Truck Accident

Cerberus

In God We Trust
We saw this on SR 19 in west virginia yesterday. It was on a down hill and it looks as if he just lost control.
View attachment 21View attachment 22

We saw this on SR 19 in west virginia yesterday. It was on a down hill and it looks as if he just lost control.

well i have been through west virgina, but not that particular highway. it does look like most of the roads i WAS ON, and that mountainous. he may have even fallen asleep. looked like early morning when you took the photo, so it probably happend in the "wee hours"........??

I cannot really tell from the pictures, but it looks like maybe it might have been a little slick maybe when the accident occurred.

I have been across 19 a few times, along time ago...I don't miss it :D

the photo was taken in the afternoon hours and it was in the mid 50's. pretty warm for this time of year.

im on 19 right now in wv and let me say its scareing me.never in my life seen so many mountains with curves...luckly no accidents...but it is a pretty day with snow everywhere.

19 is fun. i'm thinking you are talking that really big downslope where the view over the country side is really pretty. wv virginia had to have been drunk when they made there roads cause all 77, 79, and 19 do is up and down and curves on top of curves on a downgrade over a bridge.

speaking of 19, after you cross the really long bridge (nb) there is a scenic over look that is really cool. i stopped last time thru there and got some really cool pics.

well with me being a team mate my partner doesnt like to stop anywhere.but i must admit when my eyes were open there were some gorgeous places.

thats why i couldn't run teams. i like to be able to stop and see the sites when i want. most of the pics i got though are while the vehicle is moving.

another reason for me to not team is what I seen happen at the T/A in Terrell, Texas last week.

I was sliding my axles so I could go reweigh and hard a huge "crunch". I damn near fell out of the truck in fear that someone drove up behind me while I was moving backwards, LOL.

I get out and look over on the next row of trucks, just in front of all the idle-air spaces, and see that a big crane truck just tried to do a turnaround and put the crane right through the top bunk of someones truck. Weird stuff.

and see that a big crane truck just tried to do a turnaround and put the crane right through the top bunk of someones truck. Weird stuff.

You should have gotten a picture of that......I too hope there was no one in the top bunk...or the truck for that matter..

I wonder if that crane company needs a driver now? LOL!:biglaugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread