Top 4 "concerns" within the Trucking Industry....

Getfit Tommy

Highway Hero
According to the ATA and over 4000 "respondents" the ELD mandate has moved up to the 1st place contender, so, as of right now, it kinda goes like this:

!) ELD mandate

2) Hours of Service (which used to have the Championship belt)

3) Overregulation (are we being rhetorical here, or just playing with semantics?)

4) Lack of available Truck Parking

... personally, I think they got it wrong. I'll give my list later. I'll let the ATA and the ATRI execs enjoy their top placings for a while..... oh wait....I'm just a truckdriver.. WTH do I have to do with this?

According to the ATA and over 4000 "respondents" the ELD mandate has moved up to the 1st place contender, so, as of right now, it kinda goes like this:

!) ELD mandate

2) Hours of Service (which used to have the Championship belt)

3) Overregulation (are we being rhetorical here, or just playing with semantics?)

4) Lack of available Truck Parking

... personally, I think they got it wrong. I'll give my list later. I'll let the ATA and the ATRI execs enjoy their top placings for a while..... oh wait....I'm just a truckdriver.. WTH do I have to do with this?

you may still have many more years to go, before YOU retire.

some of us here, have retired, some of us are VERY NEAR retirement, and could give a flip.

the ONLY way to get things accomplished, is to get EVERYONE on board, like many of the European countries do, and ORGANIZE.

but that simply WILL NOT happen here in the states. when it comes right down to it, we as drivers, we as representatives of the industry, simply DO NOT band together, and frankly...never will. but we all get together and gripe and bitch about it all.

so to that, i say, good......ya'll deserve what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who, me?

I'm close, very close.

I don't post here to see who gives a shit....I could care less.

Either you want to discuss it or you dont..

"Organize"...yeah, we've been over that...ain't gonna happen

All we are really accomplishing is the exact opposite: Disorganization and Chaos....throw in some gasoline and a shit ton of cash and you nailed it

Stupid, costly choice of a life......

"Supertruckers"

I'm happy to say only HoS really gets me and that's rare and because of the ELD. I've had some almost-didn't-make-delivery-on-times because of that mandatory 30. However, that was bad planning in the company's part and/or unexpected delays.

As a day cabbie, I only need to find parking to use the bathroom. Overregulation is the company's problem, not mine. I just do my job within the parameters they set.

I'm happy to say only HoS really gets me and that's rare and because of the ELD. I've had some almost-didn't-make-delivery-on-times because of that mandatory 30. However, that was bad planning in the company's part and/or unexpected delays.

As a day cabbie, I only need to find parking to use the bathroom. Overregulation is the company's problem, not mine. I just do my job within the parameters they set.
Have you looked into the regs. You may be exempt being as you're loco
Local and go back to the yard at the end of your day.

I'm happy to say only HoS really gets me and that's rare and because of the ELD. I've had some almost-didn't-make-delivery-on-times because of that mandatory 30.

Ok so, either Ive been doin it illegally (possible), or you are taking your 30 exactly at the 8 hour mark..right?

I do the 30 at all random points of the 14...As long as my remaining clock will be 8 hours or less

Ok so, either Ive been doin it illegally (possible), or you are taking your 30 exactly at the 8 hour mark..right?

I do the 30 at all random points of the 14...As long as my remaining clock will be 8 hours or less
I do my 30 where it makes the most sense to do it, but the most recent example was back to back runs with a deadline that didn't allow for my detour around two wrecks and a 1 hour delay at the pickup gate.

I was hustling the entire time and had to finally pull off the road with 1 minute left on my 8 and shut it down about 10 miles from the customer. Still made it but I was jammin' the gears.

what i bolded...just ask Birch how he handles bathroom duties... i think it applies to day cabs as well.

In america any field that generates good revenue and provides Americans with a viable income is doomed. Our government regulates, taxes, and seems to do everything it can to make it nonprofitable. I've heard one of the presidential topics is the large gap between the poor and rich. That's why, large amounts of money makes large amounts of money and rhe government gets their cuts under the table. Us working class and our industry is regulated, taxef, fined, and choked so bad anymore that its a losing battle. Lost train of thought so I'm done.

In america any field that generates good revenue and provides Americans with a viable income is doomed.

Agreed!!!
I think in 20 years, to go where the money is will put you in any one of 10 countries....Parts of the US will become desolate and abandoned, like the ruins of Detroit, like old tucson!!! LOL..USA will be like Isreal...Iron Dome forcefield around it as the other countries will be doing ocean drive-bys and test launches our way as our defense budget will go titsup as tax revenue will be at its lowest...suicide bombers at olive garden...It think its gonna get bad, and never come back

The roarin 50's will never return....shame

Best to have our brains ready for some crazy changes before were done and gone...

Hell, I already almost took a 85 dollar an hour crane operator job in egypt.....I opted for ND, LOL...shoulda went to egypt

Agreed!!!
I think in 20 years, to go where the money is will put you in any one of 10 countries....Parts of the US will become desolate and abandoned, like the ruins of Detroit, like old tucson!!! LOL..USA will be like Isreal...Iron Dome forcefield around it as the other countries will be doing ocean drive-bys and test launches our way as our defense budget will go titsup as tax revenue will be at its lowest...suicide bombers at olive garden...It think its gonna get bad, and never come back

The roarin 50's will never return....shame

Best to have our brains ready for some crazy changes before were done and gone...

Hell, I already almost took a 85 dollar an hour crane operator job in egypt.....I opted for ND, LOL...shoulda went to egypt
Working in a foreign country sucks!
You always have to deal with protectionist assholes that can't or won't do the job you do, But still wan't to bitch about you getting the job done.

then why the posting.>?????
To give out information I've gathered and to share it?

You don't understand that I'm not here for a popularity contest? Really?

Does that mean that when you post, you want to see who agrees or disagrees with you as opposed to just throwing it out there?

I believe this is the first time I checked back on this post. I had actually forgotten about it... and I probably still will.

Problems?

Email me instead. Geez.

Nothing about driverless trucks taking jobs away in the next 10 years? The rest of those "top concerns" pale in comparison.

Nothing about driverless trucks taking jobs away in the next 10 years? The rest of those "top concerns" pale in comparison.
People HAVE to start calling them "drone trucks" instead of "driverless".

The general public is afraid of drones for some reason & we need to capitalize on that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread