Tragedy

ironmanwife

Barn goddess
Little Johnny Meets Obama

President Obama was visiting a primary school and he visited one of the classes.
They were in the middle of a discussion related to words and their meanings. The teacher asked the President if he would like to lead the discussion on the word ‘tragedy’.

So our illustrious democrat President asked the class for an example of a 'tragedy'. One little boy stood up and offered: 'If my best friend, who lives on a farm, is playing in the field and a tractor runs over him and kills him, that would be a tragedy?'

'No,' said Obama, 'that would be an accident.'

A little girl raised her hand: 'If a school bus carrying 50 children drove a over a cliff, killing everyone inside, that would be a tragedy.' 'I'm afraid not,' explained Obama. 'That's what we would call great loss.'

The room went silent.. No other children volunteered. Obama searched the room. 'Isn't there someone here who can give me an example of a tragedy?'

Finally at the back of the room, Little Johnny raised his hand. In a quiet voice he said: 'If the plane carrying you and Mrs. Obama was struck by a 'friendly fire' missile and blown to
smithereens that would be a tragedy.'

'Fantastic!' exclaimed Obama. 'That's right. And can you tell me why that would be tragedy?'

'Well,' says the boy, 'It has to be a tragedy, because it certainly wouldn't be a great loss... and it probably wouldn't be an accident either.

That was a good one. I always wonder what "little Johnny" will grow up to be. :nod:

That was so good in fact, I did something I rarely do. That little joke is now on it's way around the world via my e-mail contact list.

No wheaties this morning.
Taking potshots at Presidents is an American pastime.
I've been pretty angry in the past with some, not entirely happy now.
With that said, First Ladies are occasionally ridiculed, never known any to be targets of assassination.
I guess that's what jolted me in the punchline.
Think I'm exaggerating?
OK, read "joke " again.
I just didn't find the subject matter of assassinating the Pres. and his wife funny, that's all.
Of course everybody's got different tastes.

Did someone **** in your wheaties this morning? chill dude...:count:

I tried too. But he had rice krispies this morning and that goes snap, crakle and pop are not allowed around my ding a ling.

No wheaties this morning.
Taking potshots at Presidents is an American pastime.
I've been pretty angry in the past with some, not entirely happy now.
With that said, First Ladies are occasionally ridiculed, never known any to be targets of assassination.
I guess that's what jolted me in the punchline.
Think I'm exaggerating?
OK, read "joke " again.
I just didn't find the subject matter of assassinating the Pres. and his wife funny, that's all.
Of course everybody's got different tastes.

I see life in general has finally gotten ahold of you. :whip:

Rebel..don't eat dill pickles for breakfast!!
It was once said that a black man would be president "when pigs fly" indeed 100 days into Obama's presidency....swine flu

It was once said that a black man would be president "when pigs fly" indeed 100 days into Obama's presidency....swine flu

OK, That was funny.

Yeah, my funny bone's been broken.
This unemployment situation is a real tragedy.
Similar to yours. Just read an email from one of my weekly job beggings.
After a month of BS he finally just came out and said, "We're not hiring anyone."
I've been jerked off more times than a massage parlor.
Ok, that's funny.

yes that was funny....

assanations/attempts have always been aimes at only the president.....but sadly today the person/group that attempts to sever the head of the Eagle will have no concern if the first Lady is accompany the Eagle or not. I don't care the party for the sake of our Nation I do not want to see this happen. Have lived it twice. Don't care to see it again.

Yeah, my funny bone's been broken.
This unemployment situation is a real tragedy.
Similar to yours. Just read an email from one of my weekly job beggings.
After a month of BS he finally just came out and said, "We're not hiring anyone."
I've been jerked off more times than a massage parlor.
Ok, that's funny.

I hear ya man. Its frustrating, really tests what sanity i have left. I just threw up a link about a job and seeing where your at , you might be close enough to apply. They are hiring in several diferent states mostly SE though. Check it out, see if your close.

Thanks, I'll see if there's one close.
Been looking for machinist's jobs mostly, but time is running short.

The one i posted was not listed anywheres. Had to do a little poking and prodding then i went to the computer to find it. :duckhunt:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread