New To Trucking Tricks of the Trade

Injun

Rabid Squaw
Premium
This thread is where we can post little tip tricks that can prevent stupid mishaps or just make your life easier.

There is a ton of experience on this forum. We can offer it to our new members here.

(there might have been a similar thread somewhere, but I can't find it)

And the lube that you use?
Currently?

BA14217E-4884-4914-83DC-EB5AF3CEC7D2.jpeg
I’ve used about everything, any oil works but I like this the best so far. My binders are almost wet but the work easy. Guys always comment when they’re helping me on the way my binders work vs the other driver. I also on occasion take them apart and clean them up real good.

They look dry, this is the first day since Thursday they have not been road washed
That’s my point, spray them right before you use them and you won’t need the bar. My get that way this time of year. My binders stay in the elements and sometimes I’ll go a week without using them and they’ll be dry. Soon as I grab them I spray them and they work fine. The inside of the barrel is still lubed.

That’s my point, spray them right before you use them and you won’t need the bar. My get that way this time of year. My binders stay in the elements and sometimes I’ll go a week without using them and they’ll be dry. Soon as I grab them I spray them and they work fine. The inside of the barrel is still lubed.
First they were put on that load on Thursday in Kent Washington. I'm now in Kansas City

I've been driving in winter weather since then with the threads exposed.

My binders are stored screwed in in an enclosed box out of the elements. They are sprayed with a similar film every time they are put away before being screwed in.

Load was not "just secured". That was done four days ago in the rain.

This is the first time I've had a chance to take a picture without rain or a wet trailer.

Currently?

View attachment 58478
I’ve used about everything, any oil works but I like this the best so far. My binders are almost wet but the work easy. Guys always comment when they’re helping me on the way my binders work vs the other driver. I also on occasion take them apart and clean them up real good.
Best lube you can buy but in cold temps it won't spray.

For you new flatbed drivers here is the Full long Roll up of a 8' drop lumber tarp.

I use to have a shorter faster version I knew of. If i get the time to drag my tarps out and roll one up. to show a shorter version of this video.

Remember to pull it off the load with the D-rings facing the sky. Also if your in a windy environment roll up the tarps as fast as possible to put on your deck. if you dont have time to roll them at a specific location. If you have the time after find a place like a walmart back parking lot or home depot side parking lot. use the buildings to block the wind and lay your tarps on asphalt then start the roll process.

In a windy situation place the tarps on the oppsosite side of the truck. attach the tarp to the rub rail with more than 3 bungee's to hold it so it doesnt fly away while on the gound.

Never hold or try the control a tarp that has been picked up by the wind and is going to snap the end it will mess you up if you hold on to the tarp.

This attached video is just a basic roll method of lumber tarps.

I have done it with different folds of the wings to make it faster to roll up. When your limited on time and space you learn to do things a bit faster. example in this video he shows at the end dragging the folded tarp 1/4 to half the distance of the entire tarp. to save on rolling the entire Tarp from end to end.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread