Transport Capital Partners survey indicates end of the recession may be near

Mike

NASHVILLE—According to the results of a recent quarterly survey from Transport Capital Partners, it appears that a “bottom” has been reached in the trucking industry.

This takeaway is gleaned from data TCP culled on various metrics, including the economy, freight rates, and business volumes, among others.

In its data, TCP found that 60 percent of the roughly 100 trucking executives it surveyed stated that they expect the economy will turn and freight rates will begin to increase in the next three-to-12 months, with slightly more than one-third saying it will take longer at 13-to-24 months.

Other significant findings included:

• more than 55 percent of carriers expect business volumes to increase compared to 21 percent in February and 37 percent in April, with 8 percent expecting a decrease;
  • 39 percent expect freight rates to increase in the next in the next 12 months compared to 38 percent in its previous quarterly survey; and
  • 13 percent expect freight rates to decrease compared to 58 percent two quarters ago, and freight rates over the last three months fell 5 percent or less for roughly half the carriers surveyed.
Full Story

And they likely won't. This won't happen until a big fight is brought to the Government in regards to subsidization to large companies.

I was looking at GetLoad's testdemo deal and they had a load going 86 miles paying $200 that comes out to 2.33 a mile. That sounds nice but I'm sure they make it look nice on the demo to make you sign up and then be in a big surprise when you see how cheap freight really is. Plus this was for IL and there was more trucks than freight. There was like 78 loads to 220 trucks.

And think about that load. First, assuming you are in the area, you have to go to the location to load it. If you are lucky, by the time you seen that load that morning, to the time you go there and got it loaded, you would only burn up half a day. Then, figure two hours to get the load where it is going, and two hours to get it unloaded (assuming the receiver is kind enough to unload it that day).

As far as I am concerned, a driver lost money on that load.

And think about that load. First, assuming you are in the area, you have to go to the location to load it. If you are lucky, by the time you seen that load that morning, to the time you go there and got it loaded, you would only burn up half a day. Then, figure two hours to get the load where it is going, and two hours to get it unloaded (assuming the receiver is kind enough to unload it that day).

As far as I am concerned, a driver lost money on that load.

Exactly! God forbid don't hope that someone under bidded you and when you get there you find out the load is gone! Then you done wasted all the fuel for nothing. If I was to book loads for myself I would make sure I was in the area not hours away if I could help it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread