• Hi Guest,
    Do you have a question specific to a particular company? If so, click here for our list of over 50 popular trucking companies. Don't see the company listed? Post your question in our General Trucking Forum for all of our members to see, and we will consider adding a forum specifically for the company you mention.

TMC

ziggyzago

I just got out of CDL training school and will be going to TMC.Does anyone know if they make you sign a mandatory contract with them and what is a mandatory contract anyhow.:confused:

Did they pay for you CDL training? That is the only way they can get you into a contract, which would be anywhere from 1 year to 18 months.

If that is the case, then basically, if you leave before your contract is fulfilled, they will hit your for a bill to pay for your training.

Did they pay for you CDL training? That is the only way they can get you into a contract, which would be anywhere from 1 year to 18 months.

If that is the case, then basically, if you leave before your contract is fulfilled, they will hit your for a bill to pay for your training.

Shouldn't they have explained that to him before the schooling? That is wrong to give him the schooling and THEN say we have you on a mandatory contract. I would reread my papers before signing anything else. and legal advice is always good.

Thanks for the imformation. Yep I paid over 3 grand for CDL training. I was a little confused because when I was in school a recruiter from Star told us his company would not force us to sign a mandatory contract like the rest of the companies. So in other words he just ball faced lied to us knowing that all of us sitting there had already paid for our own tuition. Sure are alot of shady companies out there. Thanks again.

I wouldn't expect any company to make you sign a contract if you paid for schooling your own pocket. If they did, I wouldn't go to work for them.

I DROVE FOR TMC IN 1998,GOOD EQUIPMENT,NICE PEOPLE(EXCEPT FOR THEIR CRAZY SAFETY DUDE!!!HE WAS EX-DOT,NOT REALLY A BAD GUY.)AT THAT TIME I DIDN'T HAVE TO SIGN A CONTRACT.JUST MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR TRUCK WASHED.

TMC phone call today ...

Strange occurance ... I answered an ad in my local paper.
[Call 877-214-3624. Driver Trainee needed, earn up to $900/wk, home weekends with TMC. No CDL, no problem, company endorsed training.]
Phone call answered like this ... "Are you 21?(yes) Do you already have your CDL?(yes) You need to call this number, 888-487-8257.(ok thanks)
So I called that number and got WERNER recruiting office. After their questions, I asked them if they were affiliated with TMC? NO! Strange I said and told them the story. No explanation or reason why. End of story. Strange I think indeed!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread