Truck parking at the home 20.

I don't know... but I'm kind of thinking like I might have kept all that stuff under wraps.....

Maybe that's just me not wanting to air my dirty laundry or dig up old bones... especially in a place where I do not know anyone personally.....

I know we all have secrets and regrets, but I prefer to keep them in the past.

No judgement here... just not MY style I guess....lest information that is NOT pertinent to my day to day life or my immediate future comes back to bite me in the azz...

Tangible personal property is everything other than real estate that is used in a business or rental property. Examples of tangible personal property are computers, furniture, tools, machinery, signs, equipment, leasehold improvements, supplies, and leased equipment.

Conversion is a tort that exposes you to liability for damages in a civil lawsuit. It applies when someone intentionally interferes with personal property belonging to another person. To make out a conversion claim, a plaintiff must establish four elements:

• First, that the plaintiff owns or has the right to possess the personal property in question at the time of the interference;
  • Second, that the defendant intentionally interfered with the plaintiff's personal property (sometimes also described as exercising "dominion and control" over it);
  • Third, that the interference deprived the plaintiff of possession or use of the personal property in question; and
  • Fourth, that the interference caused damages to the plaintiff.

The driveway might belong to him, but the street doesn't. All the city has to do is pay some engineer a few bucks to say the street is not engineered for anything over, say, 10,000 pounds. He won't be allowed to drive it on the street leading to his driveway.

And unfortunately, cities, townships and even HOAs are allowed to restrict what you may or may not have on your property. I lived in one township in Michigan where you weren't allowed to put up a tent in your back yard so the kids could "camp" for the night like I did when I was a snot-nose. Oh, and commercial vehicles were prohibited as well.

The due process is followed when the ordinance is being discussed, the public is allowed to weigh in and then city council votes on it. After it becomes an ordinance, it carries the weight of law just as if it came from the State or the federal government.

As for the fink who took the picture and whined to the city...get some skunk musk, axle grease and a paintball gun and have a day.

The driveway might belong to him, but the street doesn't. All the city has to do is pay some engineer a few bucks to say the street is not engineered for anything over, say, 10,000 pounds. He won't be allowed to drive it on the street leading to his driveway.

And unfortunately, cities, townships and even HOAs are allowed to restrict what you may or may not have on your property. I lived in one township in Michigan where you weren't allowed to put up a tent in your back yard so the kids could "camp" for the night like I did when I was a snot-nose. Oh, and commercial vehicles were prohibited as well.

The due process is followed when the ordinance is being discussed, the public is allowed to weigh in and then city council votes on it. After it becomes an ordinance, it carries the weight of law just as if it came from the State or the federal government.

As for the fink who took the picture and whined to the city...get some skunk musk, axle grease and a paintball gun and have a day.
thank you, maybe somebody finally got thru to her and her BS...

So what do we do about easement laws....As tax payers pay taxes for said streets. City ordinances have to stay within the state and federal laws. Remember cities can write and vote on ordinances but that does not make that a state or federal law as it is only within there chapter they filed for.

Hot tare and a good feather job would due more to serve justice on those that violate other peoples rights to there own property!!!!

I come by it naturally....A good cut of cloth...I am a rebel at heart and feisty too boot. Think you shall find "Big white feathers speaks with forked tongue." It was true back then and it true in today's world. Violation of your rights is where it all starts.

So what do we do about easement laws....As tax payers pay taxes for said streets. City ordinances have to stay within the state and federal laws. Remember cities can write and vote on ordinances but that does not make that a state or federal law as it is only within there chapter they filed for.

Hot tare and a good feather job would due more to serve justice on those that violate other peoples rights to there own property!!!!
People are kinda funny when it come to trucks. They are okay when they need them and when they deliver but, Other than that no one wants them around.
It is a big NIMBY thing.
I am a truck driver and I don't want trucks on my street and the reason I don't want trucks on my street is because it is a no truck route. And the reason it is a no truck route is because there is a bridge that nobody notices on my street that is not built for trucks.

Trucks still come down this road and that is fine for out the area trucks that may not know it is a no truck route. However it, is usually the local trucks that should know better that are jake braking, blowing the air horn.
Local container haulers should know better and yet we are hearing the container bouncing on the chassis as it goes through the intersection well above the speed limit.

You're absolutely right. City ordinances are enforceable only within the city limits.

If localities are not allowed to create ordinances specific to the locality, how do you explain zoning, yard maintenace rules and limits on how many dogs and derilict cars allowed on a person's property? How would cities be allowed to put the screws to the guy who hasn't gotten rid of any trash during the last five years and now his neighbors are infested with mice and cockroaches, not to mention the nauseating smell coming from his property. These are functions of city governments.

Do I believe some localities take it too far? Yes. Absolutely. But if restrictions on trucks and RVs are part of city ordinances, the only way to change it is to change the ordinance through the same means it was adopted in the first place. It sucks, but it's facts.

I do not live in a jet set country club neighborhood....I live in a area that is zoned commercial industry. Outer edge of town.
Years ago when first moved here had a complaining old blister who thought she run the neighborhood and she run to the city and file a complaint. Is not a neighbor or business she not filed on yet.
In my case what was at stake was a double wide mobile home, and the campers along with two field tractors...Now just imagine what a fine price these items would have brought at public auction for the city fathers. None were ever parked on the street.
I did not roll over and play dead.....I hit the books and fought back. Kept what was rightfully mine.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right. City ordinances are enforceable only within the city limits.

If localities are not allowed to create ordinances specific to the locality, how do you explain zoning, yard maintenace rules and limits on how many dogs and derilict cars allowed on a person's property? How would cities be allowed to put the screws to the guy who hasn't gotten rid of any trash during the last five years and now his neighbors are infested with mice and cockroaches, not to mention the nauseating smell coming from his property. These are functions of city governments.

Do I believe some localities take it too far? Yes. Absolutely. But if restrictions on trucks and RVs are part of city ordinances, the only way to change it is to change the ordinance through the same means it was adopted in the first place. It sucks, but it's facts.

The roaches and mice along with trash would fall under health department issues here.

Odd you mention Dogs and cats...City fathers here just past a ordinance here that all animals have to be neutered or spray. Only one per house hold. Any one with more than one has to purchase a $350.00 permit per animal.

Yet we have bear, skunks, raccoons, deer, elk, foxes, you name it wondering the streets here.

"Do I believe some localities take it too far? Yes. Absolutely."
I whole hearty agree with you!!!

People are kinda funny when it come to trucks. They are okay when they need them and when they deliver but, Other than that no one wants them around.
It is a big NIMBY thing.
I am a truck driver and I don't want trucks on my street and the reason I don't want trucks on my street is because it is a no truck route. And the reason it is a no truck route is because there is a bridge that nobody notices on my street that is not built for trucks.

Trucks still come down this road and that is fine for out the area trucks that may not know it is a no truck route. However it, is usually the local trucks that should know better that are jake braking, blowing the air horn.
Local container haulers should know better and yet we are hearing the container bouncing on the chassis as it goes through the intersection well above the speed limit.

Then I must be one heck of a funny person when it comes to those trucks.....Cause if it were not for the trucks and drivers coming into my area...I have no supplies to buy. This place is dependent on truckers. Rail system no longer deliver here.

I can well understand the bridge part and the weight deal...Sure hope your not one of those people who run out the door snap a picture and run and complain.

I have a trucking company right down the road from my place. I known the man for years....Enjoy watching him come and go....He been a good neighbor for many a year now.

Thats screwd up dude...

My question @SaddleTramp is where did ya leave the trailer...

Mustve been local based company...

When I drove for a place within say within a couple hours from my house Id just leave it at the terminal and drive home in my pickup...

Now carriers based several states away Id just dump it at the TA on Russel Road get me a ride into town...

Now thats cool for a like couple days on regional and nobody noticed...

Now over the road and stay out 3/4/5 weeks a stretch then take an entire week off I would drive up there about every other day and move it from one side of the lot to the other so it wasnt just stagnant sitting in one place where it was noticeable..
OTR, no more Calif. Trailer gets dropped nearby but now have to stay hooked, was for a few years easier to bobtail home. Oh well, not my first rodeo with trucks and neighbors.

....parking Trucks. But this is no Truck. Its a tractor whoms purpose is to pull trailers. of course this could be a commercial trailer,but also a RV,and as long as no Trailer is hooked up no one can say its (only) for Commercial Purpose. i would talk to a solicitor.
A re post from page 1:
So this is what the city left me to read today:
SECTION 601.20.01 – PARKING OF COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, TRAILERS AND RECREATIONAL VEHICLES IN RESIDENTIAL ZONES

A. Definitions

For the purposes of this section, the following definitions shall apply:

Commercial vehicle:

A vehicle with or without its own motive power, with a chassis rated at more than one (1) ton or dimensionsexceeding twenty (20) feet in total length or eight (8) feet in width orseven (7) feet in height; and customarily used as a part of a business for the transportation ofgoods or people. This definition shall also include the following vehicles:

(1) Dump trucks, trash haulers,bulldozers and other earth haulers or excavation equipment

(2) Trucks or buses used in interstate or intrastate commerce

(3) Vans of greater than one (1) tonload-carrying capacity

(4) School or church buses or vans of greater than one (1) ton load-carrying capacity

(5) Street sweepers and vehicle-mounted vacuum devices intended for the cleaning of streets or parking lots.

(6) Agricultural equipment.
The End

I guess I'm lucky since I can park my rig at my mechanic's shop for free. (He gets enough off of me in work....) But when I do take the tractor home, I'm not too worried. I've got 3 city cops that live in my neighborhood. My next door neighbor drives for UPS and the one across the street is a school janitor with a race car. House on my other side is empty. Nobody complains but I'm also considerate in that I try to be as quiet as I can be and pick my time to leave or arrive home so as not to disturb them. PLUS I also live exactly 1 mile off a truck route and isn't there some law about how far we can go off route to reach a domicile?

I bet the one who called is the one that's tired of hearing a very loud diesel early in the morning/hours of the night. We're all used to it since we practically live in them but a nice quiet suburban neighborhood can be rocked by the sound of the engine alone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread