Trucking News: Truck driver in Chattanooga starts trial

Tazz

Infidel
UPDATE: Day 1 of truck driver Benjamin Brewer's trial is complete

A tearful testimony came from witness Tina Close as she described dealing with the emotional impact of the crash more than two years later.

“There was a semi coming behind us in our lane very fast,” Close said.

Other witnesses described seeing Brewer driving recklessly before the crash

“I tried to catch him," witness Curtis Caulder said. "I was wanting to call his company to let them know how he was driving his truck, tailgating people and driving way over the posted speed limit."

The defense tried to poke holes in Caulder’s testimony, saying his account doesn’t match his previous statements.

The case hinges on whether or not Brewer was high on meth at the time of the crash. Prosecutors say he was, but the defense says something else caused the crash.

“The most likely and sensible explanation for this accident is that Benjamin Brewer dozed off behind the wheel,” Defense Attorney Erinn O’Leary said during opening statements.

How ****** do you have to be that "I dozed off" is your best defense. Legal documents say that the scumbag had meth in his system. Hope they give the **** the needle.

Meth was probably it, but my brother in law wrecked because he dozed off. It was pretty nasty. Shattered his arm and everything. He went off the road though and no one else was involved. He didn't even realize he had fallen asleep.

His original testimony was he saw the brake lights and couldn't stop. Sounds awake to me.

There are a bunch of idiots that run up that stretch driving like they want to die.

Whatever happened to the nutcase who was driving around recording video of trucks and trying to sell the videos to the carriers? Last I heard he was in jail for shooting a handgun at a truck.

Whatever happened to the nutcase who was driving around recording video of trucks and trying to sell the videos to the carriers? Last I heard he was in jail for shooting a handgun at a truck.

Volpe.
3rd eye something or other.
He never went to jail.
He got 1 year of supervised probation.

I hope he shoots his pinky toe off!
😠

There was a psycho in Iowa recently shooting at trucks. One trucker was quick enough to trap him and wait for the troopers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread