Truck Driving Songs

R

Rocky

What are some of your favorite truck driving songs to listen to when you're out on the road?

I love the classics such as:
Giddyup Go
Phantom 309
Convoy
Teddy Bear
Little Joe
East Bound and Down
Roll On (Eighteen Wheeler)
Papa Loved Mama
Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses

Convoy is one of my favorites. Another one is "East bound and Down" from Smokey and the Bandit :)

Just curious....

Do you guys still listen to truck driving songs while driving or have you tended to get into the modern society of just whats "on the radio"?

I still listen to the trucking songs, but also spend alot of time listening to the trucking shows, and other talk shows on Satellite radio.

I don't think I could live without satellite radio anymore. :)

I think that the old trucking songs give you a boost of energy and just plain make you feel good. Gives you back the "reason" for driving and gives you the will to go on :)

I love Roll On! My husband is actually the Truck Driver and he has XM Radio but tends to keep it on the older stations. He loves the classics. It really depends on what mood he is in.

Convoy (obviously)
The wonderful Jerry Reid and "Long Way To Go"
And now for the not-so-obvious......"Freebird" by Skynard

I'm going to go with Convoy and Roam by Metallica...Ok, I'll admit it...I was a teenager for part of the 1980's!

what about the roadhammers ? man they've got some good songs out there -- i guess my favorite is "cheap truckers speed" it's hilarious

I always thought classic rock would be good to listen to on the road. I like listening to it on road trips.

Hmm, I seem to have lost touch with alot of the old music we use to listen to. I stay tuned to Sirius 147 and 103 all the time. I love keeping up with the latest truckers news, as you can see at blog, and that blue collar comedy keeps me spilling my coffee:D

I went through the list here and burned a cd for hubby called "All Time Best Trucker Songs". He loved it.

What are some of your favorite truck driving songs to listen to when you're out on the road?

I love the classics such as:
Giddyup Go
Phantom 309
Convoy
Teddy Bear
Little Joe
East Bound and Down
Roll On (Eighteen Wheeler)
Papa Loved Mama
Eighteen Wheels and a Dozen Roses

All of those are great songs. I want to add "How Fast Then Trucks Can Go" by my friend Claude Grey!

Those classic trucking songs inspired me to write and record trucking songs myself. It's like them ol' cheating and drinking songs of the 70's. Classics never die!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread