Top flu expert warns of a swine flu-bird flu mix

Cybergal

Top flu expert warns of a swine flu-bird flu mix

MEXICO CITY – Bird flu kills more than 60 percent of its human victims, but doesn't easily pass from person to person. Swine flu can be spread with a sneeze or handshake, but kills only a small fraction of the people it infects.
So what happens if they mix?
This is the scenario that has some scientists worried: The two viruses meet — possibly in Asia, where bird flu is endemic — and combine into a new bug that is both highly contagious and lethal and can spread around the world.
Scientists are unsure how likely this possibility is, but note that the new swine flu strain — a never-before-seen mixture of pig, human and bird viruses — has shown itself to be especially adept at snatching evolutionarily advantageous genetic material from other flu viruses.
Top flu expert warns of a swine flu-bird flu mix - Yahoo! News

I wish they would just stop with this nonsense already!

What if they did?

And then a flu epidemic like 1918 hits. Then we can go after the government for not being proactive.

You cannot win when you deal with these things.

What if they did?

And then a flu epidemic like 1918 hits. Then we can go after the government for not being proactive.

You cannot win when you deal with these things.

Just checked the CDC.....Illinois and Wisconsin have the highest number of confirmed cases. But still to me it's just the normal flu and people die from the flu every year and what is the different between this and other flu? To me it's name and the way it's transmitted. The flu is the flu!

CDC H1N1 Flu | CDC H1N1 Flu Update: U.S. Human Cases of H1N1 Flu Infection

Don't get me wrong. I am not worried about it.

In 1976, I took the swine flu vaccine that the government pushed. It was supposed to be a big deal.

In 1918, the flu epidemic was nothing more than a general flu.

The worry about this flu is the fact that it comes after the season. Would not this indicate a possible bio attack?

At the least it does indicate a strain that is very different from the usual to be scary.

Don't get me wrong. I am not worried about it.

In 1976, I took the swine flu vaccine that the government pushed. It was supposed to be a big deal.

In 1918, the flu epidemic was nothing more than a general flu.

The worry about this flu is the fact that it comes after the season. Would not this indicate a possible bio attack?

At the least it does indicate a strain that is very different from the usual to be scary.

Now that is true and it very well could be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread