Trend in commercials

Here's another one a little off the topic. Go into Petro or TA and look at the menu. You will see Burger this and Burger that but you won't see Hamburger. Why you ask? Because, you can't call it a Hamburger unless it's made of 100% ground beef.

I had it out with a manager once and we both went out back and his jaw hit the ground when he looked at the ingredients.

Go into Denny's and you can get a real Hamburger!

Since I've gone to a digital camera years ago you tend to snap a pic of everything then copy to disk. I have hundreds and hundreds of directories containing hundreds of crap pics. It takes more time to delete the crap pictures since I have a 5 terabyte backup drive.

I'll try to figure out when she came to visit then do a search of pics on those dates instead.

Commercials have always been like that....I remember the cigarette ads on TV when I was a kid, I actually thought, when I was little that you couldn't be a "cool guy" or a "rough, tough cowboy" if you didn't smoke cigarettes and that the absolute "coolest, rough, tough cowboys smoked Marlboro's.

I started smoking when I was 8 years old...I quit when I was 16 years old and was smart enough to realize that the only thing that makes you cool or tough or whatever it is that you want to be is to just be who you are and let the chips fall where they fall.

Life is much less complicated when you don't buy into other peoples bullshit.[/quote]

Except when they bag it and market it as "Miracle Grow".:biglaugh:

I thought it was named after people. Remember that old Saturday Night episode? The Duke and Duchess of Douch Bag and the Earl of Sandwich. Along those same lines.

I thought it was named after people. Remember that old Saturday Night episode? The Duke and Duchess of Douch Bag and the Earl of Sandwich. Along those same lines.
I'm just wondering how Americans managed to change "Frankfurter" to "hot dog". :rolllaugh:

I'm just wondering how Americans managed to change "Frankfurter" to "hot dog". :rolllaugh:
It was during WWI I believe... hamburgers were called "liberty sausage" and sauerkraut was called "liberty cabbage"... etc... I think we must have changed the name during those times because of our hatred for the Germans.

Sent from the cutting edge of my Droid RAZR MAXX

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread