck stops around here.
you could go with verizon pre paid i heard there not cutting prepaid customers internet off there just slowing it down. as well as american support;)

you could go with verizon pre paid i heard there not cutting prepaid customers internet off there just slowing it down. as well as american support;)
I don't want to be slowed down. I have a family plan with Metro pcs (5 phones for $125) and they slow you down. 2g is horrible, you have to wait for a website to load. At least with 3g you are still able to stream YouTube and Netflix.

I don't want to be slowed down. I have a family plan with Metro pcs (5 phones for $125) and they slow you down. 2g is horrible, you have to wait for a website to load. At least with 3g you are still able to stream YouTube and Netflix.
im on the verizon 24 GB plan for two lines:eek:

im on the verizon 24 GB plan for two lines:eek:
The Verizon plan costs $110 plus $20 per phone. We get 2 GB per phone at 4g then they slow you down to 2g. Metro PCS also has $60 unlimited internet at 4g LTE speeds. He says that boost gets a better signal OTR than Metro PCS. Both plans are prepaid, so I may try the unlimited metro pcs 1 month to see if it gets better service then the boost mobile.

Last edited:
I have had service with Verizon and ATT and hated that they tagged on so many taxes. Metro PCS and Boostmobile does not add taxes on top of the $25 per line family plan or $60 unlimited. You only get charged extra if you walk in the store to pay your bill $2 at metro. If you collect the Best Buy reward points you can buy the reload cards to pay your monthly phone bill.

I have been using Verizon for my data stuff for quite a while. Yeah, pricey. At least now, they offered me a more reasonable package and they even carry over any unused data each month. Before, I would lose any that I had left. I got an email from Pilot/Flying J regarding they had upgraded their wifi, but the prices are criminal.

I have been using Verizon for my data stuff for quite a while. Yeah, pricey. At least now, they offered me a more reasonable package and they even carry over any unused data each month. Before, I would lose any that I had left. I got an email from Pilot/Flying J regarding they had upgraded their wifi, but the prices are criminal.

I've had connectivity problems at PFJ all weekend.

I don't know what they hell they think they upgraded, but I'm not impressed.

I've had connectivity problems at PFJ all weekend.

I don't know what they hell they think they upgraded, but I'm not impressed.
There could be problems from the internet service provider. I once had time Warner cable seemed like every time it rained our internet would go slow or completely out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread