Politics Truck Speed limit bill introduced in Congress

Fast Freddy

Apr 1, 2020
Texas
Just bend over and spread em drivers. Congress is once again trying to adopt a universal speed limit system for all truckers.

This means even you OOs will have to turn it down to 65.

This bill was first introduced in 2019, reintroduced last week. They just won’t stop squeezing our balls.

I’m governed at 65 now. And when you have a group of trucks all with about the same speed limiter it makes it half impossible to pass. Big clumps of Traffic. But there are still enough trucks that can go faster for now. But this will change everything if it gets to Creepy Joe’s Desk. Unless one of us can bribe Hunter with Hookers and Blow. Otherwise we’re screwed.

The Smokey and the Bandit days of Trucking were the good old days. Now we’re in the Big Brother Era.

I want out of Trucking completely. We need legislation that shuts down a 4 wheeler if the driver touches his phone screen. But no, they’ll just target us instead.

Reactions: Uncle Birchy
Upvote 0

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
Just bend over and spread em drivers. Congress is once again trying to adopt a universal speed limit system for all truckers.

This bill was first introduced in 2019, reintroduced last week. They just won’t stop squeezing our balls.

I’m governed at 65 now. And when you have a group of trucks all with about the same speed limiter it makes it half impossible to pass. Big clumps of Traffic. But there are still enough trucks that can go faster for now. But this will change everything if it gets to Creepy Joe’s Desk. Unless one of us can bribe Hunter with Hookers and Blow. Otherwise we’re screwed.

The Smokey and the Bandit days of Trucking were the good old days. Now we’re in the Big Brother Era.

I want out of Trucking completely. We need legislation that shuts down a 4 wheeler if the driver touches his phone screen. But no, they’ll just target us instead.

When they did that in Europe, and it created the cluster****s, instead of admitting their stupidity and repealing the law, they made new laws restricting all trucks to the right lane only.

And our politicians are even more stupid, and even less willing to admit their mistakes. So it'll happen here too.

However slow those idiot Prime drivers want to go to save fuel is the speed everyone will have to go because passing them will be illegal.

Upvote 0

Electric Chicken

Premium
Jul 1, 2016
I'm not sure how I could govern our trucks even if I wanted to.
I thought the bolt behind the pedal in my Ford was it. I removed it and...I was still slow. It just let rain in because it was literally a hole.

Turns out there's a spring in the fuel pump or something somewhere that prevents you from making more RPMs and due to the 4.44 ratios in the rears it was a 65mph truck.

Reactions: Fast Freddy
Upvote 0

Mike

Feb 1, 2007
OOIDA has been begging truckers to raise hell about the potential of this for years now. Suggesting 1% of drivers actively fight this other than on Channel 19 would probably be very generous.

Squeaky wheels get greased, we have seen that in Government for quite some time, especially in recent years. This industry stays quiet until a crappy law is passed, then they get pissed and make a failed attempt at doing something.

Maybe a new Facebook group called "Fast Trucks Matter" will be created and lots of people will argue and fight about this on Facebook for a few months once it becomes law.

Upvote 0

Fast Freddy

Apr 1, 2020
Texas
The government wants to let 18 year olds drive interstate because it says we need them because of the driver shortage.

Now they want to turn every truck on the highway down. This will only make more drivers say screw this and hang up the keys. Which will create a driver shortage.

The government trying to solve problems created by government.

I mean, it’s not like these elogs made anything safer.

Upvote 0

Duck

Sarcastic remark goes here
Premium
Aug 3, 2011
Internet
This will only make more drivers say screw this and hang up the keys.
I wouldn't even want to drive a car on the interstate because of the rolling roadblocks this will create.

We're going to start seeing a lot more people using the shoulder as a passing lane.

Upvote 0

SomethingElse

Apr 26, 2011

Since there's already speed limits set by the states and cities, I'd say that's enough. No need to spend a couple million $$, on creating a law that does almost the same exact thing.

Kerrville Texas to El Paso is evidence enough to know how stupid 65pmh is.

Upvote 0

SomethingElse

Apr 26, 2011
The government wants to let 18 year olds drive interstate because it says we need them because of the driver shortage.

Now they want to turn every truck on the highway down. This will only make more drivers say screw this and hang up the keys. Which will create a driver shortage.

The government trying to solve problems created by government.

I mean, it’s not like these elogs made anything safer.

$10 says the insurance lobbyist are behind this.

Upvote 0

389 Hood

Premium
Nov 17, 2019
After 42 years of this business, I've already let the company know that on 12/31/2021, I'm officially retiring. The idiocy that is the trucking business has pushed all of these silly rules and laws on us and does nothing at all to control the cars. They just get smaller and faster.

I started sitting on a milk crate for a seat, duct taping the doors in the winter to keep out the cold and dying of heat stoke in the summer. Shifting 2 sticks and steering with my knee. The trucks have become luxurious, bigger, longer, heavier and yet parking is next to impossible if you run at night and need a bathroom. Where they are getting the steering wheel holders of today is beyond me. They ride up the road, feet on the dash barefoot, laptops playing movies on the dash in front of them, drifting from lane to lane, blinding light bars on the bumpers and roofs and they even crawl through the scales like that and are never bothered.

I pass my eye exam at the DL office reading the 20/15 line, yet at one of these roadside medical stands they use some 100 year old technology for the eye test and they tell me I can't see the 20/50 line. My regular doc says my BP is great and my BMI is fine. The roadside medical stand doc? says my BP exceeds what is in the DOT (Down On Truckers) guidelines. Therefore they will only grant me a 1 year certificate.

I work for a great company, drive first class equipment, basically run my own operation, top pay, yet I just feel that before someone succeeds in killing me, I want to live out the rest of my life in peace.

Upvote 0

Electric Chicken

Premium
Jul 1, 2016
After 42 years of this business, I've already let the company know that on 12/31/2021, I'm officially retiring. The idiocy that is the trucking business has pushed all of these silly rules and laws on us and does nothing at all to control the cars. They just get smaller and faster.

I started sitting on a milk crate for a seat, duct taping the doors in the winter to keep out the cold and dying of heat stoke in the summer. Shifting 2 sticks and steering with my knee. The trucks have become luxurious, bigger, longer, heavier and yet parking is next to impossible if you run at night and need a bathroom. Where they are getting the steering wheel holders of today is beyond me. They ride up the road, feet on the dash barefoot, laptops playing movies on the dash in front of them, drifting from lane to lane, blinding light bars on the bumpers and roofs and they even crawl through the scales like that and are never bothered.

I pass my eye exam at the DL office reading the 20/15 line, yet at one of these roadside medical stands they use some 100 year old technology for the eye test and they tell me I can't see the 20/50 line. My regular doc says my BP is great and my BMI is fine. The roadside medical stand doc? says my BP exceeds what is in the DOT (Down On Truckers) guidelines. Therefore they will only grant me a 1 year certificate.

I work for a great company, drive first class equipment, basically run my own operation, top pay, yet I just feel that before someone succeeds in killing me, I want to live out the rest of my life in peace.
I miss the lockdown. That was nice.

Upvote 0

389 Hood

Premium
Nov 17, 2019
It was nice. The roads were empty and because I serve the private aviation industry, I was still humming along just fine. Now they want to let the stupid cruise ship operate again. I'll never get to the loading facility during the daytime. I switched over to running at night. I like it a lot better.

Upvote 0

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Mar 19, 2009
Lost.
Upvote 0

Sinister

pari animositate
Premium
Mar 19, 2009
Lost.
Run that SOB out of office. He's an embarrassment to the working man.
It's probably dead already. It was introduced in the 116th Congress. We are currently I'm the 117th and they're busy blabbing about many other things to destroy society with.

Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread