Told Y'ALL!! wussies, lol MS updates.

quillcom

Now you know Microsoft will never flatly come out and say that "some" of their updates are unnecessary.

But in no uncertain terms they have acknowledged this to a degree. And in the newest flavor of WIN10 user will again have some control over their updates.....

"Microsoft is making changes because the update process has hit a number of snags recently.

and most notably late last year when Microsoft had to pull the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) because of a bug that deleted files;"

"Microsoft's corporate vice president of Windows Mike Fortin acknowledged that its Windows
update process can be "disruptive" and set out a number of changes to how updates will be delivered.

These will include giving users more control over when an update is installed, such as allowing them to block updates for up to 35 days."

"Microsoft will continue to tweak and adjust the way the updates are done, the tools that are used and the rules around those updates, he said."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.zd...0-updates-why-microsofts-battle-isnt-over-yet

Last edited:
i liked the old way, where I CAN SELECT what updates, I WANT, not what M$ says that i MUST HAVE.

if they go back to THAT way of updating, great. otherwise to delay an update for 35 days, just isn't cutting it for me.

Yeah the last update they did they wiped out a bunch of my stuff.
Also I am not sure what they did to my spellcheck it went from awesome to useless and now it is non-existant.

Yeah the last update they did they wiped out a bunch of my stuff.
Also I am not sure what they did to my spellcheck it went from awesome to useless and now it is non-existant.
that's cuz they have a USA, a Sudanese, and a Canadian update...

did you choose Sudanese instead of Canadian..?????

otherwise to delay an update for 35 days, just isn't cutting it for me.
Hell no, it's not cutting it for me either.

Thats why I just block all updates until my system or a program or two starts acting up then I will turn it back on with that little free GUI program that works fine.

When I offered to share the link to that software everybody ran with their tail between their legs, lol.

Suit yourselves.

I hate Solitaire in Windows 10- matter of fact I'm not fond of 10 in any way, shape or form. It sucks.
To read documents I've saved to a flash drive I have to register in the cloud- I don't think so Tim- ain't happening.

Did you sync them or something. Thats one of the reasons O do not even mess with the cloud.
No- I plugged the flash drive in and it won't read them unless I use MS office and in order to do that I have to register in the cloud- I down loaded a free very similar to word reader- it's a bit finnicky though- point being I ain't registering in a cloud- I'm too old to play BS games with educated beyond their intellect goof balls.

No- I plugged the flash drive in and it won't read them unless I use MS office and in order to do that I have to register in the cloud- I down loaded a free very similar to word reader- it's a bit finnicky though- point being I ain't registering in a cloud- I'm too old to play BS games with educated beyond their intellect goof balls.
The "cloud" acts like a hard drive hooked to your computer via internet connectivity. If you're paranoid about snooping, you can always encrypt your data. Many apps are accessed via cloud technology these days as well

The "cloud" acts like a hard drive hooked to your computer via internet connectivity. If you're paranoid about snooping, you can always encrypt your data. Many apps are accessed via cloud technology these days as well
I'll pass. Thanks anyway- like I said, I'm too old to play games with pin heads educated beyond their intellect- paranoia has very little to do with it and I don't do "apps" at all-

Seems like you have another issue. Try this old trick to read your files.

Interesting posts. Crazy how updates affect others and not you. I've had windows 10 since it came out. Have it on auto update at midnight when it does. Never even seen it update, never lost anything and never had an issue opening anything or problems at all. I don't like the cloud, shut it off the second windows 10 downloaded, never even let it start up. Have never needed it for any app. Some advice if you do use it, get a VPN, or your info is unsafe in the cloud. Ever heard of Wiki leaks. They steal from the cloud all the time. The safest hard drive is you own, not some cloud some were. Get a VPN.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread