Tires

hurgoll

Do you like the new super singles? we are starting to ship more and more of them every day. I was just wonder if they are really better.

The company my mom works for (Arnold transportation, now owned by US Xpress) has bought several trailers with the super singles, and have been converting trucks over. Her truck hasn't been converted, and I don't think it will for a while due to the job she has, but she isn't looking forward to them.

She doesn't have much to worry about though, as she only drives about a 5-10 mile radius, never over 40 mph, taking beer bottles from a warehouse over to Miller Brewery in Fort Worth.

As for me, I am not really concerned about them. Supposedly, the ride is much better, and as long as companies/drivers check the tires properly, there should be little problem with them.

Hubby says they do ride better but to be honest, I couldn't tell the difference. But maybe if I drove on them for 10 hours a day I'd be able to tell better!

I know one of the problems in the increased hydroplane effect, as the water cannot go through the middle to escape. I was talking with a C&C driver about that earlier. (owned by US Xpress also. :) )

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread