TransAm Trucking

TJGoSurf

When I first started with TransAm we always had freight. Now more and more I am pulling broker loads, which require me to do the work of a dispatcher. Since the beginning of this year the company has gone downhill more and more. And I am waiting on loads more and more. I am unsure what the problem is because they don't tell me, I hear no, no everything is fine. You're just in a bad area. I would not recommend this company to anyone, with the way I have been jerked around a new person to trucking would think this is how every company goes. Don't believe, don't even talk to them.

Broker loads are when TA doesnt have a load for you, they call a broker and get one. They send you the brokers info, you have to call, get directions to pick up, delivery, time of delivery, and pick up number.

Do they pay you extra for doing all the logistical work? Or are they telling you to shut and be happy you have a load to pull? Well I got a load to dump, it ain't in a big truck. If'in you know what I mean! LOL

Extra Pay???

Do you think they pay you extra? :)

Even if you got paid extra, it wouldn't be worth it. Somehow they always manage to keep half your check tied up in reimbursement. The lumpers fee, however inflated, is paid through a com check. That amount is deducted from your check. Although, they do reimburse you, it doesn't matter because, the following week half your check is tied up once again. Expect to be down for 2 to 3 days at a time, trying to get loaded or unloaded, in some mud waller of a meat distributers lot.

The final shot was when they sent my husband to a Sap Bros truck stop. He pulled in behind all of the other trucks. He thought it was business as usual. It wasn't. Seems, all they had except for one pump was bio diesel. When he went inside to make payment, there was a holdup. Transam actually made him pump all of that bio diesel fuel back out. He was left in the middle of the truckstop trying to sell the fuel to someone else. Then the full amount of the fuel was deducted from his check.

The truckstop didn't have the lanes labled. I have never seen any driver pull into a truckstop, get out of his truck, and check each fuel lane to decide which one to pull into. On top of everything else, they pay shortest miles.

They are another company that gets money for taking new drivers. Keep that fed money comin'

The final shot was when they sent my husband to a Sap Bros truck stop. He pulled in behind all of the other trucks. He thought it was business as usual. It wasn't. Seems, all they had except for one pump was bio diesel. When he went inside to make payment, there was a holdup. Transam actually made him pump all of that bio diesel fuel back out. He was left in the middle of the truckstop trying to sell the fuel to someone else. Then the full amount of the fuel was deducted from his check.

The truckstop didn't have the lanes labled.
I can see how that would really **** someone off. Plenty of hassles out there for a driver without having to deal with something like this.

I WORKED FOR TRANS AM ABOUT 9 YEARS AGO , I WAS HURT ON THE JOB SPRAINED MY ANKLE THEY WOULDNT HELP ME AT ALL. I HAD TO CALL A CAB TO GO TO THE ER, THEN AFTER I COULDNT WALK THEY WANTED ME TO UNLOAD ALL MY STUFF OUT OF MY TRUCK AND TAKE A CAB TO THE BUS STATION AND TAKE A BUS HOME 1200MILES WITH A BUSTED ANKLE , IMPOSIBLE, I DROVE THE TRUCK HOME WITH ONE FOOT AND CALLED MY ATTORNEY, EVEN AFTER THE DOC CALLED THEM FROM THE ER AND TOLD THEM I COULDNT WORK THEY WOULDNT HELP ME , I ASKED THEM TO SEND A TRUCK BY TO TAKE ME TO THE TERMINAL AND THEY REFUSED I WAS 200 MILES FROM TERMINAL WHAT A JOKE,,, I WOULDNT WORK FOR THEM IF THEY WHERE THE LAST TRUCKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.

I WORKED FOR TRANS AM ABOUT 9 YEARS AGO , I WAS HURT ON THE JOB SPRAINED MY ANKLE THEY WOULDNT HELP ME AT ALL. I HAD TO CALL A CAB TO GO TO THE ER, THEN AFTER I COULDNT WALK THEY WANTED ME TO UNLOAD ALL MY STUFF OUT OF MY TRUCK AND TAKE A CAB TO THE BUS STATION AND TAKE A BUS HOME 1200MILES WITH A BUSTED ANKLE , IMPOSIBLE, I DROVE THE TRUCK HOME WITH ONE FOOT AND CALLED MY ATTORNEY, EVEN AFTER THE DOC CALLED THEM FROM THE ER AND TOLD THEM I COULDNT WORK THEY WOULDNT HELP ME , I ASKED THEM TO SEND A TRUCK BY TO TAKE ME TO THE TERMINAL AND THEY REFUSED I WAS 200 MILES FROM TERMINAL WHAT A JOKE,,, I WOULDNT WORK FOR THEM IF THEY WHERE THE LAST TRUCKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.

If you crave excitement they'll hook you right up. :OD Did your attorney ever get you any help?

I am still talking with this company. How does taking broker loads work? How does Tran-Am get their payments?
I was just terminated by TransAm as I had 3 "accidents" within my first two month period (the limit is 2 per 3 years). All resulted in no fines, no tickets, no citations.
They warned me after the first 2 so I can't argue. All involved me hitting a parked vehicle or its trailer.

While there, I was part of the FAC fleet out of Rockey Mount, NC. We had plenty of
loads. I only had one Sunday where I sat, but even then, the dispatcher eventually
found me a load.

Yes, I was mad about being fired, but it was my own dang fault. I felt that they were fair and I stayed plenty busy. Good runs to Mass, Texas, Chicago, the Southeast, etc. I believe they are worth your consideration.

i was a lease op for trans am. after complaining about sitting far too much and not getting the miles they verbally promised me, i put in my 2 week notice and came home 2 days later. i told them i would go back out and run the rest of my 2 weeks but only locally since it was my contract to make my truck available from time to time according to my lease. after 2 days home they sent a tow truck to my house to recover my truck because i wouldnt run my ass off and let them keep all the money from my l;ast settlements. i went to another company only to find out that TA put on my DAC and OEVS that I had been discharged. The day that they took my truck I was about 725 in the hole but the following week i ran 3500 miles which was more than enough to bring me out of the hole, pay for the truck for the next week and they still owed me money. They told me because I wasnt willing to drive cross country I was in violation of my lease and they had the right to recover my truck that day. Even though the next friday i was out of the hole. Now i am unhirable because of my DAC. In the morning I am getting an attorney. Any other lease ops had problems let me know, this would be a great time for a class action suit.

When I first started with TransAm we always had freight. Now more and more I am pulling broker loads, which require me to do the work of a dispatcher. Since the beginning of this year the company has gone downhill more and more. And I am waiting on loads more and more. I am unsure what the problem is because they don't tell me, I hear no, no everything is fine. You're just in a bad area. I would not recommend this company to anyone, with the way I have been jerked around a new person to trucking would think this is how every company goes. Don't believe, don't even talk to them.
Alot of companies do that,the dispatcher says nothing is wrong,you're just in a bad area,ect. They won't tell you the real reason.I've been pulling alot of broker loads as well.My personal opinion I don't think Trans Am is going under.They're a huge company.Maybe it's just all the drivers they hire each week therefore they don't have enough freight to keep the other drivers happy.This is what I don't understand why companies keep hireing drivers when they don't have enough freight for the other drivers.

This is what I don't understand why companies keep hiring drivers when they don't have enough freight for the other drivers.

I have nothing constructive to add about Trans AM.

But my company is kinda like a seasonal outfit. We haul bulk materials cement, fly ash, grancem, etc. all bulk for construction and cement plants. So in the late fall and winter time it gets really slow around here.
Some of our drivers don't save money for the slow down, and they end up quitting or they can't handle the MANY hours we put in when we are busy.

Anyway, my company is STILL hiring drivers and it is slowing way down and will soon be almost stopped for the year.

I recently asked to be laid off....My company offers a $400.00 wk guarantee unemployment benies are around the same maybe a little less but I would not have to sit around waiting on a load. My response was why we are hiring 2 more drivers this week.
I said why? You don't have the work for drivers you have now. Again the response was well I need the empty trucks to have drivers in them for the spring time...:nono:
A driver will not stay with a company if he/she is sitting and not making any money.

more info

i was a lease op for trans am. after complaining about sitting far too much and not getting the miles they verbally promised me, i put in my 2 week notice and came home 2 days later. i told them i would go back out and run the rest of my 2 weeks but only locally since it was my contract to make my truck available from time to time according to my lease. after 2 days home they sent a tow truck to my house to recover my truck because i wouldnt run my ass off and let them keep all the money from my l;ast settlements. i went to another company only to find out that TA put on my DAC and OEVS that I had been discharged. The day that they took my truck I was about 725 in the hole but the following week i ran 3500 miles which was more than enough to bring me out of the hole, pay for the truck for the next week and they still owed me money. They told me because I wasnt willing to drive cross country I was in violation of my lease and they had the right to recover my truck that day. Even though the next friday i was out of the hole. Now i am unhirable because of my DAC. In the morning I am getting an attorney. Any other lease ops had problems let me know, this would be a great time for a class action suit.

I to was a driver for trans am and had to deal with the same s...! I think the research that i have already done may help. I also have atleast five other drivers that went through the same thing. Plus they put bad references on the DAC report for abandonment even though they turned there truck in in Olathe, ks. If interested then cantact me at [email protected]

dear trans am newbie....

run. run as far away as you can...they will talk you into leasing...bad idea...
yhen you will sit and sit and sit somemore ... youll make the truck payment but in the end youll make no money and then if you dont leave them exactly when and how they tell you, theyll **** your dac report up so no one else will hire you. oh ya and you think since youre leasing the truck that makes it yours???? wrong answer they tell you what and when to have done to it and then you get to pay for it....and when you do get your truck turned in the so called bonus you get will be wiped away by all the wear and tear theyll come up with. that company sucks and i wouldnt let my dead dog work there.

Anyone a recent company driver hire? I was thinking of this company but I dont want to waste my time if they will only offer lease after training. The site says they want company drivers and thats what I'm looking for. I got the pre hire just dont know if I should take it.

Anyone a recent company driver hire? I was thinking of this company but I dont want to waste my time if they will only offer lease after training. The site says they want company drivers and thats what I'm looking for. I got the pre hire just dont know if I should take it.
I have read several posts that say they only want Lease drivers.Even if they hire you as co driver,I have heard they do the old bait and switch."We don't have any trucks available at this time BUT we do have all these brand new trucks and we can lease you one today"
Be very careful around these folks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread