Truck/Amtrak collision in Nevada

You know, if someone wants to take their own life, that's one thing but it's not right to kill other people in the process...Those people didn't have a choice , someone made it for them...

I know it.I heard this tday and the trk driver did'nt even slow down according to eye wittnesses.
You know, if someone wants to take their own life, that's one thing but it's not right to kill other people in the process...Those people didn't have a choice , someone made it for them...

The story I saw said 5 dead including the driver. If it was suicide it was an innovative way to do it.I'm thinkin dozin.

How sad and tragic the events that have occurred. Just another reason for Big Bro to look down on us drivers....more laws and regs to come.

This is very sad but sometimes we do not realize how short life can be for some. Very sad and may those who died RIP.

The story I saw said 5 dead including the driver. If it was suicide it was an innovative way to do it.I'm thinkin dozin.

I agree, he was probably getting a bit drowsy, dozed for a few seconds and awoke to a train at his twelve o'clock making it too late to stop. I read the story on Foxnews and some of the comments make you want to run every armchair driver into the ditch and up a large oak tree.

Fatigue will get you in trouble. I was coming out of Dayton the other night tired as hell. My eyes starting doing wierd things which prompted me to pull over and snooze for an hour. That hour made me feel like a new man and also got me home safely.

Interesting how the news media can't get all the facts straight.

I heard one news report that said the truck driver and a train employee were killed, and 20 or so others were injured.

Another report said that the accident killed the truck driver a railroad employee and a dozen passengers.

Still another report claimed the truck driver was fatigued or under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.

Even the news item quoted by Rebel is unclear about all the facts and details.

What a great way to get the news. In bits and pieces, and not a single source really knows what really happened, except that there was indeed and accident involving a semi truck and a passenger train. Truly a tragic accident.

I did some web crawling on this news story and found all kinds of differing reports. Some even suspect terrorism.

View attachment 13161
View attachment 13161

Interesting how the news media can't get all the facts straight.

I heard one news report that said the truck driver and a train employee were killed, and 20 or so others were injured.

Another report said that the accident killed the truck driver a railroad employee and a dozen passengers.

Still another report claimed the truck driver was fatigued or under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.

Even the news item quoted by Rebel is unclear about all the facts and details.

What a great way to get the news. In bits and pieces, and not a single source really knows what really happened, except that there was indeed and accident involving a semi truck and a passenger train. Truly a tragic accident.

I did some web crawling on this news story and found all kinds of differing reports. Some even suspect terrorism.

View attachment 13162
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is one horrific accident.Terrorism sounds logical.I would'nt be a bit surprised.
View attachment 13162

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread